Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Could use a little advice....

  1. #1

    Default Could use a little advice....

    This post is going to sound very weird but I feel I could use some advice.

    I am a dl but I am also incontinent. I don't mind the incontinence because I actually love the feeling of a wet diaper. Now normally I hate cute diapers I just look for diapers that provide good protection except for the last 2 week's I've found myself thinking to myself "I really wanna try a diaper that looks.... Cute... Like the bambino classico or something" obviously I haven't ordered anything because sadly 35 dollars a bag seems very expensive especially after you Pay shipping but that's not the issue.

    problem is I feel like I shouldn't do it. Not saying anything bad about people who like cute diapers that are babyish, I just also thought it's not my thing and even Now every time I find my hand over that order button I end up closing the page thinking "no this isn't you don't waste the money you won't like it."

    I don't know what to do. My living situation doesn't stop me, I live away from Mom and Dad with my fiance who thankfully doesn't care about the diapers, I have a job and a steady flow of income (though I hate wasting money). Nothing to stop me except myself. Should I just say screw it and do it or follow my gut and don't? Anyone else experienced this?

  2. #2

    Default

    I say that you'll make many buying decisions you won't be thrilled with. If you try them and don't like them, don't buy them again. Those Bambino diapers have a good reputation with incontinent people.

  3. #3
    CrinklySiren

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    This post is going to sound very weird but I feel I could use some advice.
    Theres nothing weird about feeling cautious with spending money on something you might not enjoy lol



    Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    I am a dl but I am also incontinent. I don't mind the incontinence because I actually love the feeling of a wet diaper. Now normally I hate cute diapers I just look for diapers that provide good protection except for the last 2 week's I've found myself thinking to myself "I really wanna try a diaper that looks.... Cute... Like the bambino classico or something" obviously I haven't ordered anything because sadly 35 dollars a bag seems very expensive especially after you Pay shipping but that's not the issue.

    problem is I feel like I shouldn't do it. Not saying anything bad about people who like cute diapers that are babyish, I just also thought it's not my thing and even Now every time I find my hand over that order button I end up closing the page thinking "no this isn't you don't waste the money you won't like it."
    Actually, the 35$ for a bag is the total price, bambino ships for free. Unless of course you want it expedited (or you're having it shipped outside the US)

    But also, how can you know you wont like it if you dont try? I mean the design on the diaper wont change its performance, and bambino diapers perform VERY well.



    Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    I don't know what to do. My living situation doesn't stop me, I live away from Mom and Dad with my fiance who thankfully doesn't care about the diapers, I have a job and a steady flow of income (though I hate wasting money). Nothing to stop me except myself.
    honestly i wouldn't think you'd be wasting money because you're buying a diaper that looks cute (so you get to fulfill your curiosity) and works great (so incase you dont like cute looking diapers, you still have a high quality product at your "disposal" (pun definitely intended)

    So if you have the money to explore your curiosity, then go ahead, but you'll never know until you try. I use to think I would never like acting like a little baby girl and crawling around with a paci in my mouth, and 4 years later Im saving up for a crib and am surrounded by plushies and baby accessories lol, then I came to the realization that while at first i thought AB things were too much, it turned out that being AB was something I was just suppressing :P so for all you know, this desire to try "cute diapers" might be something you've always subconsciously had an interest in, and only now is it making its way to your conscious mind



    Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    Should I just say screw it and do it or follow my gut and don't? Anyone else experienced this?
    Do it! The worst that can happen is that you wont like it, but you wont be wasting your money on bambino diapers lol. I've been hesitant to buy things in the past and when I give in, sometimes i regret it and sometimes im glad i gave in. Your gut reacts out of both rational and irrational fear, hence why its not a good idea to go with your gut 100% of the time

  4. #4

    Default

    Honestly, if diapers are something you have to wear, why the heck not have a little fun with it... If it only gives you and your fiancÚ a giggle well that's money we'll spent. Maybe just keep them for special occasions.

  5. #5
    kayley

    Default

    Just say Screw it and Do it! =^.^=

    As an IC, I totally recommend the Bambino Bellisimo. They work better than an Abena 4 series, almost as well as a Dry 24x7, but they actually cost less per individual diaper when you include the shipping, and if you factor the time they can be worn against things like Tena or Molicare, they cost less per diapered hour than most non DL diapers.
    I've also found that they make my skin around my hips less sweaty than most other dedicated IC products.

    And they are totaly CUTE <3 And the printed section is extra thick plastic so the tapes don't tare if you're being active.

    The worst thing that can happen is you hate them and have spent $35 to satisfy your curiosity and expand your life experiences into the world of DL.

  6. #6

    Default

    How about a sample pack of two instead? If you don't like them, you've only got one more to deal with after the first. The price per diaper is high but the overall cost is low. Maybe you'd find that easier to swally psychologically, i.e., "It's just a sample, I'm just sampling." Just as a practical matter, I advise samples when trying a new diaper if possible. Even though I think Bambinos are excellent from a practical standpoint, not everyone feels the same. Diapers are very personal.

    Moving away from the practical, what are you really holding out against? Maybe you will like cute diapers all the time, maybe you won't like them at all, maybe it's somewhere in between. Maybe this is the leading edge of wanting to explore AB feelings. What's the harm in any of those? You are in control of your own actions. Buying some cute diapers doesn't mean you're going to wind up drooling in a community playground sandbox in a diaper and bonnet. Give yourself a little credit and give these a try. Like them or not, you'll have learned something about yourself.

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm sold. You guys put it in a way that makes sense plus I didn't know they had free shipping so thanks for that. Perhaps I'll post later about my experience with them . Thanks all!

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by clubssc View Post
    I'm sold. You guys put it in a way that makes sense plus I didn't know they had free shipping so thanks for that. Perhaps I'll post later about my experience with them . Thanks all!
    You were already gonna do it. Lol. Glad your guilt wall crumbled so quickly. Enjoy

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    Just say Screw it and Do it! =^.^=

    As an IC, I totally recommend the Bambino Bellisimo. They work better than an Abena 4 series, almost as well as a Dry 24x7, but they actually cost less per individual diaper when you include the shipping, and if you factor the time they can be worn against things like Tena or Molicare, they cost less per diapered hour than most non DL diapers.
    I've also found that they make my skin around my hips less sweaty than most other dedicated IC products.

    And they are totaly CUTE <3 And the printed section is extra thick plastic so the tapes don't tare if you're being active.

    The worst thing that can happen is you hate them and have spent $35 to satisfy your curiosity and expand your life experiences into the world of DL.
    I'm curious, since as far as I know a shipping to another country is extremely expensive, or are you able to get them in australia actually?

    Eh anyway... how much do you end up paying, if I may ask?

    I'd really like to try them, but I always thought this would end up being horrible expensive, so this would be really nice to know ^_^!

  10. #10

    Default

    I haven't really tried packs of the 'cute' diapers but really want to try more of them. However I hear that certain ones are very good for incontinence so i don't think that you will loose quality. I think if you are interested in trying them though maybe try a sample pack, I tried a sample pack of cuddlz diapers and they were brilliant and i do like the cute look, it just adds something else that is fun.
    So yeah my advice would be to get a sample pack

Similar Threads

  1. Need Some Advice
    By Crinklemedic in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-Apr-2013, 05:59
  2. Advice?
    By dogsforlife in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-Jul-2011, 12:42
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-May-2011, 08:23
  4. Advice Please
    By Omorashi in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-Mar-2010, 22:06
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-Jul-2008, 00:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.