Thread: does anyone have experience with using a buggy?

Question does anyone have experience with using a buggy?

I am interested in hearing experiences with buggies / strollers . I am fascinating with buggies. I would love to hear how you feel when you are in it. Do you enjoy it? How do you deal with other people in the street who see you? Do you use a baby stroller or a special adult size stroller (usually for people with a handicap?) I have an electrical wheelchair myself and cannot sit in a buggy. So I fantasize about it and you sharing your story is feed for my fantasy.

You might want to read through this very recent thread to see how some people here feel about strollers, if you haven't already: http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...pushchair.html

With me, strollers are collectables as well as what I have desired to use for many years as an AB. I have about 25 of them right now from large hard body English prams to smaller umbrella strollers. I enjoy getting in them and just relaxing. Still have vague memories of my mom pushing me in one as a pre-schooler.

~Pramrider

Quote Originally Posted by Pramrider View Post
    You might want to read through this very recent thread to see how some people here feel about strollers, if you haven't already: http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...pushchair.html

With me, strollers are collectables as well as what I have desired to use for many years as an AB. I have about 25 of them right now from large hard body English prams to smaller umbrella strollers. I enjoy getting in them and just relaxing. Still have vague memories of my mom pushing me in one as a pre-schooler.

~Pramrider
    Pramrider you have got to show us your strollers. You got me all a tingle.

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    Pramrider you have got to show us your strollers. You got me all a tingle.
    Guess I'm being a big tease. I have some photo files somewhere around here...just have to find them. If not, I will be sure to take some new pics.

~Pramrider

Guess I'm being a big tease. I have some photo files somewhere around here...just have to find them. If not, I will be sure to take some new pics.

~Pramrider
    Yeah!

Come there old man...some pics!

Seriously I was called an old man today, and I'm only 41...and your apparently older so tag your it!

Anyhow, I know how it is, I don't take photos much, I was asked for a pic of my house today at the music shop, and I have over a thousand photos on my iPhone...most from the kid, but couldn't find one decent photo with even the full house in the photo...so I used google maps sat view to show them...lame huh?

B

P.s. you are really it, you need to pass on that ol man to someone in at least the 40 plus crowd...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and op...

Yes I have a convaid cx-18...it's nice and comfy...

But, I am somewhat a cripple as well...I use a wheelchair to shop these days...and get the good parking as well...

So, yes I've been out in it many times...even down the bike trails...paths, parks and even the mall...I cand do the mall and even think of getting out of bed for at least two days...if I even make it...

But, I do like the stroller way better than the wheelchair...the stroller is reclined a bit...and the stroller just cuddles you...once securely in the stroller you just relax and feel cared for...it's weird that way...

I'm cared for the same way in a wheelchair, but the stroller just sorta hugs you and it feels comforting...

That my two cents...
    B

Smile

~Pramrider
    Thank you for this link! I enjoyed reading it.
    And I would love to see pictures of your collection strollers and prams. Is there a way to put pictures on this forum? Or maybe you can email them to me?? I dream of having a big house with a big garden en many strollers / buggies. And then I invite adult babies to my house and they can all sit in the strollers to ride in my garden. That would be wonderful

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Bigbabybret;1064996]Yeah!

Come there old man...some pics!

Seriously I was called an old man today, and I'm only 41...and your apparently older so tag your it!

Anyhow, I know how it is, I don't take photos much, I was asked for a pic of my house today at the music shop, and I have over a thousand photos on my iPhone...most from the kid, but couldn't find one decent photo with even the full house in the photo...so I used google maps sat view to show them...lame huh?

B

P.s. you are really it, you need to pass on that ol man to someone in at least the 40 plus crowd...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and op...

Yes I have a convaid cx-18...it's nice and comfy...

But, I am somewhat a cripple as well...I use a wheelchair to shop these days...and get the good parking as well...

So, yes I've been out in it many times...even down the bike trails...paths, parks and even the mall...I cand do the mall and even think of getting out of bed for at least two days...if I even make it...

But, I do like the stroller way better than the wheelchair...the stroller is reclined a bit...and the stroller just cuddles you...once securely in the stroller you just relax and feel cared for...it's weird that way...

I'm cared for the same way in a wheelchair, but the stroller just sorta hugs you and it feels comforting...

I love to read the sentence but the stroller just sorta hugs you and it feels comforting..I experience it like that as well: that a stroller hugs you. It really gives words to describe my feelings with a stroller. I recognise that difference between a wheelchair and a stroller. I use a wheelchair mostly because it has more positioning options