Thread: Coming Out As AB

Default Coming Out As AB

Hey I've been a baby for as long as I can remember since I was 8-9 and think now I'm 22 times right for me to be an out and proud 1

I am reaching the same conclusion and am 20. I am working on a website for abdls. Bittergrey also has a website. Ultimately it is hard to come out because we would be among the first. There was once an individual in Arizona who came into some money and decided to live as a baby girl.

I wish i had the same courage as you
    I am so happy you wanted to do
    best of luck in the future

~Lily-Ann

Babyboyuk,

I'm glad you accept yourself as an adult baby. It's certainly better than fighting yourself like so many of us do for years. Self-acceptance is a good thing. But please, think carefully of what being an "out and proud" AB means before you do so.

First of all, how "out and proud"do you plan to be? ForeverSmall brought up that fellow in Arizona who became a full-time baby girl. If this is what you're thinking - being an unrestrained, full-time baby - please reconsider. Doing this would cost you any chance of living any of the adult parts of life. Not just jobs, relationships, etc, but things like going out in public without being harassed. Being able to eat at a restaurant (even McDonalds' would be put off by an adult dressed like a baby). Being able to travel safely. There is so much more to life than being babied full-time - and this is coming from someone who would love to own that baby girl outfit and nursery! The adult world has its problems, for sure, but don't bail on it altogether. There's lots of good here, too.

Or maybe I misinterpreted what you meant. You could be talking about still living an adult life, but being open about your AB identity, like an "out and proud" gay person. Even if this is what you meant, I still don't think it's a good idea. Our world simply isn't very kind to people who are different. Adult babies get called sick freaks in popular culture. Many still associate us with pedophilia. These are horrible, unfair assumptions, but they're there. And being "out and proud" could lead to discrimination. People could easily discriminate against you in terms of jobs, housing, friendship - and no, it's not fair, but people can be mean, and ABs aren't a legally protected class, far as I know. Worst-case, some ignorant types may try to physically harm you. It's not worth your life to tell the world you are an AB. Again, please reconsider.

Instead, stop and think about why you want to be out and proud. What are you hoping for? There could be lots of things, but I'm guessing acceptance is a big part of it. And I get that - I want to be loved for who I am, too. I recently wrote a blog about this, and got some wonderful advice that if like to pass on. To summarize, we all live different roles. For example, a man can be a father, a husband, a worker, a boss, a sports buddy - lots of different roles. And some roles are appropriate at different times. It'd be silly to act like a daddy around one's boss. In the same way, we have adult roles and baby roles. The key is to find an appropriate space to live out the little role (source: Frogsy, who has lots of wonderful ideas). This forum is a great one. Finding a group for littles in your area may be possible (more likely in big cities, it appears). If you have a serious romantic partner, explain your feelings to them. They may agree to baby you, and I think AB feelings need to be confessed to serious partners anyway. The point is, there are safer but still fulfilling ways to find acceptance than being out and proud.

For your safety, and for the sake of your freedom to live a balanced life, try expressing your feelings to a few you trust, instead of coming out to a hostile and unforgiving world. If you want to chat about stuff, in available, and so are lots of others. I just don't want you to get hurt as you strive for acceptance from others. It's something we all need, but don't get yourself hurt in the process.

Living as a full time baby seems limiting. I can understand wearing diapers full time, but the idea of being a baby all of the time, hmmm. I like the balance I have right now. But I do wish I could confide in an actual person, no offense to any of you. My wife knows, but as of now is not interested in participating, so there is that aspect of this thing I would like to change.

Hey guys, good luck and best wishes with all of that for you. I felt like that about a year ago and I almost came out to my good friend and roommate but there was something she said that gave me pause and I was happy I didn't rush into it. It'll probably end up waiting until I have a SO before I come out about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    I am reaching the same conclusion and am 20. I am working on a website for abdls. Bittergrey also has a website. Ultimately it is hard to come out because we would be among the first. There was once an individual in Arizona who came into some money and decided to live as a baby girl.
    Heidi linn he was one of the first known as babyman he pasted away a while ago.

I'd only go full baby if I was an incredibly rich man and could afford to. But what I was saying was yes same as coming out as gay, coming out as a baby could lift a huge burden from your shoulders. We have 1 life it's relatively short and unimportant in the stream of the universe we live in. The world has a social norm but yet were all different in our own ways so I think coming out will surprise you in how people react. I've heard people come out as AB and get a good reaction just like it might go bad but tbh it's the same as if you were coming out as gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyboyuk21 View Post
    I'd only go full baby if I was an incredibly rich man and could afford to. But what I was saying was yes same as coming out as gay, coming out as a baby could lift a huge burden from your shoulders. We have 1 life it's relatively short and unimportant in the stream of the universe we live in. The world has a social norm but yet were all different in our own ways so I think coming out will surprise you in how people react. I've heard people come out as AB and get a good reaction just like it might go bad but tbh it's the same as if you were coming out as gay.
    I respect your positivity and youthful enthusiasm. It's something we all struggle to maintain as we grow old. However, there are occasions when a large dose of reality is needed. While coming out as an AB may temporarily lift a huge burden off of your shoulders, you will find an equally larger burden placed there shortly after. Please forgive me, this post is gonna be a bit blunt.

As far as I can see it, your burden becomes two fold as soon as you come out. First of all you will be deliberately distancing yourself from close friends and family who you are forcing this information on to. Some people live relatively normal, linear and narrow-minded lives. That's simply the way life is, and isn't going to change dramatically in the next twenty years. Personally, I view it as immensely unfair to push this information on to them and force them to deal with it. Some of them simply can't deal with it with a liberal mindset. They are not built like that. If I were in your position, I would expect at least 50% negative response from them - and also expect to lose a lot of my closest friends. Even if you don't lose them as friends, it will radically alter a lot of your friend's perceptions of you - and not in a good way most of the time. So just from this alone, you can see that this is not a decision to be taken lightly.

Equally important to consider is that, if you're now out and proud as an AB, what will stop people using this information against you in the future? Say for instance you decide to become the best engineer you can on the planet. Because of being an out and proud ABDL, you will face a huge amount of obstacles in your forthcoming career. Being so out and proud makes you easily googlable. Any potential employer will be able to tell, regardless of whether you choose to tell them or not, that you're an AB.

Additionally, when advancing to the top of the career ladder in your field, you'll be opening yourself up to blackmail and more bigotry. This bigotry is not like gay bigotry. Being gay is a topic of national debate. There are anti-discrimination rules protecting us. No, this bigotry will be like being accused of being a paedophile. It will not be pleasant and there's absolutely no way you could safely maintain a position that comes with publicity or world renowned recognition. You will limiting yourself to a very quiet life, one with little responsibility or possibility of a high profile. I find this a rather sad and depressing notion.

Finally, say you do find yourself a rich man and do decide to take the full-time baby route. How will this make you truly happy? I'm sure for a time, being cared for a looked after 24/7 will have its rewards. But specifically, like everything in life, this is a double edged sword. You'll have absolutely no option of bettering yourself. You'll be stagnant. There'll be no career progression, no legacy in producing a family, no chance to better the world or yourself. I've seen a few of my friends go this route (kinda - each situation has been quite different). While they maintain that they're happy, I know them well enough to know that they're truthfully unfulfilled people. This last part I find abhorrent. I could never do something like this. Everything in balance and moderation. ABDL is a part of who I am, but it does not define who I am.

Think about this VERY carefully before you make an absolute decision. You will be closing a hell of a lot of doors by doing this. If you comprehend your situation - this should scare you (it scares me). There is absolutely no coming back from it.

Luca~