Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there an easy way i can tell my boyfriend that I'm a DL?

Default is there an easy way i can tell my boyfriend that I'm a DL?

I have been thinking lately about how I might tell my boyfriend of four years that I wear and use diapers for sexual purposes. I hate keeping this from him but I am so embarrassed and I'm afraid of what he will think of me after I tell him. Is there an easy, not so humiliating way I can tell him? I'm scared

As some other folks here would say, everyone reacts differently, and it would be impossible to give accurate advice since none of us know him. What I can tell you is if you're that nervous about it, perhaps you could bring it up in a subtle manner such as joking about wearing a diaper for a costume, or something of the sort, and see how he reacts to it. Things like this are best taken slowly and with caution.

I'm not the best with advice. But slowly and what RainbowDashly says may be good. Tread lightly. You know him and if he's open minded. I hope you get good advice and you get this off your chest and can be you. Keep us updated.

kayley

Try wearing some fun outfits with him in bed. Like French Maid, love slave, Cat girl (meow), Catholic Skewl girl, Sponge bob, whatever.... Just be goofy and have fun. If he's open to the costumes and having fun, then dress up as a baby complete with diaper and treat it the same as any other costume. Then try a few more costumes after that.

After you have gone through at least 1 more costume with him, and If he seemed accepting or at least not grossed out by the diaper, try telling him you enjoyed the baby. If he seems to accepting of it, you may be free to try it more with him. he may accept you as you are without ever needing to know that its been your secret kink all along. For some reason, guys are more accepting of kinks you develope with them, than they are of kinks you had before them.
    But If he seems excited by it or encouraging of you doing it again, you might confess that you've had a kink for them for a while.

Of course, if he's grossed out by them, or so vanilla that you never get past the first costume, then its time to find someone more accepting of you. The good news is even if the number of boys who like girls who like diapers is 1 in a million, there are still thousands of them out there.

You're going to know your boyfriend a lot better than us and you're going to have a better idea of how he might react. I just know that if my SO ever needed/wanted to tell me something personal and important I'd want them to get my undivided attention and let me know it was something important, then try to tell me.

A couple thoughts for you. First, if you're four years into the relationship and it's concerning you this much, it's pretty clear that diapers are a part of you that - try as you might - are not going away. If you don't tell him you can expect your inner conflict to continue.

With that said, I have to agree with kwisy. You know your boyfriend better than anyone here, so think about what is the way that you communicate that shows him ultimate respect. For some that might be over a special meal. For others it might be during an intimate time. It could be doing something fun with him that he really enjoys. Do whatever it is that shows him ultimate respect.

While you are doing that, tell him there is something unique about you that he needs to know. Do not mince words. Do not hint or cut corners. And most importantly, make sure you are OK with it yourself, because the way you present it will affect the way he receives it. If you are all embarrassed about it, using words of self-shame, etc., not only is he going to be surprised by your message but he will also be extremely concerned about your welfare, and he might feel as though he is somewhat to blame or somehow guilty, too. If you present it rather as a fact - this is who you are and what you do and have done since you were a little girl, a part of you that makes you who you are, and a part of the very woman he has come to love, he is more likely to accept it.

If you don't want to get into the sexual aspect of it, you can simply tell him that you need to wear diapers sometimes because you are fighting leaks and diapers make you more comfortable and less stressed because you don't have to worry about wet pants and constantly trying to stay dry. That's what I have told my friends who have stayed at my home or in other situations where my diaper wearing is somewhat obvious. I'm not lying in any way, and they have all been very matter-of-fact and accepting because of how I presented it. You can tell him that you've tried going without diapers for him, but now you need them again, just like before you met him. You tried hard, but need has taken over.

If he's willing to grant you that much, then you have the option of telling him the rest sometime later. If he's not willing to let you wear diapers to meet your need, it might be time to re-evaluate your relationship.
    Openly, honestly, and calmly answer his questions and work with him on a plan for diaper wearing that meets your needs and his.

There is no easy way to tell anyone anything this personal. You are going to be embarrassed and uncomfortable if you do. But I believe that telling him is the right thing to do. I'm not really a fan of keeping secrets in relationships. I believe that if he truly loves you, he will accept you just the way you are, diaper fetish included.

Furthermore, you might consider telling him by writing a letter and just handing it to him, explaining it's important. This will cut down on some of the embarrassment of a face-to-face confession.

I think all the people here have nicked my words in saying what i wanted to say :
    but to be fair, it is best to be truthful so that they can learn about who you really are
    be strong and proud about who you are, and i am sure that you will have the courage to tell your boyfriend

~Lily-Ann

Well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by BachBrahms View Post
    A couple thoughts for you. First, if you're four years into the relationship and it's concerning you this much, it's pretty clear that diapers are a part of you that - try as you might - are not going away. If you don't tell him you can expect your inner conflict to continue.

With that said, I have to agree with kwisy. You know your boyfriend better than anyone here, so think about what is the way that you communicate that shows him ultimate respect. For some that might be over a special meal. For others it might be during an intimate time. It could be doing something fun with him that he really enjoys. Do whatever it is that shows him ultimate respect.

While you are doing that, tell him there is something unique about you that he needs to know. Do not mince words. Do not hint or cut corners. And most importantly, make sure you are OK with it yourself, because the way you present it will affect the way he receives it. If you are all embarrassed about it, using words of self-shame, etc., not only is he going to be surprised by your message but he will also be extremely concerned about your welfare, and he might feel as though he is somewhat to blame or somehow guilty, too. If you present it rather as a fact - this is who you are and what you do and have done since you were a little girl, a part of you that makes you who you are, and a part of the very woman he has come to love, he is more likely to accept it.

If you don't want to get into the sexual aspect of it, you can simply tell him that you need to wear diapers sometimes because you are fighting leaks and diapers make you more comfortable and less stressed because you don't have to worry about wet pants and constantly trying to stay dry. That's what I have told my friends who have stayed at my home or in other situations where my diaper wearing is somewhat obvious. I'm not lying in any way, and they have all been very matter-of-fact and accepting because of how I presented it. You can tell him that you've tried going without diapers for him, but now you need them again, just like before you met him. You tried hard, but need has taken over.

If he's willing to grant you that much, then you have the option of telling him the rest sometime later. If he's not willing to let you wear diapers to meet your need, it might be time to re-evaluate your relationship.
    Openly, honestly, and calmly answer his questions and work with him on a plan for diaper wearing that meets your needs and his.
    - - - Updated - - -

Good link for her too!

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    I'm sure you would have seen this but just in case you missed it.

There is some great advice in How to Tell Your Partner about Your AB/DLism (Advice from a non-AB/DL partner)