Thread: I guess this would qualify as a wearing a diaper out in public post.

Default I guess this would qualify as a wearing a diaper out in public post.

First, I finally signed up join the ADISC site about a week ago. I have known about this place for all of the diaper wearing community to visit for a few years now, so I decided to make it official and join in on some of the discussion.

It seems that just about every topic has been addressed at one time or another on this website; so, asking my question or posting what I am posting for feedback may be pointless or even redundant because many of the numerous responses that have already been given.

In about a week, I will be attending a session with my therapist about my ab state of mind. She has asked me to consider undergoing a procedure known as EMDR, which is a kind of very mild hypnosis that is crossed with something akin to the Rorschach Test without all the finger paint or pictures. I sent her a text, stating that I had a little concern that while undergoing this procedure to understand my ab side that I might actually have a physical reaction (a polite way of saying I might have an accident) as a deeper sense of my ab side might surface. In short, I fear that I could do a peepie or poopie on myself.

She called me and we spoke about this today, and I told her that I was a little concerned about this. To add to my tale is that I am also a M to F transgendered person. I finally got up the nerve to attend my sessions with this therapist dressed en femme to deal with this aspect of my personality as well. I am thinking to attend my session in which I will undergo the EMDR while wearing a diaper (cloth diaper) just in case something should happen. But, I have to admit that a part of me feels that I may be taking advantage of the situation too. To some degree I feel as if I am rebelling, demanding some kind of acceptance from the outside world, but doing so through a person who is trying to help me (my therapist) may be something I should consider too.

There is not really a question in this post, but I would not mind some feedback from any who wishes to comment.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansybabi View Post
    First, I finally signed up join the ADISC site about a week ago. I have known about this place for all of the diaper wearing community to visit for a few years now, so I decided to make it official and join in on some of the discussion.

It seems that just about every topic has been addressed at one time or another on this website; so, asking my question or posting what I am posting for feedback may be pointless or even redundant because many of the numerous responses that have already been given.

In about a week, I will be attending a session with my therapist about my ab state of mind. She has asked me to consider undergoing a procedure known as EMDR, which is a kind of very mild hypnosis that is crossed with something akin to the Rorschach Test without all the finger paint or pictures. I sent her a text, stating that I had a little concern that while undergoing this procedure to understand my ab side that I might actually have a physical reaction (a polite way of saying I might have an accident) as a deeper sense of my ab side might surface. In short, I fear that I could do a peepie or poopie on myself.

She called me and we spoke about this today, and I told her that I was a little concerned about this. To add to my tale is that I am also a M to F transgendered person. I finally got up the nerve to attend my sessions with this therapist dressed en femme to deal with this aspect of my personality as well. I am thinking to attend my session in which I will undergo the EMDR while wearing a diaper (cloth diaper) just in case something should happen. But, I have to admit that a part of me feels that I may be taking advantage of the situation too. To some degree I feel as if I am rebelling, demanding some kind of acceptance from the outside world, but doing so through a person who is trying to help me (my therapist) may be something I should consider too.

There is not really a question in this post, but I would not mind some feedback from any who wishes to comment.

Thank you.
    I'm sorry you've had to wait this long for a reply. I think I would ask your therapist if you should wear a diaper since it sounds like you have a good rapport. If the hypnosis is successful, I would think it is possible that you might use your diaper, or pants if not diapered. I have no experience in this, so it's only a guess on my part. I do know that I've wet in my sleep on a couple of occasions, while diapered, and I'm not incontinent. I simply wanted to do it and I suspect that the power of suggestion as well as not using the bathroom before I went to sleep, contributed.

Normally, a new member should make an introduction thread, which may be why no one responded to you, but your question seemed genuine to me, and we are first and foremost, a support group. I hope I helped.

You need to be really honest with yourself here (and this might sound accusatory, but I don't intend it that way at all): Why are you attending therapy?

If you really do seek to explore this facet of your personality to better understand yourself and take a step towards self-actualization, then you should wear the diaper and understand that wearing it to your appointment will not be driven by selfish desires. However, if you are wearing the diaper in order to enable yourself to be able to soil in the company of your therapist, maybe you should reconsider the decision, because in that case the fetishization of the diaper may ultimately get in the way of achieving self-actualization through therapy.

I'm only mentioning this because you brought up the concept of "taking advantage" of the situation and this is how I interpreted that information (that you believe you might be trying to wear the diaper to the meeting in order to fulfill a fantasy or something). If this is true, then consider using "protection" besides a form of diaper you may have fetishized. For me, that would mean a booster pad or something similar. That would keep me from leaking, but not activate the fetish aspect of being ABDL as it applies to me. I noticed you specified that you use a cloth diaper; maybe a non-cloth diaper would work? Just something that will fulfill the role of a diaper functionally, but not as a fetish object.

