Thread: My AB/DL play and the advantages of having children

Default My AB/DL play and the advantages of having children

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately and I wanted to know if anyone else with children take advantage of the situation?

I have been a DL since at least the age of 4. My exploration of it really didn't start until I was a teenager. My enjoyment of it really didn't start until I was almost 30. I am now 43, married and I have a slightly older than toddler child (a girl). I told my wife almost 4 years ago (several years after the birth of my daughter). She took it as well as expected. We have been together over twenty years, and I think she quickly realized that I am who I am, she just now knows more. There were no feelings of anger or betrayal. However, she does not participate, nor does she really want to know how much I do.

The second part of the background is my ability to separate my AB/DL feelings and the raising of a child. The short answer is, no problem. Parenting seems to awaken the "maturity" gene in people (especially me) and I have been a loving and relatively normal parent. My daughter has no idea about my proclivities and I would like to keep it that way.

Ok, now to the point. I am not really a big-time AB. I love diapers, but I am not uninhibited enough to do any sort of role-playing. I like baby-ish clothing and I lean toward the babygirl thing, but diapers are where it's at. Since I have to play when everybody is out of the house (ie. today), I have been noticing how easy it is for me to play the role of a baby because of having a young child. Things are everywhere. Sippy cups, toys, bedding, stuffed animals, etc. You know things that a small child would have. The best part is that it's all here for me to use and I don't have to hide it! And bonus for me that it is mostly for a girl (even the lego is for girls, ).

(sorry I need a moment)

When I play with my daughter's stuff, it is always in the most innocent of ways, of course. I just have been taking advantage of the plethora of opportunities at my fingertips whenever possible.

It gets better, though. My daughter's TV watching habits have become my own. When she started watching My Little Pony:FIM, I didn't really pay much attention. Then she started asking me if I would watch with her. I am now hooked. The two of us talk about that show all of the time. My wife thinks it's hilarious, but she won't participate (her loss). Other shows have been equally interesting. Power-Puff Girls, Strawberry Shortcake, just about anything available on Netflix (we don't have cable). I have been a good dad and introduced her to some of the classics, but mine are all "boys" shows. She still likes them though.

The last thing is something that has just recently been added to the tapestry. My daughter is in some mode now where she joins us in bed in the middle of the night. Most parents are aware of this and it comes and gos. A couple of months ago she had a cold and joined us in bed. She began to cough and snore. I had to get up early the next morning, so I got up and fell asleep in her bed. When I woke up, I felt like I was in wonderland. All of the bright colors and fun things. It made my sleep the following night in my bed feel boring. I have been frequenting her room off and on now when she joins us, I tell my wife it's for the sleep (heh).

That's it. Just wanted to share and see if I am alone in this situation.

Back to watch Pinkie-Pie and the gang. She is so funny!

I don't have children myself, but I would often visit my mum and play with my baby sister, who was around a year old at the time. I'd get into the baby role with her as well, going so far as to sit with her in a playpen and allow my mum to 'baby' me. I saw how happy it made her, and my mum was glad that I was able to find time to spend with her. There's close to a twenty year difference between me and my sister, and one of the concerns my mum had was that I wouldn't be there to give her a big sister while she grew up.

My mum got into it the act as well, giving me bottles and pacifiers, feeding me lunch and whatnot. Just silly stuff. Whenever she changed my sister, she would take me to the nursery afterwards and pretend to change me as well, although I never wore a diaper there (My mum has no idea that I'm AB) so it was purely for show and my sister absolutely loved the idea that her big sister was a baby too.

She's three, coming on four years old now, so sadly my time playing baby with her has been finished for some time, but I look back on the time I spent with her happily. I feel that, if nothing else, being an AB gives unique insight into how a baby thinks, which can only be advantageous in raising a child.

Your wife won't spend time with her daughter doing kid stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDashley View Post
    I don't have children myself, but I would often visit my mum and play with my baby sister, who was around a year old at the time. I'd get into the baby role with her as well, going so far as to sit with her in a playpen and allow my mum to 'baby' me. I saw how happy it made her, and my mum was glad that I was able to find time to spend with her. There's close to a twenty year difference between me and my sister, and one of the concerns my mum had was that I wouldn't be there to give her a big sister while she grew up.

My mum got into it the act as well, giving me bottles and pacifiers, feeding me lunch and whatnot. Just silly stuff. Whenever she changed my sister, she would take me to the nursery afterwards and pretend to change me as well, although I never wore a diaper there (My mum has no idea that I'm AB) so it was purely for show and my sister absolutely loved the idea that her big sister was a baby too.

She's three, coming on four years old now, so sadly my time playing baby with her has been finished for some time, but I look back on the time I spent with her happily. I feel that, if nothing else, being an AB gives unique insight into how a baby thinks, which can only be advantageous in raising a child.
    That sounds like a wonderful time! I remember once when I was 4 I believe, I woke up and discovered my mom was babysitting my baby second cousin. I was excited, though I didn't get babied as well. My mom said years later I kept wanting to know if it was time to change her diaper. Nowadays I understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Your wife won't spend time with her daughter doing kid stuff?
    She absolutely does. Just not the television shows. Too much of a busy body. Great mom, though (to my daughter, I wish me).

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    That sounds like a wonderful time! I remember once when I was 4 I believe, I woke up and discovered my mom was babysitting my baby second cousin. I was excited, though I didn't get babied as well. My mom said years later I kept wanting to know if it was time to change her diaper. Nowadays I understand why.
    My mum told me once that she wasn't originally planning to baby me at all, and that she had given me a pacifier as a joke. When I ended up actually putting it in my mouth, she decided to run with it, because it was both cute and now had another embarrassing story to hang over my head.

That is so adorable about you and your cousin. My other sister, who's about a year younger than I am, grew up pretty much alongside me, so I never had that child-like wonder when it came to other babies.

CrinklySiren

This is very interesting to me. I've heard from many other AB's or Littles that being little gives them some kind of better understanding or connection with their children or other little kids... idk why I lack this. It kind of scares me and makes me wonder about the future as well as the past... when did i become Pedophobic? (thats an irrational fear of children, not to be confused with pedophilia) :S I remember when I was maybe 12, I went on a cruise with my parents and some friends of theirs, and they had the most adorable baby girl, I wanted to do nothing but spend time with her and play with her, she was just of the utmost adorableness (probably explains why I want to have a daughter when I decide to have kids) but something mustve happened between that point and now that made me grow a distance from children... I literally have this thought it my head that when I have kids of my own, my little side will disappear completely (of course this is most likely not true as this is not something that just poofs away) but I hear/see how others are so well around kids and I just am not I mean I have a nephew who loves me and always asks about me... but I was never present in his earlier years so i dont understand why he is so drawn to me at age 6 now... (and for some reason, kids past the age of 5 dont incite this irrational fear)

For some reason this only applies to my thoughts on any other kids besides my own >_> i dont know why but i feel like I will be a good parent.. i just dont know how to act in front/around kids.. i can treat my dog like my baby and i always do (in the sense of how I talk to them) but for some reason when I do it with a baby i feel weird.

Well hi all being a little/ab/df has its advantages I have a 2 year old niece which she will come next month her mom knows about my life style so my niece and me share the same room and both me and my niece gets changed by her mom we both suck pacifiers at night and get formula to drink and both get told a story b4 we go to sleep I just love it ^^