Thread: People that help find Love matches

Default People that help find Love matches

I don't quite know what the title should be, but it kind of says it right. I'm curious if there are actual services where you don't just fill out a servery like other dating sites, but people that work for the service try and find the right match for you. So not your typical dating site, but an actual service person who would spend their time going through the applicants and match people together?

I have seen this type of thing on the TV show "How I met your mother" but i was curious if it actually was a real and common thing, and what i would look up to find one.

CrinklySiren

I don't think such a thing exists :P and most dating sites dont do a very good job anyway... not to mention you have to pay a monthly fee for their mediocre service >_< I think you'd have better luck just going out and meeting someone in public, you never know who you might run into! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I don't quite know what the title should be, but it kind of says it right. I'm curious if there are actual services where you don't just fill out a servery like other dating sites, but people that work for the service try and find the right match for you. So not your typical dating site, but an actual service person who would spend their time going through the applicants and match people together?

I have seen this type of thing on the TV show "How I met your mother" but i was curious if it actually was a real and common thing, and what i would look up to find one.
    It was once quite common, but not so much anymore. Online dating sites pretty much do exactly the same thing, except a computer asks you the list of questions rather than a person.

You might be interested in speed dating. You go to an event tables are arranged in a big circle. Everyone gets a piece of paper with the names of the other-gender participants. Women sit on the inside of the circle, men on the outside. You talk for a few minutes to introduce yourself and then a bell rings. When this happens, you get up, check yes or no for the person on your sheet, and move on to the next person. Generally, women sit and men rotate. At the end of the night, you turn in your list, and the service matches pairs of people up who both checked yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    It was once quite common, but not so much anymore. Online dating sites pretty much do exactly the same thing, except a computer asks you the list of questions rather than a person.

You might be interested in speed dating. You go to an event tables are arranged in a big circle. Everyone gets a piece of paper with the names of the other-gender participants. Women sit on the inside of the circle, men on the outside. You talk for a few minutes to introduce yourself and then a bell rings. When this happens, you get up, check yes or no for the person on your sheet, and move on to the next person. Generally, women sit and men rotate. At the end of the night, you turn in your list, and the service matches pairs of people up who both checked yes.
    I'll have to see if there is something like that near by me.