Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when wet over night

Default when wet over night

hi can any one recommend a good nappy rash cream that works ? as some times when i have a wet bottom over night it can get a bit sore i have tried one of the big name ones but not that great.thanks. little leo

Not sure which brands you might have around you, but most work about the same. Baby Oil is good for putting up a moisture barrener .

most times i put baby powder be for i go to bed and its ok but have one small problem with baby powder if i'm very wet in the night i can feel it on my skin with baby powder. so think are try some cream

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    most times i put baby powder be for i go to bed and its ok but have one small problem with baby powder if i'm very wet in the night i can feel it on my skin with baby powder. so think are try some cream
    I use Johnson and Johnson's Baby Lotion with Aloe and it has served me well. It has a green top. If all else fails, use Desitin, which mothers use on their babies when they have a diaper rash. It has an unpleasant smell, where as the J & J lotion has that wonderful baby diaper smell, like Pampers, etc.

I've been using J&J medicated corn starch (It has zinc oxide in it) and/or Balmex diaper rash cream when I've started to get a rash.
    I've used Desitin in the past and while it does work;I find it to be a bit hard to clean off and it doesn't really have a pleasant scent. That is unless you enjoy things that smell of fish
    Balmex actually smells nice and is a lot easier to clean off.

thanks little one, going to the supermarket to see what they have. it's very humid weather in the uk and being in nappies at night is not giving my bottom a chance to breathe.

I recently bought a 225g tub of Zinc and Castor cream from Home Bargains for 1. (Produced by Healthpoint ) It is very similar to the stuff my mum used to apply to my little sore areas as a cub. I was so pleased with it that I bought another. B&M stores and Home bargains are great if you live in the U.K. and keep going there on a regular basis. The stock changes very often so keep trying.

hm have not heard of that one but again i dont use bum cream that much but going to start. with this humid weather im getting a sore bottom .

Sudocrem is what I use most of the time... a layer of that and then light dusting of babypowder, seems to keep me ok overnight and into the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    hm have not heard of that one but again i dont use bum cream that much but going to start. with this humid weather im getting a sore bottom .
    I know that I have an odd sense of humour but I did mention B and (&) M. NOT BUM. *Laughs*
    B&M stores are great butt from now on I am going to call them BUM Stores. *laughs so much I pee my pants*