Thread: cloth backed diapers?

Default cloth backed diapers?

Well im down to my last 2 depends max and i may be getting some more diapers soon. Now I was hoping to find some diapers with velcro tabs that refastened because with the depends you just cant after a while. Are there any places that may sell them locally?like a walgreens or rite aid? If not i will probably just get the walgreens briefs.

Appreciate your help.

I know CVS had refasenable clothlike diapers, because I tried a pack, way back, I didn't like them so I never got them again, the refastenable part worked good but I didn't like the diaper material.

You're in luck because those are easier to find than plastic backed diapers.

Walgreens and CVS have them (they are like exactly the same from both)...I know Rite Aid has their own, but I haven't seen them or used them

Yes, the Walgreen's and CVS are cloth backed and have the velcro tabs and are easily refastened. There's another brand that you might find out there called Prevail. Where I am, some of the pharmacies carry these in lieu of a specific store brand. They are a few bucks less expensive than depends and are comparable to the Walgreens and CVS cloth backed store brands, though I don't think they are identical. I've tried the prevails before and they are an acceptable store brand.

Also, the new Attends Breathables are also cloth backed and have the velcro tabs. These might be more difficult to find, but there is an independently owned pharmacy near me that carries these so I have tried them. Don't be fooled, they are nothing like the Attends from years ago, the new breathables are significantly thinner and less absorbent, though I think they hold just a tad more than the CVS or Walgreens. If you see them in a store you might get them, but I wouldn't make an effort to go out of your way to seek these out.

I will have to keep my eyes out for those prevail ones then, im not sure if anyone carries them around here. Though i dont see alot of local pharmacies either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota13 View Post
    Well im down to my last 2 depends max and i may be getting some more diapers soon. Now I was hoping to find some diapers with velcro tabs that refastened because with the depends you just cant after a while. Are there any places that may sell them locally?like a walgreens or rite aid? If not i will probably just get the walgreens briefs.

Appreciate your help.
    Since you are in Michigan, I will recommend you NOT get the Miejer store brand. They have no stretch to them and the velcro tabs are weak, so every time you move they either open up or the tabs rip off altogether. Also, the Depends refastenables can be used like this, but have no sideguards and are not as comfortable as the Depends Max. I know what you mean about the tapes being refastenable on the Max's - the glue is often just a little too good.

Sam's Club diaper uses the cloth outer and velcro like tapes. They are cheap price, and fair to use unless you are a quick heavy wetter.