Thread: Am I the only one who finds it insulting to the piece of entertainment if you include it in abdl roleplay

Default Am I the only one who finds it insulting to the piece of entertainment if you include it in abdl roleplay

I'm fine if you guys are into it but I would find it insulting to the franchise if I included it in ABDL role play, i'll give you an example in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Even if I am a brony I would never want to wear a MLP diaper because I find it insulting to mlp as if to say its for babies.

I would love to have a high quality spike plushy and would sleep with it every night, but would keep it out of ABDL roleplay because it would feel like I'm saying MLP is for babies. That and I would feel like spike would be judging me

even something slightly more age appropriate like watching the show while regressed (my age is above that of a toddler) or playing with pony toys would probably feel akward and give me the impression that the characters are judging me, or they wouldn't want this.

However I have never done real role play so on the flip side I might like this on a play date with a friend as I like mlp. though my first time role playing would probably be awkward and I may still have this feeling.

Does anyone else get this way or feel/felt the same thing

Uhh... But by saying that MLP stuff can't be on any kind of children's product thusly say that 'MLP is only for adults'?

Uh.

Honestly, first of all, I kind of doubt how mature MLP actually is. It's fun alright, I like to watch it from time to time as well, but even to people outside the AB/DL scene it's not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when you talk about awesome tv shows for grown-ups. The entire brony culture is sort of a counterculture anyway, it's about not giving a damn about what you're supposed to like and what's appropriate for your age and gender. Which is cool. But it doesn't take away the fact that MLP was never made with the average brony in mind.

Second of all, little kids can enjoy otherwise mature things, I don't see the big deal with that. If you would let an actual baby or toddler watch MLP, even though he/she would be too young to fully understand it, that wouldn't be insulting, right? But they may still like it because it's colorful and cheerful and has some nice songs, right? So why would it be insulting if you watch MLP when ageplaying? Or to wear diapers with MLP characters on them? Not even the people who produce the show think like that, otherwise they wouldn't have given permission to put their characters on diapers.

MLP is not for babies, but you are as entitled to watch it when regressed as you are as an adult. Either way you won't be the target audience. =P

You DO realize that MLP was originally for younger audiences, right?

It doesn't matter if you like having something related to it while you're regressed/engaging in AB/DL roleplay, whatever you personally think your little self would like while your in that kind of mindset or engaging in that activity doesn't matter, as long as you enjoy it it should seem insulting to the piece of entertainment you like.

Quote Originally Posted by SicartheaSpikefan View Post
    I'm fine if you guys are into it but I would find it insulting to the franchise if I included it in ABDL role play, i'll give you an example in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Even if I am a brony I would never want to wear a MLP diaper because I find it insulting to mlp as if to say its for babies.

I would love to have a high quality spike plushy and would sleep with it every night, but would keep it out of ABDL roleplay because it would feel like I'm saying MLP is for babies. That and I would feel like spike would be judging me

even something slightly more age appropriate like watching the show while regressed (my age is above that of a toddler) or playing with pony toys would probably feel akward and give me the impression that the characters are judging me, or they wouldn't want this.

However I have never done real role play so on the flip side I might like this on a play date with a friend as I like mlp. though my first time role playing would probably be awkward and I may still have this feeling.

Does anyone else get this way or feel/felt the same thing
    This is just like saying MLP is for Girls only and boy's should never like it. The whole premise of FiM was for it to be accessible for everyone's enjoyment.

I have this mental image of Spike looking out from the TV at an ABDL and going 'What the heck!? You're wearing diapers while watching My Little Pony!? This isn't some KIDS SHOW! If you want to wear diapers and watch kids shows, change the TV to Game Of Thrones!'.

Thankfully, I don't actually think that fictional cartoon characters look down upon me for what I wear while watching their shows.

well this is defiantly a great introduction on my part, I bet i have bad karma now (or reputation if that's what its called)

I have had a bit more time to think so i will explain this better

I know that the characters can't judge me, I just feel like they can. sorta how you can get afraid of something that cant hurt you. for me my mind set for mlp, even if its a kids show, if fairly adult so the regressed form wouldn't be super natural even if younger kids do watch it.

watching mlp in diapers would be like watching mlp in a dress, or naked, or fapping to it. to me I know i would get a dirty feeling because when ever I have a bad thought or walk by the screen naked I just have this feeling like I shouldn't be doing this in the presence of these characters. Even though i know there is nothing wrong with it. Its more rude to MLP then insulting now that I think about it.

And this isn't just an MLP thing the same can be said of pokemon and religious objects. If i were a game of throwns fan it would be the same feeling. this isn't just an mlp thing and I'm asking if this happens to anyone else, even if its not diaper related

Quote Originally Posted by SicartheaSpikefan View Post
    well this is defiantly a great introduction on my part, I bet i have bad karma now (or reputation if that's what its called)

I have had a bit more time to think so i will explain this better

I know that the characters can't judge me, I just feel like they can. sorta how you can get afraid of something that cant hurt you. for me my mind set for mlp, even if its a kids show, if fairly adult so the regressed form wouldn't be super natural even if younger kids do watch it.

watching mlp in diapers would be like watching mlp in a dress, or naked, or fapping to it. to me I know i would get a dirty feeling because when ever I have a bad thought or walk by the screen naked I just have this feeling like I shouldn't be doing this in the presence of these characters. Even though i know there is nothing wrong with it. Its more rude to MLP then insulting now that I think about it.

And this isn't just an MLP thing the same can be said of pokemon and religious objects. If i were a game of throwns fan it would be the same feeling. this isn't just an mlp thing and I'm asking if this happens to anyone else, even if its not diaper related
    I wouldn't worry too much about perception. There's no way you'd pick up real negative reputation for this and I strongly doubt anyone will hold this against you even in disagreement. I'm sure you're not the only one just because it's almost impossible for anyone to be the only one anything. I can't say that it weighs on me. I'll attend to the concerns of real people in my life but fiction interacts on my terms. I can engage with fiction in formal wear, diapers, naked, or wearing silly hats, it's all good.

I can understand the need to show respect towards what we hold dear, for a long time I found it insulting to see the union jack on tea towels, mugs and even underwear but I've come to realise its how others show their love for whatever the subject is and I've now realised its all down to personal views on my part that make me dislike it.

I've never seen MLP other than a glance while changing channel so it has no meaning to me but if you feel its wrong to have a MLP diaper then by all means don't own one though remember there may be others that like their MLP diaper and who are we to stop that.

It's good to know I'm not the only who feels this way.

BTW I'm fine when someone else does it, even if it winds up on 4chan.