Thread: Tena Ultimate Briefs: small vs medium.

Question Tena Ultimate Briefs: small vs medium.

I wear diapers 24/7, unless I know I'll be close to a washroom throughout the day. Up until recently I've worn Goodnites, I loved that they were invisible unless really wet and expanded, they have a great low waist line to them, and are almost noiseless. However, I've had issues with them leaking and also the sides tearing once in while when doing things like jogging or mountain biking (plus I work daily in a physical type of field) so I've upgraded to the Tena Ultimate Brief, what a great product, I should have done this sooner. These are the ones in case there is some confusion: TENAŽ Protective Underwear Ultimate Extra Absorbency - TENA At the moment I'm wearing smalls and every part of them fits really well except that the leg holes are a little too tight. I have pretty decent leg muscles and am a 32-33" waist. I'm concerned that the mediums might be too baggy everywhere else, has anyone tried these in a small and medium, do they keep the padding the same size and just use more fabric around the waist and legs or is the whole diaper larger? The small says it fits 26-33" and the medium fits 31-43" so I'm sort of in the middle area. I definitely don't want leaks either and am worried that the larger size might be too loose.

Thanks guys

physical activity and sweating are both really hard on diapers. so is a lot of sit down / stand up cycles. Consider wearing underwear (boxers work best) or something else (onesie that looks like a tank top tshirt elsewise) to protect the diaper. It will prevent the crotch of your pants wearing through the diaper when you move. A onesie or briefs can help hold a diaper in place if you break or pop a tape.

Thanks for the tips. I do wear a loose boxer over them, it helps make them a little less noisy and with the Tenas having a taller waistband, it hides that more or less as well. I never thought about the wear issue though, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ScientificArtist View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I do wear a loose boxer over them, it helps make them a little less noisy and with the Tenas having a taller waistband, it hides that more or less as well. I never thought about the wear issue though, good point.
    Yeah, it's very annoying to be walking around and notice chunks of white stuff on the ground... what's that? pick up.. what is... oh.. that's diaper sap! uh oh!

So I picked up some tena pull ups in the medium size and they are much more comfortable, no longer are my inner legs feeling like they're being attacked by a boa constrictor. But, they are larger, a little more baggy in the seat, and have a higher waist. They also leak easier than the small size on a second wetting, leaving me with the dreaded occasional inner thigh dribble. Comfort and effectiveness seem to be an elusive combination. Is the fact that they are pull ups the root of the issue as some suggest? Would it would be worth trying the tena ultimate briefs with the Velcro tabs instead? I can't always pee gradually and as such having the ability to handle a 1 or 2 floods is a big selling point for me.

I can vouche for Tena Ultra with velcro. They can be opened easely and reclosed a few time without breaking the fabric.

The fit and absorbancy is also great.

I'm 32 in waist with very muscular legs, so you can compare. They fit me very well.

Thanks Bob for the Tena testimony, I'll pick up a pack and try them next.

If you need a better night time protection, the Tena Super are pretty good too.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Usually I do pretty good at nighttime. It's the daytime that gets me.