Thread: Newbie here

Smile Newbie here

Hi there, I'm purlgirl - adult baby and knitting addict. I'm very nervous about making my first post here, so please be kind!

I started off as a 'little' rather than an adult baby, but I feel like the age that I play as has gradually got younger. I recently ordered my first nappies and that's when I decided it would be nice to reach out and get some support. This side of things is all very new to me.

As my adult self, as well as being a keen knitter (hence the name) I also enjoy reading, going to the cinema and walking. I live near a big common and find it very relaxing to get outdoors. My work is a part time job in a book shop.

I'm excited to be here and looking forward to getting to know everyone

Hi there,

I am new to this also and only joined this morning. so it is nice to have another "newbie" here to chat with and especially you being female.

I too enjoy the outdoors with living in a semi rural location in New Zealand.

I understand totally your initial hesitation to join and post your first thread..it wasn't easy for me either and not knowing what to expect or if anyone would even
    care or be interested. So time will tell i guess.

Feel free to discuss your interests and i would be happy to do the same

Look forward to chatting
    Dave

Thanks Daves4000, I've been on tenterhooks a little bit while waiting for my first reply. I'm glad someone did reply!

It's nice to hear you enjoy nature too. It's good to get out and I find it de-stresses me. I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's good that I'm female though? I found that a bit confusing.

Well done for also making that first step of posting. I know for me, joining here is a real leap of faith and I'm sure it's the same for others.

Quote Originally Posted by purlgirl View Post
    Hi there, I'm purlgirl - adult baby and knitting addict. I'm very nervous about making my first post here, so please be kind!
    Hi purlgirl, welcome to ADISC! Your screen name is fantastic. What kinds of projects do you like to knit?

I learned to knit when I was a child. A couple of years ago, I made a scarf for my partner as a Christmas present. Then I tried to make a hat (for myself). It turned out a lot smaller than I expected it to be, and it made me look like some kind of a gangster when I put it on. Getting knitting to be the right size is tricky!

Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    Hi purlgirl, welcome to ADISC! Your screen name is fantastic. What kinds of projects do you like to knit?
    Why, thank you! I like to knit baby clothes mostly (for real babies!) as I'm at that age where all my friends are having kids. It also means the projects are small enough that I can finish them before I get bored of them - I have a short attention span!

Getting knitting to be the right size is tricky!
    This made me chuckle, partly due to the image of a gangster in a tiny knitted hat, but also because I have the opposite problem - all the things I knit come out bigger than planned. That's another reason knitting for kids is good, they'll always grow into it

Quote Originally Posted by purlgirl View Post
    Why, thank you! I like to knit baby clothes mostly (for real babies!) as I'm at that age where all my friends are having kids. It also means the projects are small enough that I can finish them before I get bored of them - I have a short attention span!
    Making baby clothes may not take as much time as making clothes for older people, but it still sounds challenging. I'd imagine you have to do a lot of increases and decreases to get small pieces to be the right shape.

Clothes that are too big are always better than clothes that are too small!

I'd imagine you have to do a lot of increases and decreases to get small pieces to be the right shape.
    Oh, yup, all that shaping keeps a project interesting! I love the challenge of taking what is essentially a piece of string and transforming it into a 3D object. I like to joke with my 'daddy' that I'm a 'yarn engineer'

Clothes that are too big are always better than clothes that are too small!
    Have to agree with you there! As an AB I like clothes that are big so I can feel smaller, too

Hi again,

Nice to get your reply, often when you post something or make a reply nobody ever bothers to follow up etc.

What i meant with my comment re you being female was that it is rare to have females posting anything on forums like this, it is nearly always majority male who don't seem to want to chat. So it is refreshing to have you here and that you are willing to chat.

So how long have you had your adult baby fetish ? is it something you have always thought about or felt something about, or is it just a recent revelation so to speak.

For me, my interests have been with me for many years...in fact from about the age of around 14 but it is only in recent years that i have discovered more about it all and realized i am not alone.

Hello, I'm a mommy from Fort Wayne Indiana. I used the net myself, but I never could get the hang of the more advanced techniques. So glad you joined the forum, welcome. I hope you enjoy yourself out here and message back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVES4000 View Post
    So how long have you had your adult baby fetish ? is it something you have always thought about or felt something about, or is it just a recent revelation so to speak.
    I'm a long time little, recent AB and even more recent DL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamommy View Post
    Hello, I'm a mommy from Fort Wayne Indiana. I used the net myself, but I never could get the hang of the more advanced techniques. So glad you joined the forum, welcome. I hope you enjoy yourself out here and message back soon.
    Nice to 'meet' you, and thanks for replying to my introduction