Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing the right diaper

Default Help choosing the right diaper

So I'm going to go buy some diapers from Walmart. I was wondering what the best Walmart brand diapers are. I'm gonna take them to Japan with me, so I want them to be discreet. I also need a lot of absorbency because I have a big boy bladder. Also I'm going to be gone for 10 days. I'll probably actually only use the diapers if I have to, since public restrooms in Japan are rare haha, and we'll be out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo5 View Post
    So I'm going to go buy some diapers from Walmart. I was wondering what the best Walmart brand diapers are. I'm gonna take them to Japan with me, so I want them to be discreet. I also need a lot of absorbency because I have a big boy bladder. Also I'm going to be gone for 10 days. I'll probably actually only use the diapers if I have to, since public restrooms in Japan are rare haha, and we'll be out a lot.
    While I don't actually have any experience with diapers, I've been on this site long enough to know that trusting some generic store brand diaper to completely hold a full bladder is a BIG mistake. Personally, I think the whole idea of taking diapers on this trip is bad idea for several reasons, because you are travelling with a group.

1) Move the wrong way and exposing the top of your pants. What if your diaper is sticking out of them?

2) What if a roommate accidently stumbles upon them?

3) Leaks. And would you be comfortable staying in a wet diaper for an extended period of time if you can't find a place to change?

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    1) Move the wrong way and exposing the top of your pants. What if your diaper is sticking out of them?
    I think I'd have to go with something that looks like underwear at the top. There's lots of brands that have that.

2) What if a roommate accidently stumbles upon them?
    I personally wouldn't care haha, considering that they'll be in my carry on/backpack. I'd be a lot more worried about someone going through my backpack than them actually seeing my diapers heh...

3) Leaks. And would you be comfortable staying in a wet diaper for an extended period of time if you can't find a place to change?
    I would be just fine with it, considering its a good diaper. Note, I'd only use them if my bladder fails. I would be able to have protection from pee going down into my shorts/jeans. I wouldn't just up and go in them for pleasure. haha.

But that's the thing - Walmart diapers AREN'T good diapers. If your bladder is that full that you have an accident, it's probably going to leak from all that pee.

A full bladder + any diaper you can find at walmart = leaky diaper. You would best order something from xpmedical or bambino and have them hold it at the shipping facility and pick them up there. Cheap diapers tend to also not cover smells either, so you will have to deal with that as well.

Most diaper-wearers would agree that any Depends product cannot be trusted with a full bladder.

If only this forum could refrain us from using the word "Depends"....

But yeah, if you still have time before your trip, order some online. Then again, it also depends on your housing situation (DANGIT I SAID THE WORD AGAIN) and if having others around will make ordering them troublesome or something like that, but from what I see, it doesn't look like that will really be a problem for ya. Not to mention you can also have your order held onto at the shipping facility, like mattyd said.

If your going to Japan there is a huge diaper culture out there find some nice Japanese diapers!

You might be better off buying only what you need for the day of travel, and buying the rest in Japan when you arrive. I've heard that Japanese adult diapers are easy to find and are far superior to what you'll get in an American store.