Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABENA Abri-Form briefs losing quality?

Default ABENA Abri-Form briefs losing quality?

Okay, so I don't know if it's just me or if I've just been getting extremely unlucky. But every time I buy Abena diapers (lately) the quality of the diapers just seem to get worse and worse. For example.... The tapes will tear easily if you're not careful with them, the fronts of the diapers leak, and the padding is messy. I've been buying Abena for some time and I remember them being fantastic to wear, but not only that they were good looking too!

So what happened? Is it just me? Or is this something you have experienced too?

-Cheers!

I haven't bought any Abena Abri-Form briefs for some time, but I will keep this in mind, given that I am almost out of Abena diapers (I have purchased M2's, M3's, and M4's, and I never had any issues with them).

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFox View Post
    I haven't bought any Abena Abri-Form briefs for some time, but I will keep this in mind, given that I am almost out of Abena diapers (I have purchased M2's, M3's, and M4's, and I never had any issues with them).
    I generally buy the L4s. So I'm curious if maybe it's only a certain size? Dunno! More investigation is required!

It is been discussed recently, like many Abena has been going down hill steadily over the last few years. The X-Plus became M-4 that were thinner, lighter and less absorbent especially in the area of press out. Recently they took out the elastic in the rear waistband and the plastic backing seems of lower quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    It is been discussed recently, like many Abena has been going down hill steadily over the last few years. The X-Plus became M-4 that were thinner, lighter and less absorbent especially in the area of press out. Recently they took out the elastic in the rear waistband and the plastic backing seems of lower quality.
    It's as if they want it to fail so they can remove it from their product line. I don't know if their cloth backed ones are experiencing the same problems or not. They've lost my business, if they want to keep deteriorating these products, go ahead and be like any other diaper then they deserve to fail. No one wants to pay a premium price for subpar diapers.

I bought some recently (M4s), after hearing how great they were for so long.

Honestly, I despised them. The plastic backing was paper thin and tore very very easily, the padding felt awful and clumpy when wet, the fit was awful (probably due to the tapes/weak plastic). I never found out how absorbent they truly were, because with every one I ended up wanting to get out of the thing before they were even close to being particularly wet. That, or the diaper simply fell apart after wearing for a period of time.

I kind of regret never being able to try Abena in their past glory days, because their current stuff seems to be awful. I do however, regret spending money on a case of M4s, money that would have been much better spent on say, bambinos.

For now, it seems like the only good Abena is doing is forcing other manufactures to be competitive, simply because they continue to exist.

These reports I am seeing regarding the newer Abena diapers are disappointing, to put it mildly. I will keep this in mind and think of exploring other options (I have a case of Bambino Bianco diapers on the way, in addition to a Molicare sample pack). I am also interested in trying out the Tena Slip Maxi sometime as well.

Okay, so it's not just me. Phew!

Frankly I'm quite disappointed in Abena right now, so I've basically stopped buying from them, which limits those on a budget. Xpmedical was offering Mega Careline diapers for a limited time however, I ended up buying a case of those and I was VERY impressed. The fluff would get odd and be misplaced at times but they generally reminded me of how good Abenas used to be, and better! The plastic was incredibly soft, yet still retained that plasticiness. Absorption was excellent, tapes were good... Good diaper all around. I only wish they were easier to get.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback mates.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeness787 View Post
    But every time I buy Abena diapers (lately)... the padding is messy.
    Are you sure you bought unused ones?!

I got a case of M4's a while back (maybe a month, two at most?) and they're fine. I'm a bag and a half in of the three.Though the plastic backing changed, I still find them a great diaper. Eventually the core gets clumpy but I've found sometimes if I've slowly wet it, it gets really puffy and stays together longer. Wearing one right now