Thread: Any of you use snappi fasteners

Default Any of you use snappi fasteners

What do you think of them ? do you like them better than pins ? How many do you use per diaper? on babykins web site they say you can use one on each side.

I would recommend looking into Boingos instead of Snappis. Snappis are really meant to be used one-per-diaper, and are at the same time too small to be used that way by most adults. Using two is an act of desperation, and is cumbersome. Boingos, on the other hand, are designed to be used in pairs, just like pins.

Finally, I would also suggest you avoid the Babykins flannel prefolds, in case you were considering them. Babykins makes ok pull-ons, but flannel is a lousy diaper fabric, and, in my experience, is also quite a bit more difficult to use with Snappis or Boingos due to the tightness of the weave. Its only virtues are its cheapness and availability in prints. I would suggest you consider cloth diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com, Baby Pants, Changing Times, or Rearz (Canada) instead.

Sorry for lack of links -- replying by phone.

I use two at a time. One at the top and the other (oddly enough) at the bottom. They both span the space between the two sides of the diaper. I really like them. However, the one at the bottom tends to get really stretched and depending on the space may need to be replaced more often. They have lasted at least a few months before the hole where the connector goes into the stretchy part gets too big and the connector starts to fall out. I used to use pins and these are so much better. Make sure you get the toddler size.

i've taken to using basic mini-bungees,
    Attachment 17385

pros: availability, cost, flexibility (in use and of use) and strength (for adults).
    the only con is that they're not cute or babyish, but i'm not into all that, really.

I use snappis.. Sometimes one, sometimes two... when I use two it is not one per side. I use both of them across the middle, one up high and one a little lower...

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    i've taken to using basic mini-bungees,
    Attachment 17385

pros: availability, cost, flexibility (in use and of use) and strength (for adults).
    the only con is that they're not cute or babyish, but i'm not into all that, really.
    Doesn't that rip up your cloth?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    Doesn't that rip up your cloth?
    nope (terry towelling ).
    it does no more damage than a nappy pin would; less actually (that's not forgetting that i sharpen the ends of the hooks to points, but they work fine without that).

I tried the toddler size snappy. It fit me when stretched to it's limit on a thick cotton prefold and 32 inch waist.
    I like them. They fit securely and still give a sufficient stretch.