Thread: What the hell color is this website?

Default What the hell color is this website?

I got a new laptop a few days ago and I'm still getting used to it. One thing I noticed while I had it side-by-side with the old one is that on the new one, my whites are waaaaaay whiter and brighter. Like I-could-make-an-ad-for-laundary-detergent whiter. Just now, I signed on to ADISC using the new laptop for the first time. I have the "Simple Pink" skin and on the old laptop the site was, well, pink. But on the new laptop it's a lovely shade of lavender. I don't mind this considering I'm quite fond of lavender.

I thought of taking a screenshot on both of my computers and posting the screenshots, then I realized that would be dumb.

So ADISC, change your settings to "Simple Pink" for a minute if you're not using it already. What do you see?

It's a mix of bright and faded Pink on my end.

I think it may have something to do with your monitor or something like that, unfortunately I wish I knew more on the subject on monitors being different with coloring, if that is the case.

Ha! You´re just trying to make us all use the pink skin, right? Right?!
    Nice try! :p

Wow, I didn't even know there was a pink option! I love it! I can see what you mean though; It's not as purely pink as I typically imagine pink to be.

Once my eyes stopped bleeding (dark to light is paiinnnfulll), its a mix of darker pinks, maybe a bit purpleish, and some lighter more pink/purple mix.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I thought of taking a screenshot on both of my computers and posting the screenshots, then I realized that would be dumb.
    LOL. But surely you have a camera of some sort? Something will be lost in translation regardless.

As for me, I don't see any color. Also (sorry if this is getting OT), the ADISC window will sometimes begin moving upwards on its own until it disappears off the top of the screen, and then it will emerge from the bottom of the screen and keep doing this over and over and over. I find that I have to twist the "V. Hold" knob on my monitor to stop this. Anybody else have that problem?

I've got mine on simple pink on my lap top. It's also different shades of pink to almost lavender. I've been using this screen for along time as for me it's easier to read with only one eye
    and my depth perception.

Some dark pink bits and some light pink bits, I don't know enough about colours to go beyond a light/dark description except in very specific cases.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    I got a new laptop a few days ago and I'm still getting used to it. One thing I noticed while I had it side-by-side with the old one is that on the new one, my whites are waaaaaay whiter and brighter. Like I-could-make-an-ad-for-laundary-detergent whiter. Just now, I signed on to ADISC using the new laptop for the first time. I have the "Simple Pink" skin and on the old laptop the site was, well, pink. But on the new laptop it's a lovely shade of lavender. I don't mind this considering I'm quite fond of lavender.

So ADISC, change your settings to "Simple Pink" for a minute if you're not using it already. What do you see?
    I realize you probably already know this, but, for everyone else:
    • Most sites do not offer multiple color theme / skin options.
    • We do, due to members' liking them, even though they are really annoying from a technical point of view.
    • Please bear in mind that the skin options you see may not last forever. They're not generally updated to match new versions of our software, which means over time incompatibilities add up.
    • While you're welcome to use the alternative skins now, bear in mind they may not support all features, are unsupported in general, and may not last forever.