Thread: Xbox one and microsofts utter stupidity.

Default Xbox one and microsofts utter stupidity.

Are microsoft trying to fail ?

With the Xbox One, console owners will have to register their games online which will tie said game to the user's account. In order to play their games, the account will need to be connected to the internet once every 24-hours in order to verify the account and each game's authenticity.

...what this means is that Xbox One games can only be activated and played in the regions they're purchased in

As such, games bought in Italy could quite possibly only be played in Italy on an Italian console. Further, if you took said Italian console with your Italian Xbox Live account and a bevy of Italian-bought games to Turkey, they won't work. Games bought in the country won't work. And the console itself would potentially be useless beyond any offline functionality we have yet to hear anything about.
    Here's the official list of the Xbox One's supported countries for Xbox Live that Microsoft has released:

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Brazil
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Italy
    Mexico
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Russia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

Microsoft's list of the Xbox One's supported countries for Xbox LIVE and what that means - Neoseeker

I'm surprised Japan isn't on that list - I know the Xbox was never huge over there, but still.

And yes, they're trying to fail - they've forgotten why they became so popular. They've forgotten that they dominated the PC market partly because it was easy to develop software for their operating systems, they didn't try to build a walled garden and limit a user's ability to use the legitimate software. They now think that they got that way through the shrewd act of limiting developer activity, gamer incentive to use their product and the huge brick and mortar establishments that helped make their products wildly popular through the selling of less expensive used games.

Though I've not really bought into the console wars, I think I may get into the action this time, and buy about 5 Ouya's.

Oh and let's not forget about the latest news that came from E3 about the playable demos for the XBox One.

"The latest rumors surrounding the Xbox One are that the demos that Microsoft allowed people to play on at E3 were not running on an Xbox One, but instead running on high-end PCs with Titan graphics cards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_moeyttqAY01riub9mo1_500.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	17392

Name:	tumblr_moeyttqAY01riub9mo2_500.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	17393

If this is the case, they were running the games on a system that is around 3x faster than the Xbox One.

These rumors are backed up by images that clearly show a high-end desktop under the displays of the Xbox One stands at E3.
    "

There's a lot more to the story then the "tears of story" that you are posting here.

1. xbox pulled basically what steam did. There's a lot into this that is legit. But you need to read up on it. There's a reasoning behind the checkin's rather then the "screwing gamers" and really it has to do with the disc's sold in stores. (go talk with the people that worked on the consul)
    2. No shit they were running on PC's Are you daf... So were other game systems there. They're developing atm. So yes, while there are dev kits and stuff. They're primarily running them on computers with similar specs. Because one... it's cheaper. Two, it's easier to fix.

Am I pissed off about xbox. HELL yes. But I'm not spouting half the information. Go read up on these facts before you post them. :/

FYI I'm not getting an xbox. I'm an ps4/pc gamer don't need the xbox.

TS;DR Microsoft screwed a lot of other people off. They're trying to push new innovation and really. They're going somewhat in the right direction with their system. Now could they have Talked about this better explained stuff better. HELL YES. rather then being idiots about it.

And truely... why are you buying a system ment for multiplier games to play offline....

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    2. No shit they were running on PC's Are you daf... So were other game systems there. They're developing atm. So yes, while there are dev kits and stuff. They're primarily running them on computers with similar specs. Because one... it's cheaper. Two, it's easier to fix.

And truely... why are you buying a system ment for multiplier games to play offline....
    You're right, I should've stopped to realize how idiotic my point was. That point, at least. I guess I was in the spur of the moment that I let logic slip past me.

With that said, however, I can't deny that some of the choices with the creation of the console aren't on the level. Plus, the reason why we would buy the console is for the fact that maybe we don't WANT to have always play multiplayer. Yes, sometimes the multiplayer is better than the single player campaign, but there will be people who prefer offline or just want to take a break from playing multiplayer.

The strength of a console comes from having the choice to play a game solo or with friends. Single player games are great. Multiplayer games are great. The XBox 360 was a console that showed Microsoft understood that, but they seemed to lose sight of that fact when they made the XBox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    Oh and let's not forget about the latest news that came from E3 about the playable demos for the XBox One.

"The latest rumors surrounding the Xbox One are that the demos that Microsoft allowed people to play on at E3 were not running on an Xbox One, but instead running on high-end PCs with Titan graphics cards.

Name:	tumblr_moeyttqAY01riub9mo1_500.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	17392

Name:	tumblr_moeyttqAY01riub9mo2_500.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	17393

If this is the case, they were running the games on a system that is around 3x faster than the Xbox One.

These rumors are backed up by images that clearly show a high-end desktop under the displays of the Xbox One stands at E3.
    "
    And? The same thing went on for Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, Fez, etc. Games are developed on computers after all.

Trust me Killzone wasn't running on a PS4, not a 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    There's a lot more to the story then the "tears of story" that you are posting here.[snip]But I'm not spouting half the information. Go read up on these facts before you post them. :/
    I've made no comment on anything other than the facts I have presented here.

My post is about ignoring everyone else outside the list of 21 countries.

If you consider there are 50 European countries but only 15 of them are listed by microsoft then you look at who is missing out it seems bloody stupid and that isn't even considering the rest of the world.

Here's a list of all the remaining European countries that will have no access to the xbox one.

Albania
    Andorra
    Azerbaijan
    Belarus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Estonia
    Georgia
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Kazakhstan
    Latvia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Macedonia
    Malta
    Moldova
    Monaco
    Montenegro
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    San Marino
    Serbia
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    Vatican City

Now I admit the need for xbox in the Vatican City probably isn't too high but what about all the rest ?