Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stress

Post Stress

This may be long.
    Don't know why I feel the need to post this, but...

I was never really on the 'bandwagon' for wanting to be incontinent, and except for the first few weeks after finding ADISC, I've not been 'participating' with wetting, and I've never purposely been out diapered in public, in fact, I still sometimes don't buy diapers, for irrational fears.
    Keeping that in mind -

I wet the bed the other night, I think it was a combination of stresses over the last few weeks- and trust me, it's been stressful- and I don't want a response from someone saying
    [QUOTE ="SomeIdiot"]
    Good job! Wish I could wet the bed
    [/QUOTE]
    Because that's not what this is about, it's about how we, and how I, handle stress.

Now, don't worry, the wetting was a once off, and didn't stain my mattress, and I am much less stressed now

Most AB's will say they handle stress by regressing, but in real life, I can't imagine anyone stone hearted, and then going to the bathroom and sucking their thumb, as apposed to dealing with stress in a more natural (read, common) way.

I was shocked when I wet and consulted with my physician, who diagnosed breathing exercises, unless, he said, this happens again, it didn't.

I want to know how everyone here handles stress out there in the big bad world, without the comfort of your diapers, (please don't comment saying that you are incon' or 24/7, because that's not what I meant by the rhetoric), and when things are tough.

If I have the money I go flying. I guess when I'm flying I'm too busy to be stressed. I also go to the cigar shop and smoke my pipe for a while with the other regulars. Stimulating conversation always calms me down. Driving on an open road helps a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHayleeRaven
    I was never really on the 'bandwagon' for wanting to be incontinent, and except for the first few weeks after finding ADISC, I've not been 'participating' with wetting, and I've never purposely been out diapered in public, in fact, I still sometimes don't buy diapers, for irrational fears.
    Keeping that in mind -

I wet the bed the other night, I think it was a combination of stresses over the last few weeks- and trust me, it's been stressful- and I don't want a response from someone saying

Quote Originally Posted by SomeIdiot
    Good job! Wish I could wet the bed
    Because that's not what this is about, it's about how we, and how I, handle stress.
    That's quite alright. Not every AB/DL I've seen here likes to wet, or needs to frankly. More so we frown on those that seek incontinence and we don't like seeing others ask how to wet the bed. It's not a good habit, no matter how deep in the lifestyle one might be. Most indeed! Let's get to your issue.

I want to know how everyone here handles stress out there in the big bad world, without the comfort of your diapers, (please don't comment saying that you are incon' or 24/7, because that's not what I meant by the rhetoric), and when things are tough.
    I actually have higher than normal anxiety at some points. It's worse during college and I always have this reoccurring dream where I'm behind on work or don't realize I had a giant project to do until I step into class the next day. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the scenario always involves my car breaking down to. It's insult to injury!

I often turn to mediation. Being a spiritualist and Pagan, I find this rather centering. I also sometimes do breathing exercises during moments where it becomes annoying. Granted I power through, but it's irritating.

It takes a lot of self-understanding and what your triggers are, and learning to recognize them and deal with them. Very recently I've taken the time to recognize such stress triggers, which has helped greatly. Physical exercise and nature walks also help me.

Personally, I do not use my AB/DLism as a coping mechanism.

I would take the time to understand those stress triggers so you can tackle them head on, rather then drown in them. Exercise and other methods that relax you can help. I also have my "comfort games & T.V" which put me in a good mood before bed.
    Last edited by Geno; 12-Jun-2013 at 02:39.

I prefer to play video games. My favorite is call of duty and racing games. Whenever I'm playing all the stress goes away and I don't think about much. It kinda puts me in a zone.

I know what you mean. Regression doesn't help me desk with stress - in fact, stress makes it impossible for me to regress! And going incontinent would not help, I'm sure.

Usually, I attack what's stressing me and deal with as much as I can. If it's work, I get something done. If it's a personal relationship, I talk it out and try to resolve it. This is really the best way to deal with stress. If it's something I can't do much about, I take a walk, spend time with friends, or read something interesting (online or in a book). Maybe some of those appeal to you?

To be honest diapers do help me relax but they are definately not my go to thing, usually I read or watch a documentary. If I feel like it I play minecraft and get completely lost building something for a while. I also find driving helps me get over stress and I drive a fair about an to get to and from work so that really helps, especially if I have a podcast to listen to.

Like others, if I'm under a lot of stress, I don't feel like wearing diapers. Wearing makes me happy and relaxed, and I associate it more with good times than bad. To deal with stress, I go out walking, or bike riding. I'll play computer games, or write. Writing is a great catharsis for me, and I can either vent, or revisit past events in my life that might be contributing to some stress.

I came close to unintentionally wetting myself on several occasions years ago when I was dealing with immense stress. At the time, I had been experiencing symptoms of depression, and I left them untreated for a long period of time. Things only got worse, and I ended up developing anxiety as well. As a result, I finally broke down and sought treatment for my depression. The recovery process took some time, but things are under control now thanks to medication.

Granted, I am not assuming you have depression, TheHayleeRaven; I am simply sharing my experiences during the most stressful period of my life.

I do find myself in stressful situations every now and then nowadays, and I typically go to the gym an exercise to deal with it (I have found that working out does wonders for me when it comes to killing stress). Furthermore, diapers play no role in reducing stress for me, as I simply enjoy wearing them (I am a strict DL and diaperfur). I have also found that distracting myself with video games, books, magazines, newspapers, movies, music, etc. also helps when it comes to reducing stress.

i'm much like Adventurer, in the pragmatic side of things, and then like Dogboy in for what sensual/emotional 'benefit' i get from diapers.
    currently, i'm stressed out about things stemming from my shoulders, but not the injuries themselves. i can deal with the injuries, it's the stuff that's beyond my control that's stressful: the welfare arsewipes, the legal situation with my claim, etc. i just want to be left alone to heal at my own pace.

and even though i don't particularly feel like wearing, at the moment, i have forced myself in recent days in order to make the best of the sunshine, for self-pics.
    seems a pity and a waste, though, that i'm not really in a sunny mood while it's sunny outside.

skyfoxpup

Like most who have posted I don't wear in bad moods. I work stress out with a ax or pen