Thread: Are Adult Babies Misunderstood?

Default Are Adult Babies Misunderstood?

I was reading a few articles on what some people referred as " Adult Baby Syndrome". Just another label from people who lack understating.

Why are we AB's?
    There are many reasons for that. One thing that I have noticed from being on AB sites is that a lot of AB's are IC and truly need to wear diapers They ether became IC from wearing diapers or were IC and became AB because they wear diapers.

Some of us still struggle with why we are this way. some of us have accepted the fact and live with who we are. So what if we need some TLBC, (tender loving baby care). There is nothing wrong with getting a Hug from your Diaper.

I think we are just filling void in our lives, something that was lacking some where in our lives. Our baby worlds are happy places. There is never anything wrong with being Happy.

If you don't understand your feelings , just accept them because you may never really understand them.

You are a Special Person and don't ever let anyone tell you different .

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    I was reading a few articles on what some people referred as " Adult Baby Syndrome". Just another label from people who lack understating.

Why are we AB's?
    There are many reasons for that. One thing that I have noticed from being on AB sites is that a lot of AB's are IC and truly need to wear diapers They ether became IC from wearing diapers or were IC and became AB because they wear diapers.

Some of us still struggle with why we are this way. some of us have accepted the fact and live with who we are. So what if we need some TLBC, (tender loving baby care). There is nothing wrong with getting a Hug from your Diaper.

I think we are just filling void in our lives, something that was lacking some where in our lives. Our baby worlds are happy places. There is never anything wrong with being Happy.

If you don't understand your feelings , just accept them because you may never really understand them.

You are a Special Person and don't ever let anyone tell you different .
    Thank you for you reflections and kind sentiments. Our IC members are here for different reasons. Some have explored AB feelings as a way of accepting the need to wear protection. Some have gradually drifted into it for what may be some of the same underlying reasons that we all have experienced.

The why has been discussed many times on this site, and one curious thing always surfaces. Some of us have had hard and difficult childhoods, whether they were lacking love, or included abuse offered as a cause. But others have had loving and nurturing childhoods.

The reasoning then splits into two distinct theories. Those who had difficult childhoods feel that they are trying to re-create a safe, loving and nurturing childhood, the one they never had. Those who had good childhoods site that they are trying to re-create those same feelings of safety and comfort.

The fact that these two conflicting theories co-exist suggests that there may be a very different cause, as of now, unknown. It's possible that both exist as causative factors, two different reasons causing the same result. My guess is that the causes are many and complicated, and may even be somewhat hardwired, simply manifesting in this form.

some people find comfort from drinking or smoking or playing there sports or food no matter how you look at it is a comfort so i dont see any problem with finding comfort from nappies or bottles dummy eg i still have a comfort Blanket and i will say one more thing abdl people are some of the nicest and most politest people out there its just in the human DNA to attack some think that they cant understand every one would like to be a kid again if you are a ABDL or not thats why all adult say school is the best time of your life and when they say it you can see in there eyes they are back there in there mind just for a second .little leo

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Thank you for you reflections and kind sentiments. Our IC members are here for different reasons. Some have explored AB feelings as a way of accepting the need to wear protection. Some have gradually drifted into it for what may be some of the same underlying reasons that we all have experienced.

The why has been discussed many times on this site, and one curious thing always surfaces. Some of us have had hard and difficult childhoods, whether they were lacking love, or included abuse offered as a cause. But others have had loving and nurturing childhoods.

The reasoning then splits into two distinct theories. Those who had difficult childhoods feel that they are trying to re-create a safe, loving and nurturing childhood, the one they never had. Those who had good childhoods site that they are trying to re-create those same feelings of safety and comfort.

The fact that these two conflicting theories co-exist suggests that there may be a very different cause, as of now, unknown. It's possible that both exist as causative factors, two different reasons causing the same result. My guess is that the causes are many and complicated, and may even be somewhat hardwired, simply manifesting in this form.
    I may have mis-worded what I was trying to say. I did not indented to lump everyone with IC as an AB. I know they are some who handle it very well.

