Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB parent question survey?

Default AB parent question survey?

How would you feel about your child buying diapers and "stuff"?

Would you prefer they did it on the internet or IRL?

If my kid were to want them, I'd support them. I'd let them buy them off the Internet as long as they're not off of dodgy sites. XP Medical, Dry247.com, Huggies, what-have-you. Just not like, eBay and stuff.

baby kiffer

First of all, if my child (assuming I have children eventually) had opened up to me and stated his/her need for infantilism-related materials, I would strongly question my role in his interests. Likely, I would have still retained the interests I hold now, and it would have worried me if my child had *coincidentally* developed the same interests.

I would want to know why my child had such interests, but I would not him/her any different than how my parents have treated me--which means I will not necessarily let him/her have anything he/she wants.

If I were to give-in to my child's demands, it would send a potentially-harmful message--that anybody would willingly accept this part of him/her. I would want my child to learn, as I did, how to control their their desires. Naturally, I might desire to monitor my child excessively to watch for any signs of emotional difficulty.

However, I know my child would likely do things behind my back anyway. I know I did so to my parents a few times. However, I learned valuable (though sometimes harsh) lessons from those experiences. The best thing for my child, thus, would be to offer him/her a fair amount of guidance and support, and to make sure the computer security software is updated.

I would allow my child to communicate on websites such as this (assuming "ADISC" would still exist; it is such a great and supportive community), and I would allow him/her to purchase select items under moderation--no shopping sprees, however, and with his/her own money.

Lastly, however, I would change one policy which my parents have impressed upon me: I would allow my child to use diapers, under the condition to practice proper hygiene. Frankly, I still disagree with this particular policy my parents have fabricated, and I would not wish to impose it upon my child. If my child has diapers, and I trust that he/she will practice proper hygene, I will not oppose him/her using them for what they were meant.

~baby kiffer~

long time, no words.

Well if my child came to me and told me they liked diapers or was an infantilist I would first have a talk with them about it. I doubt I would tell them I was one too. Although if they told me at an age before 16 then I would buy and even pay for the diapers for them, but only under certain circumstances. They can only wear at home, and it must be worn out of site when outside your room and also that they must do well in school and stay out of trouble. If they meet all that then I have no problem supplying them in moderation with a case every 3 months give or take a week or two.

Of course I do have limits. Like I said I would only do that at 15 and younger, if they were 16 or when they turned 16 I would make them get a job and pay for their own since they were legal to drive.

If I were ever to have kids, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Like other's have said I would allow them to buy diapers if they wanted to, however it would have to be with their own money. It wouldn't make much difference if they wanted to get them at a store or on the internet, I would allow them to get them. As for how I would allow them to get them, well they can do it the same way that I did. Before I could drive I rode my bike to the store - which I was allowed to do and I put them in my backpack. My kid could do this if they wanted, so long as we lived in an area where riding to the store would be a legitimate option. However, I have also lived in rural areas where riding a bike to the store would be darn near impossible, so if this were the situation, I would allow them to accompany me when I was going to the store and if they were to buy them with their own money then so be it. I personally feel that if I were to buy them diapers or baby items then that's going into a bit of a gray area in terms of my parenting.

I think the best thing for me to do would to be supportive and understanding, and that would have to go with really any non-harmful kink that they might have. I know that for myself, the desire for diapers will never go away, it never has and it seems that most people on this forum agree that you can't fully rid yourself of the desire to wear.

As for my kid actually wearing and or using diapers, well, if they bought them themselves, then I have no problem with them utilizing them for their intended purpose. Again, I do not want to see it. I would want them to keep their diapers out of sight for several reasons. Mostly, I think they need to be kept hidden in order to protect themselves. I can only imagine what would happen to their social lives if say a friend came over and there's a big bag of diapers just lying around their room. However, I would be understanding about their wanting them so they would not have to live in the constant fear of being discovered by their parents. I would know that they are in there somewhere, so it wouldn't be an issue. I know I was constantly worried that someday my mom would go and clean out my room and stumble on my stash - I worried almost every day when coming home from school that "today might be the day." Thankfully, this never happened to me, though I am fairly sure she may have found them at least once and it might just be one of those things that she never mentioned. I would not want my kid to deal with that undue stress.

As for them wearing them and using them, I would not want them to wear them out of the house, and even at home, they better be discreet about it. They would have to wear clothes over it unless they were alone in their room. And so long as they are disposed in a sanitary manner, that would be fine.

I guess to sum it up, I don't have an issue with my kids wearing diapers, I don't want to see it, and they better not expect me to be an enabler. If they get them themselves, use them discreetly, that's just fine.

I agree with Ace. I raised three kids, but this issue hasn't come up. All my kids either don't have an interest or are really, really, really good at hiding it, but I doubt it.

If they wanted brands readily available in local stores, I'd prefer they buy them there to save shipping costs. I know some of the better brands are only available online, so if those were their preference, buying off the internet would be OK.

If they were to be involved in a fad, fetish, or whatever, I'd just as soon it be for baby items. At least they aren't going to ruin their health or endanger their lives by wearing a diaper, sleeping with a plushie, or sucking a paci or bottle. A TB/DL lifestyle is pretty benign compared to many things they could be involved with instead.

~Pramrider

If I ever had kids (which I one day hope to), I would certainly be accepting of it, but...
    I would question them of their interests in it, how long they've felt this way, or if it has anything to do with actual medical problems. I certainly would NOT buy them anything, and they'd have to buy diapers with their own money they earned. They would have to ask before buying online, and it'd have to be off an "Approved" site, not eBay or anything like that. I might as well not say "No" because I know that they'd just sneak it past my back anyways, like I do.
    But I wouldn't give in to them. If they told me "I really really need them though, Mom~!" I would tell them to suck it up and wait until they got enough cash to get their own.
    I'd make sure that they knew what to watch out for, and to not do anything they don't want to do.
    I'd be a pretty lenient parent, but I'd make sure they were safe, and happy, and to be strict when it comes to that : P

I understand most people wanting their kids to buy their own, but thats not usually possible when their 15 or younger. The only job a 14 or 15 year old can get is a job at fast food lol. I really would not want my kid working their either, unless maybe chikfila cause it is above and beyond fast food. But the point is the only money a 15 year old gets is from their parents, unless they work fastfood.

This is why I would buy them diapers (only diapers nothing else and a certain limit of diapers), but make sure they were aware they should have a job by the day they turn 16 cause thats the day I buy the last diapers for them ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    I understand most people wanting their kids to buy their own, but thats not usually possible when their 15 or younger. The only job a 14 or 15 year old can get is a job at fast food lol. I really would not want my kid working their either, unless maybe chikfila cause it is above and beyond fast food. But the point is the only money a 15 year old gets is from their parents, unless they work fastfood.

This is why I would buy them diapers (only diapers nothing else and a certain limit of diapers), but make sure they were aware they should have a job by the day they turn 16 cause thats the day I buy the last diapers for them ever.
    We had someone shot in burger kings drive through in my town.... >_> and my mom does not want me working at the mall where there is no drive through at burger king. (Keep in mind I'm 17 in a few weeks. The only places that get shootings are dress stores in the mall. and maby a mugging at night.) and would rather me work near the one Someone was shot at for a really gay(stupid) reason.