If I'm misinterpreting this entirely, I am very sorry, but I believe this is good advice if you're talking about what I think you're talking about!

Hi dogboy,

Thank you for replying. I do apologize for not making a more proper introduction by creating a separate thread to say hello to everyone. I guess I just jumped in and put the cart before the horse. I hope it is not too late to create one and say hello to everyone. I guess I can go back and start anew.

I also thank you for your input. I told my therapist that I might show up in a diaper albeit discreetly as not to make her feel uncomfortable. She did tell me that she has witnessed a few intense reactions in the EMDR sessions that she has held with other patients. She has noted dizziness or vertigo in some. Some have even experienced nausea. There has not been anything life threatening or overly severe. I feel that I make a valid point in wearing my diaper to this particular session because I know not what emotions could arise from the session. I do not believe that I will descend into the fetal position and become fully transformed into a baby--on an emotional level--but I want to be open to the possibility that I could experience some infantile reactions. Being somewhat prepared might be a god idea.

Also, I have thought about the idea of being out in public. I have been out in public in a diaper before; although, the diaper was well hidden under jeans and a very long T-Shirt. I admit that the fantasy to be out in a diaper with baby clothes on but concealing any diaper I would wear has had an allure to me that has been hard to resist. However, I have taken heed to much discussion on this website and on others about the negative consequences of going out fully dressed in baby attire. The backlash would be more harsh than any spanking I could ever get.

I think maybe that I am using this forum as a sounding-board to voice, truthfully, to myself and to others my motives for going to my therapist wearing a diaper. The truth is that part of me wants others to see me as I feel that I am and accept that as well as going in order to be prepared for any reaction that I could have. I just want to be honest and truthful, all guise eliminated from my motives. I hope this makes some sense.

Thank you for replying.

Pansybabi
    Last edited by Pansybabi; 13-Jun-2013 at 15:36. Reason: Too many grammatical errors.

kakapo

Hi Pansybaby,
    I am new here. My name is Kakapo and i would like to be friends. Would you be able to add me to your contact list or tell me, how I could add you. I am incontinent and am looking at making friends here. Thank you for listening. I hope to hear back from you soon
    [removed]
    Last edited by Nihlus; 13-Jun-2013 at 18:53. Reason: Removed email address

Hi Rigby,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I do not judge your response to be accusatory. It seems honest and sincere. That is what I want, so thank you.

My therapist has been so very honest and open about my transgender issues in addition to my ab side. I have also been honest about them with her. I have held nothing back. When I breached the subject of my diaper wearing, she asked if I use them for their intended purpose. She asked how I behave when I am dressed in my baby clothes. I told her that I feel calm and babyish. The whole purpose for attending these sessions with her have been to explore why I wear diapers. At first, she said that as long as I am not hurting anyone, then who really cares. On other visitations, she may have sensed something in our discussions about my early childhood that could have contributed to why I wear diapers and baby clothes. This is why she suggested the EMDR session that I will undergo next week.

The truth is that part of me wants to be out in public while in a diaper but in a safe place (my therapist's office); but I am also being truthful about wanting to be prepared just in case I have a reaction via the EMDR. I swear that I have no desire to urinate or to defecate in front of my therapist, but on this particular session I do feel a little nervous; the idea of wearing the diaper there feels calming. Just thinking about it now is calming. Still, there is that part of me that wants her to know how much of this is a part of me without putting her in any kind of uncomfortable position. Quickly, I once wore a diaper to a session with her about several months ago, but I was wearing male clothes and not female clothes. It was fully covered, and she had no idea that I was wearing it. Since then, I have all together abandoned attending sessions with her in male clothes. I believe that I could "get away" with wearing a diaper in a skirt much easier--I mean much easier in terms of concealment and comfort.

Truthfully, I can say that I have no desire to wear the diaper for the purposes of using it in front of my therapist or to display any form of infantile behavior to draw her in to become my mommy figure. Conversely, there is that ounce (maybe more of a deluge) of excitement of being out in public in a diaper that has me questioning the whole purpose of going to this particular session in my diaper.

I think that I will send her a text and just ask more directly, so there is no confusion. Sometimes it is hard to be a purist...even to myself.

Thank you for your input and time. It has truly helped.

Pansybabi

Thank you for replying.

Pansybabi