Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fetlife > ADISC?

Talking Fetlife > ADISC?

I would like to hear about your experience on Fetlife.com and how it compares to ADISC. I feel this could be very constructive for this site.

Me personally, I started here on ADISC and was generally pleased. Fetlife provides unimpeded communication within your LOCAL AB/DL community, which is very appealing to some. For instance, within 12 days of signing up for Fetlife, I single-handedly organized my local fetish scene and we've had a wonderful first munch. I've made 6 new offline AB/DL friends in my own town.

Have any of you had similar experiences?

~Woof

I regularly visit a munch which is posted in fetlife. I do have to set my firefox browser to filter out the nudie ads, though, because I'm a conservative religious freak and I'm married.

As far as people's nudie avs, can't do anything about it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WoofWoof
    I would like to hear about your experience on Fetlife.com and how it compares to ADISC. I feel this could be very constructive for this site.

Me personally, I started here on ADISC and was generally pleased. Fetlife provides unimpeded communication within your LOCAL AB/DL community, which is very appealing to some. For instance, within 12 days of signing up for Fetlife, I single-handedly organized my local fetish scene and we've had a wonderful first munch. I've made 6 new offline AB/DL friends in my own town.
    Both sites are VERY different in their focus. ADISC is first and foremost a support forum. Meetups do happen here, but that is not exclusively ADISC's focus.

What do you mean by unimpeded communication? Do you mean the very simple, sane rules that govern meetups here?

You have not really stated specifically what we can learn from Fetlife, or what we seem to lack to you. Perhaps the fact we are not exclusively a meetup site and said rules made with members safety in mind you find "impeding."

With Fetlife the quality of your experience will vary a lot depending on where you live. The site was fairly useful to me when I was in Toronto as the city has an active littles scene and regular munches. But living in the Maritimes? Most of the people from 'round here that I've meet on Fetlife are not folks I want to be around.

Ultimately I am not sure how much we can learn from Fetlife since we don't have the same goals as them. We specifically don't want to be a meet-up site.

Real talk, bros, I feel you :-)
    I'm trying to discover the community's stance regarding their experiences on Fetlife or any other ABDL perosnal site.
    Through my research, the community can discern viable outlets through which members can be active in their respective cities.

And @ geno, I simply stated "Fetlife provides unimpeded communication..." If you read carefully you'll notice I'm not making a comparison of communication on these sites. :-) Sorry for your misunderstanding.

~Woof

I'm not a big fan of fetlife. I ended up joining on order to keep in touch with some people that I met at a kinky party, but truthfully, I'd rather not be a member there.

FetLife is a social network and ADSIC is a forum, they are very different things and I don't think you can really argue that one is better than the other.

I fail to see why its necessary to compare a support forum with a fetish meet up site as they both have their uses but as you imply Fetlife is greater than ADISC, I feel you need some explanation of what people get out of this forum opposed to other sites.

I personally have no need to meet others in real life so any lack in that department here makes no difference to me and I'm sure it helps keep the creeps away as well as change the communication to a more civilised level.

I really would be dissuaded from staying here if it was full of 'crotch shots', 'I pooped myself' stories or sexual descriptions in any detail because its easy to find these things on the internet and the lack of this content makes the tone of the forum a lot more relaxed.

From another post but I think its relevent.

Quote Originally Posted by WoofWoof View Post
    This forum has a zillion rules
    I can hear you thinking 'this guys a prude' but consider a different viewpoint, I've been on a lot of sites that allow 'unimpeded communication' in the forums. I've been an admin of game related forums/servers and the amount of drama, anger, rage quits, dick waving, tantrums and overall unpleasantness has always amazed me.

You only have to read some of the pathetic posts found on youtube videos to understand why moderation is a necessary thing for any site that intends to meet any civilised meaning or debate.

Do I think Fetlife > ADISC ?
    I'm damned thankful to the whole admin team for making this forum a pleasant site to be a member on.

I've successfully been to a few "Littles/Ageplay" munches due to Fetlife. I've got to go again, but the main thing keeping me from going on a regular basis is the lack of a vehicle.

I am oh-so willing to help pay for gas money!

Fetlife excels at one thing - Open exploration. If you're not in the mood to see 97 crotch shots and 13 not-so clothed shots, I'd avoid the place.

Adisc provides a more modest approach. No below the belts, and a more regulated discussion area.

So, Fetlife>Adisc? No. Not at all in my opinion. Generally, one can discuss informative things on adisc, versus sites such as Fetlife, which are centered towards one thing - Exploiting one's fetishes. (Imagine that.)