Thread: In need of some opinions...

Default In need of some opinions...

About 2 weeks ago I had gotten a package of formula in the mail. Now I live with my parents (about to graduate H.S. tomorrow) so this alarmed me because it was either addressed to me or my dad (same name). A quick search gave me comfort when I saw on a yahoo answers page that sometimes when you buy things off a registry they sell your info. So I relaxed and forgot about it but now the other day a baby magazine came in the mail and again addressed to either me or my father. So now I'm worried it's a result of my search history even though I clear it Its still entered anyway. So should I be worried or just chalk it up as a coincidence?

CrinklySiren

Thats weird >_> your search history shouldnt result in the arrival of random packages or magazines :P i go to tons of different websites at WORK even, and i never receive any mail or unexpected packages to my office lol and I normally ship things to my place of work because shipping companies take priority and deliver them here in the morning.

Could you have possibly signed up for something accidentally? Like maybe not unchecking something at the end when you apply to a website or create an account with someone? Because I remember when I made an account with gamestop, they started sending me magazines because I left the "send me monthly copies of Game Informer" checked without noticing :P (it was free for a year but still)

either way, if you can't figure it out, just play it off as some really strange coincidence lol.

Usually, to get free formula you have to fill out online forms. Most of the questionnaire is asking you if you're going to breast/bottle feed or use the government food assistance program that pays for formula. Are you going to use the formula? Just wondered.

Hello I once sent away for a sample of plastic and a size chart for a plastic pants company and they sent 2 pair of plastic pants adult size to my house. Me and my Father share the same name and was he PISSED off he thought that some one was playing a trick on him because of his age. Man was I scared

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamommy View Post
    Usually, to get free formula you have to fill out online forms. Most of the questionnaire is asking you if you're going to breast/bottle feed or use the government food assistance program that pays for formula. Are you going to use the formula? Just wondered.
    To answer your question no I will not be using the formula my parents trashed it. My dad just busted my stones and said your formula came in the mail. since we have the same name he pinned it to me joking, sure made me uncomfortable Though I just joked back. As to the others I never filled out any survey so hopefully no more comes. I thought maybe because my mom has bought stuff for baby showers of family that they sold her info and send her stuff. This is the first time it's happened. Thanks to everyone that replied much appriciated.