Thread: Being a DL got me into big trouble

Default Being a DL got me into big trouble

Hi there,

Being a Dl has got me into big trouble before. I was groomed by a paedophile six years ago who gave me nappies but all he wanted was to rape me. My mum found out and a court case ensued and all that crap and I didn't go back to nappies until two weeks ago as I told my mum again and she was fine with it.

It seriously was bad for me, the stress and embarrassment of it all. It got into the local papers and everything.

I'm glad I can be me now but it is very difficult as I still feel ashamed sometimes. I'm just wondering what you lot have to say to it all. At least oyu lot aren't bad eh?

While I can speak for myself and say that I personally am not bad, I would encourage you not to assume that that is the case with everyone. You must be vigil and practice internet safety (don't give out your real name, address, or phonenumber etc). It's much better to be safe than sorry.

As to the rest, I'm really sorry that happened to you.

God I'm really sorry that happened. But know this: being a DL wasn't what caused what happened to happen. This scum would just as easily used any other of your interests as an exploit. It would be the same as "watching TV got me into big trouble". Predators stake out which kids are most vulnerable, notice a lot of them work or volunteer in places that put them in contact with lots of potential prey and present themselves as a 'benevolent adult role model'. I don't wish to stir anything further up but thought it was important that people are aware that radio-controlled cars can lead to being taken advantage of just as much as diapers

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    God I'm really sorry that happened. But know this: being a DL wasn't what caused what happened to happen. This scum would just as easily used any other of your interests as an exploit. It would be the same as "watching TV got me into big trouble". Predators stake out which kids are most vulnerable, notice a lot of them work or volunteer in places that put them in contact with lots of potential prey and present themselves as a 'benevolent adult role model'. I don't wish to stir anything further up but thought it was important that people are aware that radio-controlled cars can lead to being taken advantage of just as much as diapers
    Good point. I shall keep my wits about me don't you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by littlediddysteve View Post
    It seriously was bad for me, the stress and embarrassment of it all. It got into the local papers and everything.
    Having been in a similar situation, I can say the police involvement was a LOT more stressful for me than what happened before. Not that the police being involved was a bad thing, but I was just so humiliated and felt disgusting when my parents found out. So it's understandable you'd be put off for a while.

Others are right, however; there are creepy monsters in every corner of the world, you did not get yourself into trouble (and nor did being a DL), a predator took advantage of you (a young boy), you should never have been put in that position. It was 'silly' to do what you did at most, but he is the only one in the wrong here.

What I have to say is the shame is completely understandable to me personally, but it wasn't your fault, and if you ever need anybody to talk to I'm chill for that. Other than that, while I don't think most of the community are 'bad', we're not a uniform group of people, and there are some people I personally am wary of... And people I think would be wary of me! You'll develop the skills to suss out what kind of person someone else is over time, something which doesn't come easily at 14 or 15.

Glad to hear the You and you're Mom were able to get that Monster off the streets. Like you I to was molested , but was never able to tell anyone. But feeling guilty over something that I had no control over took a while to get over.

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    Glad to hear the You and you're Mom were able to get that Monster off the streets. Like you I to was molested , but was never able to tell anyone. But feeling guilty over something that I had no control over took a while to get over.
    Oh yes! I only got back into it two weeks ago (almost) after 'coming out' so to speak to my Mum again! I feel a damn sight better than I did before that. I have depression at the moment and actually I think having nappies and dummies etc is helping me cope with the stress or it may just be my antidepressants! Who knows?

I have however told friends (with or without mentioning the nappies) in the past just to you know get it off my chest. It is still hard though as I feel so stupid saying if you like nappies chat to me haha.

Being AB, a DL, or both, can be very confusing, and make one feel alone and depressed. This is what I have found in my own life anyway. And feeling lonely, I would take risks in my early life, to try to overcome the loneliness. This leaves you open to being victimized by people willing to exploit your feelings for their own depravity. You found this out the hard way. This is a warning to those younger people in this group, that there are many depraved people out there willing to use your AB/DL as a way to victimize you.

I could say the same thing about being a woman or mentally disabled or being a child. Those are all vulnerable to rape. You could say being a woman got you into trouble or being mentally disabled got someone into trouble or them being a kid got them into trouble. I could even say autism got me sexually assaulted or me being pregnant or being a woman or being naive.

A pedophile may use something to rape you and he just happened to target you being a DL so he'd have an excuse to get to you so he could rape you. The same thing could be said about other things I mentioned above.
    Last edited by Calico; 24-Jun-2013 at 21:15.