Thread: Diapering Tip

Default Diapering Tip

I tend to use petroleum jelly or desitin diaper creme with each change in addition to a bit of baby powder, it used to be a pain getting the tapes right. The thing I found is that cleaning one's hands with a baby wipe is very effective at getting them clean and making it much easier to work the tapes during diaper changes. Just thought I would throw that out there since it took me a lot of trial and error until I found something to make taping easier.

I dislike both of those as being particularly gooey and while desitin is a great relief AFTER you get a rash or irritation, I don't know how good it is as a preventative. What I use is Doctor Boudreaux's Butt Paste (the original, not the natural). It does a good job and doesn't stink as bad as desitin and cleans off your hands easier than the others.

Lately I have been using this, baby powder lotion stuff. It goes on as baby lotion, but when it dries its powder.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Lately I have been using this, baby powder lotion stuff. It goes on as baby lotion, but when it dries its powder.
    This intrigues me 0_o where did you get this?

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    It does a good job and doesn't stink as bad as desitin
    is it weird that I actually love the smell of Desitin xD it takes me back to my babyhood days LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    This intrigues me 0_o where did you get this?

is it weird that I actually love the smell of Desitin xD it takes me back to my babyhood days LOL
    This is what I have: Amazon.com: Breck For Baby Liquid Baby Powder With Cornstarch ~ Fresh Scent ~ 9 fl. oz. (266 ml): Health & Personal Care

I love the smell of Desitin, I find the Boudreaux stuff smells nasty. This is the second or third time I heard someone mention that baby liquid stuff, sounds interesting. What stores is it typically at? I noticed amazon doesnt have it in stock. Are all brands created equal, or are some better than others?

CrinklySiren

whoa cool! its weird i cant seem to find it anywhere that isnt online like babies r u, cvs, etc. is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    whoa cool! its weird i cant seem to find it anywhere that isnt online like babies r u, cvs, etc. is it new?
    Its not new, its actually old. I did see some new versions of it on amazon butt hey are not exactly like mine.