Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oldest

31 27.93%
  • Youngest

30 27.03%
  • Middle child (but a older one)

7 6.31%
  • Middle child (but a younger one out of them)

6 5.41%
  • Middle child (dead on center that is)

10 9.01%
  • Adopted, a foster child, etc but with siblings and I'm oldest

1 0.90%
  • Adopted, a foster child, etc but with siblings and I'm youngest

0 0%
  • Adopted, a foster child, etc but with siblings and I'm in the middle (but older middle)

0 0%
  • Adopted, a foster child, etc but with siblings and I'm in the middle (but younger middle)

0 0%
  • Only child in general

26 23.42%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, sibling wise are you the oldest, youngest, in the middle, or an only child?

Default So, sibling wise are you the oldest, youngest, in the middle, or an only child?

Just curious. I saw this a while back and thought it was interesting:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ers-etc-4.html

Youngest: 52
    Oldest: 49
    Middle: 23
    Other: 3

No one seemed to ask if there was some only single child families out here though so, I'm doing it now.

I guess this is from me wanting to continue my old thread as well because I find this subject interesting:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...b-dl-both.html

I'm still the oldest out of my brothers. I guess.

So, looking at the last poll. Why do you guys/gals think the youngest and oldest siblings of a family are more into this than the middle ones or ones who are adopted/ect and so on?

I have a half brother who is almost 12 years older than me. Because of the large age difference, it's not like we competed for our parents' attention or anything. He moved out when I was about 7, so I was an only child after that.

I'm the oldest of three in our 70's. Me 73,sister 71, brother 70.

I'm the youngest in my family with an older sister who is almost ten years older than me.

I'm the youngest in my family, I have an older sister who is about 3 1/2 years older than I am.

-Ron

I'm the oldest in my family with two younger sisters. One a couple years younger, and the other is nearly twenty years younger than I am.

Youngest here! Seems like the original results were really about even. Not as many people have families with 3+ children so there are naturally fewer middles. Everyone's representing.

I'm adopted,and I am older than my adopted sister and older than my half brother

I'm technically the youngest but I grew up in a house with a younger cousin, so she managed to usurp my throne by two and a half years!

Yes, if you Google the US census information, for instance, you'll see that the average number of children per household with children is less than two; middle children were popular in the 1950's, but are out of style now. In fact, if you click the link to the old poll given above, you'll see my previous reply to this exact same question right at the top of the page -- d'oh!

Anyway, I'm the oldest of two.