Thread: Nuk 5 bottle

Default Nuk 5 bottle

I have a Nuk 5 bottle that I got from baby-pants but, I have a problem with it and was wondering if someone could help me!

The problem is when I got it there was no hole in the nipple part. So I made some small holes with a pin but it don't seam to be working..

When I tried to suck harder it just sucked in the nipple part in and then all my juice was leaking out...

Has anyone else bought one? What did you do to make a hole in the nipple?

Thanks,
    DLG

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my bottle.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	17441

Now i dont have any experience with it personally, but one night while reading ab blogs, i read where people talked about those bottles and they said they were made that way so you could put the right size hole in it for your feeding needs. Some said use an ice pick, others said cut off as small or as big a piece with scissors as you need. Hope that helps

Just poking a hole with pin in the nipple won't really work. The hole you make just close's up on itself. You need to heat up a needle and actually remove a little rubber in the hole you make.
    You may need to make make a couple of small holes to get the flow you want.

I always do a cross cut on mine with a pair of scissors at the very tip of the nipple. That way all you have to do is squeeze the nipple and suck. The opening is self closing so you'll only get about a drops worth of leakage. About a millimeter to a milli and a half should be perfect.

I had great results with a round wooden toothpick and a razor blade.

Push the pointy end of the round toothpick from the inside of the nipple where you want the hole, or in this case where you have the starter hole. When there is enough material pushed out (just a tiny bit: start small and you can keep doing it until it's right) cut it in a circle using the toothpick as your backstop. You should be able to get a neat hole exactly the size you want.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFord384 View Post
    I had great results with a round wooden toothpick and a razor blade.

Push the pointy end of the round toothpick from the inside of the nipple where you want the hole, or in this case where you have the starter hole. When there is enough material pushed out (just a tiny bit: start small and you can keep doing it until it's right) cut it in a circle using the toothpick as your backstop. You should be able to get a neat hole exactly the size you want.
    That's really clever! I tried to do the cross-cut thing once and failed miserably. Haven't been brave enough to try the red-hot needle method. I'm really sensitive to heat and also really clumsy. I think I'll give this a try on some un-perforated regular baby-size nipples so I know I won't mess it up when I buy another adult nipple.

Though I use baby bottles, I used a cork screw tip to enlarge mine, and it worked well.

I'm really surprised that some of the baby bottle companies haven't made a special cutting device to make holes in nipples. For more information on making holes and blind nipples, Google cleft palate feeding. I find the nipples for cleft palate nursing bottles are a lot nicer than regular baby bottle nipples.

I have the same bottle. I have 3 little holes on the tip of the nipple. I can suck very well without the liquid that comes out