Thread: bambino sizing

Default bambino sizing

I have a quick question for those who know. I wear 38" pants, wear large size Depends, Large ATN's and Large Tenas. I'm ordering Bambino Teddies. I think I should order a large, but the waist size listed on their website is larger than what I am. It seems like the sizing on the packages are always larger than the diapers really are. So what size do you recommend?

That is the same problem that I have. I have a 42" waist and the medium won't fit good enough and the large is way too big. That is the reason that I don't order them. I would never get the right size.

I have a 36" pant size and although I have never worn a Teddy, I did wear a Bianco and it was a good fit. Since the large starts at 44", you might fit in a M. I see they have a sample combo pack of 1 M and 1 L. Although expensive, you could try that for starters.

Thank you very much. I think I need to hear some more from others if they would offer their advice.

I am unable to wear a Large in Bambinos, medium still fits me great. I'm either a 36 or a 38.. Never had a problem with Bambinos though.

I would concur with the notion of getting a Large / Medium sample pack. I'm a 32-34 inch waist and even though the medium bellissimo advertise being for 32-44 I still find them borderline tight. That being said I'm a very comfortable medium Dry 24/7 user...but it's commonly known they cut larger than others. The moral of the story, it sucks paying for the sample pack on a per diaper basis but it's better to have done that then to lose much more on an order that turns out to not fit well (too loose) or not at all (too small).

Quote Originally Posted by Bambusa View Post
    I have a quick question for those who know. I wear 38" pants, wear large size Depends, Large ATN's and Large Tenas. I'm ordering Bambino Teddies. I think I should order a large, but the waist size listed on their website is larger than what I am. It seems like the sizing on the packages are always larger than the diapers really are. So what size do you recommend?
    I also wear 38" waist pants as well. I find I can fit into medium Bambinos, but the tapes have a hard time meeting the taping panel especially if I eat a meal recently or not. The sizes on the site run a little small. They will be tight and will cause a decrease in capacity. They'll also have a better chance at splitting.

Even if you are in the small end of large, it should be fine with a good taping technique. If I were you, I would get the size combo sample pack and see before making a commitment.

To add-on, the tighter size will create gaps in the crotch. It will feel more bulky in the crotch as well because of the tightness of having the tapes tight to meet the taping panel.

Thanks, with all that has has been said, I believe I will try the large. I would like my wife to be able to fit in them as well if she feels so inclined. I will try to follow up with how they work. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice!

bambino do fit about a 1/2 size smaller than others. I'm 38'ish waist and I find the larges fit me fine. For me, the top tapes land just at the tri-folds in the diapers, and that's a fit I like. Maybe others prefer the tapes to be more toward the side of their hips? For the mediums, the top tapes land right where the padding ends on both sides, which is not a problem. BUT the lower tapes have a very hard time reaching the front panel - I'm lucky if I can get the last of the sticky of the tape 1/2" in onto the front wing. And then sometimes it can still try to dig into my skin. Maybe my thighs are just a little wide, I do bike but not THAT much. Anyway that makes them fairly uncomfortable.
    Try larges. I think they'll work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    bambino do fit about a 1/2 size smaller than others. I'm 38'ish waist and I find the larges fit me fine. For me, the top tapes land just at the tri-folds in the diapers, and that's a fit I like. Maybe others prefer the tapes to be more toward the side of their hips? For the mediums, the top tapes land right where the padding ends on both sides, which is not a problem. BUT the lower tapes have a very hard time reaching the front panel - I'm lucky if I can get the last of the sticky of the tape 1/2" in onto the front wing. And then sometimes it can still try to dig into my skin. Maybe my thighs are just a little wide, I do bike but not THAT much. Anyway that makes them fairly uncomfortable.
    Try larges. I think they'll work for you.
    I imagine this is how it will be with me as well.