Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was beaten as child growing up

Default I was beaten as child growing up

My Real Mom killed herself with a shot gun from behind the shower when I was 8 old which is when started wearing diapers to deal with the stress of losing my mom and then my only parent left started drinking which I why I hate drinking and then my dad remarriage and jerk ass ticking time bomb short temper short fuse angry step mom who chase around my house with horse whip trying beat the living shit out of me luckily she never caught me because my house as in circle so I could run away and my step mom would slam the horse whip on the kitchen table to get me to eat faster and my dad would belt me on my naked butt when I misbehaved and my dad would pick up sticks outside and beat me with them to get me behave and work for him and my dad would kick me in the ass so hard I couldn't sit down for hours and me step mom and dad thought that causing me pain was the only to get me to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by SennkohCoola View Post
    My Real Mom killed herself with a shot gun from behind the shower when I was 8 old which is when started wearing diapers to deal with the stress of losing my mom and then my only parent left started drinking which I why I hate drinking and then my dad remarriage and jerk ass ticking time bomb short temper short fuse angry step mom who chase around my house with horse whip trying beat the living shit out of me luckily she never caught me because my house as in circle so I could run away and my step mom would slam the horse whip on the kitchen table to get me to eat faster and my dad would belt me on my naked butt when I misbehaved and my dad would pick up sticks outside and beat me with them to get me behave and work for him and my dad would kick me in the ass so hard I couldn't sit down for hours and me step mom and dad thought that causing me pain was the only to get me to behave.
    There is never an excuse for abusing a child. I'm sorry that social services or some relative didn't intervene. Judging by how you now write, and understand, I'm not judging, I'm wondering if you had some learning disabilities? I work with junior high students with learning disabilities or behavior disorders. They can be difficult if you don't understand them and realize that there are a lot of things they can't control.

Sadly, some parents are not good parents, and they don't have the skills to understand and help their children. I wish there was a solution for this, but social services are always overwhelmed, and most children fall through the cracks, and sometimes into the pit of hell.

I hope as a membership on this site, we can be sensitive to your needs and listen to you. Sometimes, as in this case, I suppose, just writing about abuse can be good therapy, and that's why we're here for you. I had my share of abuse as a child, but it didn't come from my parents, but rather my cousins and other neighborhood kids. I was intelligent, musical and sensitive, and that's all it took. I eventually found solutions for it, weight lifting being one of them.

As adults, we sometimes have to recreate ourselves if we are to overcome the damage that childhood abuse causes. Education is one way. For me, reading and writing has helped. Exorcising and outside activity diverts my mind to more healthy things. We have to find our own way, and I hope you find yours. When all else fails, there are therapists who will listen and make suggestions. Hang in there my dragon friend.

Yes Dogboy,your correct! I have very mild case of ADHD and I take med's for my ADHD and when I drink 12 cans of Mtn Dew in 3 days with med's that I take every day,I'm High as the Sky on Caffeine!
    Last edited by SennkohCoola; 20-Jun-2013 at 00:06. Reason: spelling errors

My dad was strick one time i rember picking my self off the floor not knowing what i did. Then one time he came to school and spanked me for wetting my pants could not help it . Not as bad as your was .
    It shure can lower how you look at your self takes time to stop believing the old tapes in your mind they put there.

I don't remember the painful things of childhood I've blocked them out!

Think most of us who were abused do have learning disabilities. For a lot of us we want to go back to that safe place before any of the abuse happened. I was beat with a belt by my Dad. For me that lead to a life time of bed wetting. I did not have many friends as a kid because didn't want others to know what was going on. I would even skip gym class so others wouldn't see the welts on my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    My dad was strick one time i rember picking my self off the floor not knowing what i did. Then one time he came to school and spanked me for wetting my pants could not help it . Not as bad as your was .
    It shure can lower how you look at your self takes time to stop believing the old tapes in your mind they put there.
    We can erase those old tapes but the Emotional scares can hang on for a life time.

Sorry foxkits and sennkohcoola.......I could share some things too but why. Just brings everything back. Foxkits your so right about your comment. Don't know if we ever stop believing what was drilled into the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post

Quote Originally Posted by krallen View Post
    We can erase those old tapes but the Emotional scares can hang on for a life time.
    Yes they can but We can learn to live with it by taking it one day at a time trying not to be harsh with our selves.