Yes being abused as older children, or difficult childhood does play a big roll. The wanting to return to a safe place before it all started. I think that is the most difficult thing to try to explain to someone. I was abused as an older child. My dad was a drinker, nice guy when he wasn't drinking but mean when he was drunk. For me wanting to return to that safe and secure place before it all stated has never gone away.

I can't leave without put my part... So here it comes, may a few hard article, but it's my point of view:

Personally I deal with myself "how I can." I can't say I hate myself, but accept myself as I'm (ABDL tendences) was very hard job. Understand ??? Not so... All my life I was into the pacis and later into diapers, I don't know exactly why. But it's not really important. I understand why ABs (people who are acting like babies) are interpreted how they are: Imaturous. I had a "luck" to know a few of these and mostly they've some serious mental problem (bipolars etc.) Deal with them is very difficult - victimism for past, indiscrets, obsesions, faults of resposability and organization... And I'm really tired to "do shrink." I do it, but not because I want, I do it, because I'm not cruel and don't like to say "fuck out from here you, asshole !!!" (It's nothing personal to anyone here, OK ?) Enough problems I've with myself. May I'm so hard, but to survive in real life is necessary. And I'm hard with myself too. I've a time for put me diaper sometimes, I sleep with paci most part of the nights, but there's not any reeason to be irespectfull to others begging atention "because my trashed head." I try to be respectfull, responsable etc. and really hate when others doesn't do the same. And it hasn't anything with diapers.

In my experience, it's not that a lot of ABs are IC. It's that a lot of ABs claim to be IC. I'm not attacking anyone specifically, but in the online realm of ABs a lot of people use that anonymity to life out IC fantasies and tell others that they are true.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    In my experience, it's not that a lot of ABs are IC. It's that a lot of ABs claim to be IC. I'm not attacking anyone specifically, but in the online realm of ABs a lot of people use that anonymity to life out IC fantasies and tell others that they are true.
    We've seen a few members on this site do exactly that, but we also have a large, genuinely incontinent group of members. I always try to remember that they are here, and I try to be respectful of their sensibilities. When the urge hits me to want to wear diapers and use them, I sometimes wish I could have an incontinence problem, just so I would have an excuse to wear, but then I'm reminded of our incontinent members. It's an insult to them, but more so, I've been reminded how inconvenient being incontinent really is.

I'm impressed with our incontinent members because they have come to this site and have been respectful of people like myself. I've never seen one of them question why we enjoy wearing diapers when we don't need them. Our incontinent members broaden who we are and help ground us, at least, members such as myself. They have my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    I have IC on my profile but it is nightime IC cause I frequently wet in my sleep.

Now to answer the original OP, when I was first starting out in the AB/DL world it was completely sexual and I always felt bad about it a cause of obvious reasons. I only really accepted it until it turned in to more of a comforting feeling.
    I have read and heard that AB's are weird freaks and have mental issues which really makes me hide all of this from the rest of society and all of the people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by tall2826 View Post
    I have read and heard that AB's are weird freaks and have mental issues which really makes me hide all of this from the rest of society and all of the people I know.
    Not all. I know about 10 - 12 ABDL persons and I have to say meet and really enjoy was possible only with 4 or 5 of them, less than 50%. Rest isn't aporting anything to me, except stress and agressive thinking.
    Last edited by CrazySmoker; 22-Jun-2013 at 02:02.

I don't know, I kind of fit. I was thinking about diapers long before my very mild (to the point I didn't list it) IC. In fifth grade I started wetting the bed every couple nights due to what was later diagnosed as Diabetes. I still wet occasionally if I had high blood sugar overnight (once every month or so.) Whenever I was high enough for this potentially occur I made a diaper out of sweatshirts/towels to keep it secret from my family.