Thread: Minecraft Multiplayer

Default Minecraft Multiplayer

Does anyone know if there is a playable AB/DL community server for Minecraft (PC)?
    I've been dying to play with others lately.
    =(

There was a Adisc server but barely anyone played on it so it closed. Now Moo is trying to get people into the free to play D&D RPG.

Free to Play Dungeons and Dragons?
    That sounds... *Strokes his chin*... intriguing.
    I thought to revive my WoW account, but have noone currently to play with, leaving Diablo3 and PS3 titles to my availability.

I've also been considering reviving the Minecraft server, but it may be a few months before that is seriously considered again.

The MC server had a lot of interest at the start, but then it died down once people got to the point of being invulnerable to mobs, having infinite resources, etc.

I've been considering starting up a new MC server running FTB (feed the beast) or some similar modpack.

Not planning to right now, but it is an idea I've been bouncing around for awhile.

The main issue with a MC server is that it costs me $60 a month (on top of my time) to run it.

You're welcome to join the group on the Free 2 Play D&D game DDO, though. We're actually running that today.

I would certently be interested in the minecraft server being revised. I like tekkit but I would tryout FTB so I could play with fellow members.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    I've also been considering reviving the Minecraft server, but it may be a few months before that is seriously considered again.

The MC server had a lot of interest at the start, but then it died down once people got to the point of being invulnerable to mobs, having infinite resources, etc.

I've been considering starting up a new MC server running FTB (feed the beast) or some similar modpack.

Not planning to right now, but it is an idea I've been bouncing around for awhile.

The main issue with a MC server is that it costs me $60 a month (on top of my time) to run it.

You're welcome to join the group on the Free 2 Play D&D game DDO, though. We're actually running that today.
    What if someone was willing to pay the monthly fee for the minecraft server?

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    What if someone was willing to pay the monthly fee for the minecraft server?
    It was funded by donations before for awhile.
    Thing is, I couldn't keep asking people to donate $60 more a month so only a handful of people could play.
    It did not seem like a good use of donation money.

If someone has $60 a month to donate to ADISC, I'm SURE I could find a better use for that money than Minecraft.

If they just want to fund a MC server, nothing else... well, we could do that, but it would still take my time/etc to setup.
    And, of course, there would still need to be demand.