Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm really getting tired of the ABDL Communities, it's almost always the same...

Default I'm really getting tired of the ABDL Communities, it's almost always the same...

Don't get me wrong I'm glad these forums exist and I"m really glad others can post topics and explain stuff and be advocates for ABDL and help people understand themselves and all that other stuff. This type of community is incredibly important for these people.

But I can't help but feel that most of the Topics are the same day in day out. "whats your favorite diaper?", "whats your idea baby day?", Etc etc. No new ideas no new anything. Now keep in mind I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it becomes frustrating when you feel like you've been in this topic before. I've been in this comunity since I was 15, so close to 7 years and I've felt that aside from getting real companies catering to our ABDL and some more media exposure there really isn't much to discuss... and it's frustrating because I want to hang out here and discuss. I want to be involved but I just find everything has been done before...

So peeps what are some things that are rarely talked about? Am I just ranting? Does anyone else share the same feelings?

I agree a lot of the topics are old hat, but occasionally there are new things worth reading and often there are new people who's own experience is interesting. Neat and unusual things happen to members here everyday.

You don't have to read all the new topics and posts. You can skim and choose one or two that strike your fancy.

If I see a "What's you favorite diaper?" thread, I skip it. If I see a "Want to tell my parents/shrink/roommate" thread, I skip it. But if I see "New diaper brand from Madagascar" or "Got caught by my girlfriend" thread, I'm reading it.

Enjoy being here and interacting with people, and if you think all the topics have gone stale, feel free to add your own!

Part of it's the influx of new members: they're excited and they want to share . . . and they go a little overboard on it.
    Give them time, let the squeaky-shiny wear off a bit, and skip those threads.

This sounds like the sort of situation you'll encounter on almost any internet community. There are probably people on some advanced physics discussion board somewhere who scroll down the list of topics and go 'sheesh, not another thread trying to solve the cosmological constant'.

I'm grateful these sites exist to serve our community. I'm still fairly new to the online ABDL world and I find it interesting to see what other people think and feel. If I have to skip a few 'favourite diaper' threads to do it then that's a price well worth paying.

It's worth pointing out that old topics can be well worth discussing again in some situations. For example, the 'best diaper' threads may have been done before, but new products get released and old ones change. A thread from a year ago might not be relevant anymore.

I do agree that the topics can get repetitive, but that's bound to happen when a site has a constant stream of new people (a good thing in my view). There's nothing to stop you from posting new threads if you don't think the ones that are currently there are interesting.

If not just sit back and watch, something interesting is bound to come along and be posted sooner or later. You don't need to post twenty times a day to be a participant in an online community.

Zpeed

Everything in the world is just repeats

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm glad these forums exist and I"m really glad others can post topics and explain stuff and be advocates for ABDL and help people understand themselves and all that other stuff. This type of community is incredibly important for these people.

But I can't help but feel that most of the Topics are the same day in day out. "whats your favorite diaper?", "whats your idea baby day?", Etc etc. No new ideas no new anything. Now keep in mind I'm not saying it's a bad thing but it becomes frustrating when you feel like you've been in this topic before. I've been in this comunity since I was 15, so close to 7 years and I've felt that aside from getting real companies catering to our ABDL and some more media exposure there really isn't much to discuss... and it's frustrating because I want to hang out here and discuss. I want to be involved but I just find everything has been done before...

So peeps what are some things that are rarely talked about? Am I just ranting? Does anyone else share the same feelings?
    I think you really need to get to know people and talk about meaningful things that can yield actual discussion rather than some "how's the weather" kind of conversation. Your observation is accurate and I'm at least somewhat onboard with your feelings about the situation.

your only a 22 year old abdl wait till you get to be 62 and have seen it all. lol

I've been online in the ABDL world for over 15 years now and participating actively online since about 2000. Trust me, the topics repeat over and over again here and elsewhere. I tend to skip over a lot of the threads here for that very reason. I'm sure those conversations are of value to the participants, but I'm long-since comfortable with being an ABDL, I'm pretty familiar with diapers and other gear, I've played with others in a variety of settings, I've been public about being an ABDL and in public with diapers, and I've hung out with a number of people once prominent in the community. I won't say I've seen it all, but I've seen quite a lot. At some point, one just gets better at filtering stuff that is not as relevant to oneself anymore.

Oft repeated topics rarely bring in the veteran site user, but it does do alot of good with the newbie.. no problem, I generally skip those threads... lots of 'been there, done that' and all.
    Usually someone with a little experience will help them out.. i'm generally looking for the interesting, doesnt come up every month when the last thread dies. conversations 'marshmallow trick anyone?' such things don't just apply here, but in every group, this goes on

to be honest im kinda 50/50 on the idea. i mean i have only kinda accepted that i am an ABDL. for me a lot of these topics are repetitive but again like someone said in a previous comment, it might not be the same thread from a year ago. you should check only the threads that rouse your curiousity. or something you can relate to.

in my opinion a lot of the reetitve stuff is there course it is on any site but a lot of it you have to go looking for. if you look hard enough you will alwas find the stuff your looking for. its common knowledge. but i neithere agree or disagree with the whole repetive threads thing

also what else is there to talk about that hasn't been asked before someone tell us, or better yet start a new thread that we can we can engage in and contribute to.

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest im kinda 50/50 on the idea. i mean i have only kinda accepted that i am an ABDL. for me a lot of these topics are repetitive but again like someone said in a previous comment, it might not be the same thread from a year ago. you should check only the threads that rouse your curiousity. or something you can relate to.

in my opinion a lot of the reetitve stuff is there course it is on any site but a lot of it you have to go looking for. if you look hard enough you will alwas find the stuff your looking for. its common knowledge. but i neithere agree or disagree with the whole repetive threads thing

also what else is there to talk about that hasn't been asked before someone tell us, or better yet start a new thread that we can we can engage in and contribute to.