Thread: Hello everyone

Smile Hello everyone

After reading the stickies, I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself to everyone.

My name is Shaun. I'm 21 and live in sunny England.

A bit about me

I apologize in advanced if anything is a bit graphic. I don't wish to offend anyone at all. So I'll begin from the start.
    Since I was 5 I've had terrible problems with my bowels from terrible constipation to having some bad accidents. I had been taken to see many doctors and I was never given a diagnosis as to what could be causing these problems.

When I was 11 I was close to having a diagnosis of what the problem was but unfortunately in December 2002 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor so all focus went to that.

I had managed my condition for about 3-4 years but lately it has been returning to how it was. I went to see a surgeon not too long ago and I was offered an operation to try and correct the problem which is open to me any time. For now though, I occasionally use diapers to control the situation and avoid embarrassing accidents.

After the tumor I have been left with many mobility problems and I have also been diagnosed with Short Term Memory Loss.

Ok, I think that's enough of the serious stuff for now

I am a musician and I play Guitar, Drums and Bass. I go to a Buskers (Open Mic) night on Wednesdays and perform with some amazing people. Sometimes when there isn't many people in, me and the guys just have what can only be described as a big jam session.

I also love playing video games. My favorites are The Sims 3, GTA, Euro Truck Simulator and Train Simulator. I use my laptop for gaming and I couldn't think of anything better.

I like to spend my spare time with my family, talking to friends online and watching a lot of tele. I would love to learn how to cook because basically I'm terrible in the kitchen haha.

I spent 3 years at college doing Music Performance and I really enjoyed it. I'm currently training as a makeup artist and I'm looking forward to doing something I really enjoy.

I came on to this website to hopefully connect with people who are in a similar situation as me and to find some new friends or even acquaintances to talk to.

Before I found this website, I was looking for information on the operation I have been offered. I found a post on here about it and decided to sign up to the website after i read it.

Thank you for reading my long introduction and I look forward to talking to all of you,
    Shaunk1991

Quote Originally Posted by shaunk1991 View Post
    After reading the stickies, I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself to everyone.

My name is Shaun. I'm 21 and live in sunny England.

A bit about me

I apologize in advanced if anything is a bit graphic. I don't wish to offend anyone at all. So I'll begin from the start.
    Since I was 5 I've had terrible problems with my bowels from terrible constipation to having some bad accidents. I had been taken to see many doctors and I was never given a diagnosis as to what could be causing these problems.

When I was 11 I was close to having a diagnosis of what the problem was but unfortunately in December 2002 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor so all focus went to that.

I had managed my condition for about 3-4 years but lately it has been returning to how it was. I went to see a surgeon not too long ago and I was offered an operation to try and correct the problem which is open to me any time. For now though, I occasionally use diapers to control the situation and avoid embarrassing accidents.

After the tumor I have been left with many mobility problems and I have also been diagnosed with Short Term Memory Loss.

Ok, I think that's enough of the serious stuff for now

I am a musician and I play Guitar, Drums and Bass. I go to a Buskers (Open Mic) night on Wednesdays and perform with some amazing people. Sometimes when there isn't many people in, me and the guys just have what can only be described as a big jam session.

I also love playing video games. My favorites are The Sims 3, GTA, Euro Truck Simulator and Train Simulator. I use my laptop for gaming and I couldn't think of anything better.

I like to spend my spare time with my family, talking to friends online and watching a lot of tele. I would love to learn how to cook because basically I'm terrible in the kitchen haha.

I spent 3 years at college doing Music Performance and I really enjoyed it. I'm currently training as a makeup artist and I'm looking forward to doing something I really enjoy.

I came on to this website to hopefully connect with people who are in a similar situation as me and to find some new friends or even acquaintances to talk to.

Before I found this website, I was looking for information on the operation I have been offered. I found a post on here about it and decided to sign up to the website after i read it.

Thank you for reading my long introduction and I look forward to talking to all of you,
    Shaunk1991
    Hi Shaun and welcome

I hail from "sunny" England too, I live in the Midlands.

I am in the middle of testing to establish the cause of my fecal incontinence, although I suspect that it will be the same as my urinary incontinence - dead nerves.

I am really sorry to hear that you suffered with a tumour, do you have to have regular scans to ensure it is not coming back, or was it completely destroyed/removed?

I feel your pain with short term memory loss, I suffer from both kinds, (long and short) so I know exactly how frustrating it can be.

I love hearing live music played by someone, it sends a shiver down my spine and gives me goosebumps.

I have dabbled with Sims 3, but my Daughter is addicted, I have purchased various expansion packs for her over time. Such as Ambitions, Late Night and Pets, if there are any others I currently don't recall them.

What TV programmes do you enjoy?

I used to love cooking, but I cannot do it any more, I am not safe for starters and secondly, I forget too easily that I have put the oven on to preheat as one example. I also cannot think straight.

Oooh, makeup artist eh? Are you looking into doing standard makeup for the camera, or special effects and stage/drama makeup?

I have seen some pretty cool tutorials on youtube from people who are makeup artists. My favourite so far has to be petrilude, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOE...e_gdata_player

Anyway, a very warm welcome from me!

Best wishes,

Vimes x

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    Hi Shaun and welcome

I hail from "sunny" England too, I live in the Midlands.

I am in the middle of testing to establish the cause of my fecal incontinence, although I suspect that it will be the same as my urinary incontinence - dead nerves.

I am really sorry to hear that you suffered with a tumour, do you have to have regular scans to ensure it is not coming back, or was it completely destroyed/removed?

I feel your pain with short term memory loss, I suffer from both kinds, (long and short) so I know exactly how frustrating it can be.

I love hearing live music played by someone, it sends a shiver down my spine and gives me goosebumps.

I have dabbled with Sims 3, but my Daughter is addicted, I have purchased various expansion packs for her over time. Such as Ambitions, Late Night and Pets, if there are any others I currently don't recall them.

What TV programmes do you enjoy?

I used to love cooking, but I cannot do it any more, I am not safe for starters and secondly, I forget too easily that I have put the oven on to preheat as one example. I also cannot think straight.

Oooh, makeup artist eh? Are you looking into doing standard makeup for the camera, or special effects and stage/drama makeup?

I have seen some pretty cool tutorials on youtube from people who are makeup artists. My favourite so far has to be petrilude, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOE...e_gdata_player

Anyway, a very warm welcome from me!

Best wishes,

Vimes x
    Hi Vimes, Nice to meet you,

I hope the doctors find what they are looking for during your tests and I wish you the best of luck.

I used to have yearly scans up until the 8 year mark when they where sure nothing should come back. Everything is controlled by medication now as my pituitary gland is no longer functional because of the tumor.

That's the exact same reason I don't cook haha. The last time I tried to make something I forgot I had the chip pan on. Luckily there was someone home to remind me about it but since then I dare not go near a cooker.

I used to spend a lot of time on YouTube watching makeup tutorials and that was one of the things that motivated me to do an online course.

The Sims 3 is my second life. I have all of the expansion packs and a few content packs. I have also just started building videos on The Sims to upload on YouTube.
    All together there are 9 expansion packs that have been released and 2 more due out this year.

It has been lovely talking to you and hopefully we will speak again.
    Until then, Take care bud and I hope everything goes well for you,
    Shaun

Hi Shaun welcome I'm from sunny England to hope you enjoy the site