Thread: Which Pampers diaper (excluding Underjams) is best for nighttime wear?

Default Which Pampers diaper (excluding Underjams) is best for nighttime wear?

Hi guys, I'm trying to get down to a 24" waist (I'm 4 feet, 11 and a half inches tall) and when I do, I plan to use Pampers Easy-Ups (size 4T-5T) during the day (I sometimes have trouble holding urine long enough to get to a toilet when nature calls), but would rather use a Pampers DIAPER at night. I was wondering, which diaper is best for nighttime use? I am NOT considering UnderJams, as they are designed for older bedwetters, and I'd rather feel like a baby/toddler.

I'm thinking either Baby Dry size 6, Extra Protection size 5, or Extra Protection size 6 (Extra Protection 5 is apparently 25% more absorbent than Baby Dry 5 but the result is not the same for a similar comparison of Extra Protection 6 to Baby Dry 6). Which is better? Does Extra Protection 5 absorb as much as, or more than, Extra Protection and Baby Dry 6? Would Extra Protection 5 "fit" a 24in waist? Thanks in advance for your help, guys!
    Last edited by memorychick; 11-Jun-2013 at 00:46. Reason: Forgot a point I needed to make

Quote Originally Posted by memorychick View Post
    I'm thinking either Baby Dry size 6, Extra Protection size 5, or Extra Protection size 6 (Extra Protection 5 is apparently 25% more absorbent than Baby Dry 5 but the result is not the same for a similar comparison of Extra Protection 6 to Baby Dry 6). Which is better? Does Extra Protection 5 absorb as much as, or more than, Extra Protection and Baby Dry 6? Would Extra Protection 5 "fit" a 24in waist? Thanks in advance for your help, guys!
    Well, I haven't measured, but my own experience suggests that Extra Protection 6 is a good deal more absorbent than Baby Dry 6, although no less likely to leak when flooded. As far as I can tell, Extra Protection is just Baby Dry but with more SAP. It's no thicker, but you can really feel the extra SAP grains through the cover of the diaper. The only downer with Extra Protection 6 is that it's hard to find, at least in my area. The only place I've found that carries it is Target, and they only carry it by the box.

My advice would be:

• Avoid size 5. Even at 4'11" with a 24" waist, you're larger than the target audience for size 5 baby diapers. Get the largest size and be as comfortable as you can be.
    • Try a size 6 in Baby Dry before going out of your way to buy Extra Protection 6. Baby Dry 6 is everywhere, and the fit is identical. That way you'll know what to expect, and if you don't like it, you won't have wasted $40-50 on a box.

Good luck!

Hi guys, I'm trying to get down to a 24" waist (I'm 4 feet, 11 and a half inches tall) and when I do, I plan to use Pampers Easy-Ups (size 4T-5T) during the day (I sometimes have trouble holding urine long enough to get to a toilet when nature calls), but would rather use a Pampers DIAPER at night. I was wondering, which diaper is best for nighttime use? I am NOT considering UnderJams, as they are designed for older bedwetters, and I'd rather feel like a baby/toddler.

One brand I find to be equally if not better than Pampers, is the Fisher Price brand diapers. I believe they are cuter and functions very well. They are cheaper but swell nicely. They have cases that have both daytime and nighttime diapers in a size 6 so I believe that they will suit your little side better. I love them :-)

Here's a link to them... http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;...47?type=search

You can find smaller packs at Amazon, or other places as well, Google it up and you should find them rather easily.

My local Walmart sells Extra Protection, so I hope to give those a try soon

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    One brand I find to be equally if not better than Pampers, is the Fisher Price brand diapers. I believe they are cuter and functions very well.
    I bought some of these three or four years ago and really liked the prints, but the waist wasn't quite stretchy enough for me to wear. Have they gotten stretchier recently, perhaps? Might be worth another look. I was at Babies 'R' Us a few weeks ago and noticed they were still carrying them...

My local Walmart sells Extra Protection, so I hope to give those a try soon
    Hopefully by the bag. If not, I'd still suggest trying Baby Dry first to save yourself a bit of dough if they don't pan out.

I have never seen size 6 extra protection in a bag. I occasionally wear EP size 6 overnight, and I haven't had any trouble with them. I bought a box of I think 48 at Walmart for $25. Smaller Walmart stores typically don't carry them. I am 29-30" waist. Baby dry work well. The only issue I have with Baby Dry and EP are that the "landing strip" where the tapes go likes to peel off the cover and curl up a little bit when wearing for longer periods (overnight). If you ever have any more questions when regarding baby diapers, I use baby diapers pretty much exclusively - and have experience with most brands and their offerings.

The Super Packs of EP 6 and Baby Dry 6 sold at Walmart both have 58 diapers. EP only seems to come in a Super Pack and they are the same price as the Baby Dry.
    Last edited by memorychick; 11-Jun-2013 at 11:56. Reason: Double-checked Walmart's site