Thread: Different diaper size Reviews and better system for Reviews

Question Different diaper size Reviews and better system for Reviews

Hey i was just wondering is it ok if I did a bunch of diaper reviews in different sizes. Like Not every medium diaper is gonna preform the same as every small or large. I also wanted to know what you guys felt about it. I just think we need a better organized system for it. Maybe we could have it setup to where it has its on category, like cloth backed diapers and plastic backed diapers. Then it could have the companies name and then finally the brand you are using with different sizes.

CrinklySiren

I think this would be a great idea, though to be honest a large bambino and a medium bambino are gonna work the same way :P obviously a medium bambino and a large cushies are gonna work differently because they are 2 different diapers, but I do think a database for such things would be great, and it doesnt have to be limited to just diapers but it could be a database for multiple things :P Daily Diapers has this sort of database as well as Diaperbook, but both rely solely on user reviews and user preference and many are either empty or broken and dont work :P The reviews here are purely informative and awesome

well yea but not absorbency wise. Also that would be cool too. I honestly do not see why we do not have a well thought out review site for this stuff yet. Like we should have every diaper dimensions now. This could help with questions like "can I fit this", and it would eliminate the "I can wear it and I have a 30" waist". Not saying it isn't an accurate way to judge it by, but everyone's body is different. Like that person may be taller and may weigh more. He might even have larger hips. Plus measurements are better for absorbency wise because not everyone's thickness of a diaper will feel the same. Like a abena s4 feels like normal thickness to me but to some it will feel to thick.

kayley

Oi, it would be awesome to have a Diaper Database. I like how XPmedical does theirs. >>> Adult Diaper Review and Testing <<<
    But thats more of a review for pure IC diapers, and doesn't have Bambinos, or Fabine, or cushies, ect...

I think for scientific purposes, it would be awesome if we could get one person to do all of the testing and reviews. That way there wouldn't be a diffrence in the way things were done from one review to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    Oi, it would be awesome to have a Diaper Database. I like how XPmedical does theirs. >>> Adult Diaper Review and Testing <<<
    But thats more of a review for pure IC diapers, and doesn't have Bambinos, or Fabine, or cushies, ect...

I think for scientific purposes, it would be awesome if we could get one person to do all of the testing and reviews. That way there wouldn't be a diffrence in the way things were done from one review to the next.
    Or we could make everyone that post a review follow a certain standard. This might cause more issues then needed though, but it could help save money.

I have seen from the postings that lots of people wear baby or toddler diapers. I would so love to do that sometimes but the question is what is the relationship to the size of baby diapers and adult waist size. I wear a 38 size pants and on would so love to find a baby diaper that would fit me. Has anyone done a cross reference table between waist size and baby diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by jennycooper1948 View Post
    I wear a 38 size pants and on would so love to find a baby diaper that would fit me. Has anyone done a cross reference table between waist size and baby diapers?
    No, and it would be difficult to make such a table. As soon as you're bigger than a baby, these diapers get tight, ride low, and their absorbency quickly becomes inadequate. Consequently, the "fit" is more a matter of what you're willing to put up with in order to wear actual baby diapers, and that's a personal thing. Most here on ADISC seem to be of the opinion that, when it comes to putting on a diaper, any amount of stretching or modding is too much. It's a very logical opinion, and one that I (perhaps unfortunately) don't share.

Or maybe I should say: I do wear baby diapers sometimes, even though it takes some effort.

For the benefit of anybody interested in comparing their body measurements to the sizes of baby diapers, I posted this a while back. Compare the diaper lengths to your own rise measurement and you'll see what I think is the biggest problem: These diapers are short! Your waist measurement doesn't really apply. I have a 38" waist, but where a Pampers Cruisers 7 diaper lands on me, I'm nearly 44" around. Ye Gads! The shortness also means the diaper can't really ride securely on top of your hips/butt like an adult diaper would, so it may have a tendency to fall down.

The only comfortable way to wear these diapers at my size is to extend the tapes or wear them in underwear, e.g. like a pad. I can actually stretch into a Cruisers 7 diaper as-is, but it's taken a great deal of practice to be able to reliably stretch the wings out that far without breaking them, and the result is one tight diaper!

The short answer for anybody interested in trying baby diapers is: Get the biggest ones you possibly can, and expect adventure!