Thread: Hallo!

Smile Hallo!

I've had an interest in the AB/DL community for near 15 years, but I never thought of entering the ring... chalk it up to timidness, I suppose.

Well, here I am... Ta-Da!

I'm from the Midwest, although I've spent a good deal of time on the road as of late. In fact, I'm never more happy than when I'm on the open road (or water, or air) and there's something positively invigorating about going to a new place. I love writing about my time on the road... the people I meet, places I visit.

I also have a love for the German language... almost more of a fetish. Ich liebe Deutschland!

As I've never talked about my AB/DL interests with ANYONE ever, so I'm really excited to join this forum and to meet likeminded people!

Auf Wiedersehen!

chuck

Hi Chuck,

Welcome - I'm from Indiana and also enjoy traveling quite a bit too... I tried learning German last year but struggled as foreign languages are just not my thing. My ex-fiance was from Germany and I spent 2 weeks learning using Rosetta stone while on a cruise ship - I picked up a couple hundred words... She made fun of me as a lot of it was repetition - However it paid off... I was able to impress upon her parents when she pointed to a cat on a car... die katze ist auf dem auto - haha...

I've met a couple of AB's in the past - but otherwise tend to lurk at the sidelines like you - It tends to be cyclical depending on life's current relationships and challenges...

...Russell

Haha... knowing "die Katze ist auf dem Auto" after two weeks ist sehr gut! Yes, Rosetta Stone loves their repetition. It's maddening at times, but it does pay off. I've always used the Pimsleur technique some and found that to be quite useful.

Yeah - I've been on the sidelines for too long and it's time to talk about the AB/DL lifestyle with others.

Thanks for the welcome, Russell!

Just think how impressive it would have been if there had been another cat under the car... I could have pulled that one off too!

Welcome to our community. I've been a member since April 30. I used to travel to go meet people, because I couldn't find what I was looking for here. Speaking of travel, did you ever go to one of Larry and Wisconsin's diaper parties? I wonder if I might know you. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by PapaChuck View Post
    I've had an interest in the AB/DL community for near 15 years, but I never thought of entering the ring... chalk it up to timidness, I suppose.

Well, here I am... Ta-Da!

I'm from the Midwest, although I've spent a good deal of time on the road as of late. In fact, I'm never more happy than when I'm on the open road (or water, or air) and there's something positively invigorating about going to a new place. I love writing about my time on the road... the people I meet, places I visit.

I also have a love for the German language... almost more of a fetish. Ich liebe Deutschland!

As I've never talked about my AB/DL interests with ANYONE ever, so I'm really excited to join this forum and to meet likeminded people!

Auf Wiedersehen!

chuck
    Hi Chuck, or should I say guten Abend! (It is 21:42 here...)

When you say mid-west, do you mean of the USA? I'm asking as we are all over the globe in this forum, so I am interested in what you mean by mid-west. I am in the UK myself.

I wanted to learn German at school, but I sat next to a group of kids who messed around all the time. my parents wouldn't invest in extra-curricular lessons for me, so I didn't learn after all.

I COULD learn now, if my poorly brain would allow me to, but unfortunately I cannot remember things or learn any more, no matter how hard I try. Damn I don't even recall what I ate for lunch today! Oh well

Anyway, enough about me, I wish you a warm welcome and I hope that you soon settle in and feel like part of the furniture!

Best wishes,

Vimes x

Welcome Papachuck.

I am of germanic descent for the Rhine valley, and can understand most of what is said and speak very basic german. Have you ever been there?

Again Hello and welcome to the group.

Right - I'm in the Mid-West of the USA. Although I've spent a little time in the Midlands of the UK, near Birmingham.

- - - Updated - - -

Egor - I have spent a several weeks in Germany, visited all of the major cities (and a handful of smaller ones), and got well acquainted with the efficiency of the DBahn!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hello and welcome to the site. I hope you like it here. We are a good group of people. Hope you can find your place here.