Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Default Hello Everyone!

I did read the cheat-sheet to writing a great introduction, but it just made me more afraid to mess up when writing it so I will just try to tell you a little bit about myself in the best way that I can.

My history with diapers began when I was a small child between the ages of 3-5, having to stay hospital over extended periods of time, being subjected to painful procedures, surgery etc.

This whole experience traumatized me greatly. Without going into the details of it all, during this time I found that my diapers were the only thing that felt familiar, safe, and comforting.

As far as I can remember I was always fascinated about diapers, and what they were used for, but about age 12 I discovered that I wanted to try diapers. I remember shoplifting a package of Pampers Phases Junior Size from the local grocery store. This is something I am ashamed of having done even to this day, but I was just so afraid of being found out that at the time it seemed the better option.

Later I found out that I had a little girl inside of me and would buy diapers for girls rather than boys when those were available. Found out that I liked pacifiers, cute and girlish things. Had my fair share of binge-purge cycles over the years, taking a lot of time to come to a point where I accepted myself.

Iíve been coming to this site every now and then, reading some of the tutorials and discussions that I found on here, but never really thought of taking the step of signing up for an account until just a little while ago. My main reason for wanting to join this community is because lately some really sad things has happened in my life, where right now I feel somewhat lost and confused, and would need some kind and gentle support. Having said that Iím hoping that Iíll be able to help others as well.

The diaper/little girl part of me is a pretty big part of me, but itís also a part of me that I do not want to show off to people. Itís something very private that I try to keep to myself as much as I can as itís not something that is easily talked about openly.

Also since sometime in 2012 I found myself becoming a Brony, though at first I felt like that was separate from me being into diapers and being a little girl inside. Now Iím not entirely sure how I feel about it anymore, but itís like enjoying MLP:FiM is something I do regardless of if I see it from my ďadult sideĒ or my ďchildish sideĒ. I just love it, and its positive message - regardless.

Iíve noticed that there seems to be a number of Bronies on this forum and Iím hoping that maybe Iíll get to know some of them at some point.

Aside from diapers Iíve always been into computers ever since I got my first computer at age 6. Iíve had Commodore VIC-20, C64, Amiga 500, and numerous PC Compatibles over the years. Also just a general tech geek, enjoying console gaming and having a decent collection of those too. PSX, Playstation2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Nintendo handhelds, XBOX360, and Playstation 3.

I mostly enjoy playing older games like the Sierra On-Line adventure games and Lucasart games that I grew up with, Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. Iím just generally into retro gaming a lot more than the modern games. I also have a love for aviation, anything that has to do with flyingÖ so I also mess around with Flight Simulator X.

Iím also into music. I enjoy playing the piano/keyboard/synthesizer which is something I started doing at an early age. Never did learn musical notation despite taking piano lessons in school, but playing by ear, and enjoying it very much. I also sing, used to sing in the school choir back when, and also used to be a member of a Gospel Choir, but now I just sing and record stuff for fun and as a creative outlet.

I also enjoy listening to a wide range of music from pop and rock to country music, smooth jazz, and fusion, all the way to J-Pop, Bitpop and Dubstep and everything in between, though I have to admit to not being a big fan of classical music.

Oh gosh! This came to be such a long introductionÖ If thereís something youíre still wondering about, please let me know. I hope that you will all treat me kindly here on the forum.

Welcome to the forums Julie. I think you'll find the support and guidance you're looking for here. My story is a bit similar to yours, I knew I had a fascination with diapers since childhood, but only recently decided I have a desire to wear. At 15 I began sucking my thumb out of stress, and then got pacifiers.

I also enjoy vintage gaming, particularly the Sonic franchise. And as you can tell from my avatar, I am a brony as well.

Again, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

hej LittleJulie,

/)*(\ and welcome to adisc of course! Don't be afraid, you didn't mess up your introduction, it's the exactly the other way around, you made a really great one!

I have to say, buying diapers at this age sounds really embarrassing! In this case I wished the ground would open and swallow me up. But you had the courage nonetheless, so nothing to be ashamed about, really ;).

Anyway, I guess most people can relate to your feelings. I can especially about the little part and that it's kinda hard and awkward to talk about this openly, somehow.
    If you ever got a question or are in a problematic situation, just ask and don't be afraid; this is a support community after all!

I'm curious, did you want to play all these instruments by your own by an early age already, or did perhaps your parents force you to play one at least?
    I guess I'm kind of asking this strange question, since my parents forced me to play piano in my childhood... and I didn't really want to. But today I'm glad, that i've learned to play it, anyway at least. ^-^

Oh I'm intrigued! What's your favorite bands and artists? Especially regarding J-Pop... Are you also listening to J-Rock, perhaps?

Ha det sŚ kul!

KimbaStarshine, thank you so much for your kind reply.
    It seems to me that this forum is a good place to be, and I'm very happy to hear from a fellow Brony!
    I was never really good at the Sonic games nor did I have a Sega system at the time. Actually the first
    and last Sega console I got my hands on was the Dreamcast (an amazing machine!)

About pacifiers, it's kinda funny because as a child I never wanted one, my mom told me that I used to spit
    it out whenever it was offered to me. I don't suck on a pacifier all the time, just sometimes when I feel sad,
    or when I feel stressed. It's a great way to relieve stress.

I've tried sucking my thumb but I just found it got wrinkled and smelly. The first pacifiers I tried was the MAM brand,
    but recently I've decided to stick with the NUK ones. Sadly where I live they don't sell those in the grocery stores, so
    to get them you have to order online or go to a speciality store for babies and children.

I have to say that I'm much more comfortable with one-on-one conversations than posting in forums (mostly because
    I'm not very good at it and also the number of postings in a thread and keeping track of everything can get a little bit
    overwhelming for me at times...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJulie View Post
    My main reason for wanting to join this community is because lately some really sad things has happened in my life, where right now I feel somewhat lost and confused, and would need some kind and gentle support. Having said that Iím hoping that Iíll be able to help others as well.
    Hi sweetie,

I am sorry that things are not so good for you lately, I am sure that you will get all the support and soft squishy huggles that you need.

I, alongside a lot of our other members I'm sure, will be your shoulder to cry on, should you need one.

The diaper/little girl part of me is a pretty big part of me, but itís also a part of me that I do not want to show off to people. Itís something very private that I try to keep to myself as much as I can as itís not something that is easily talked about openly.
    The good thing about this forum is that you only have to give as much as you want, and in return you get a whole lot more back!

I am here because I am incontinent, I am afraid to admit that I personally HATE my pads, but I am still non-judgmental of the guys here who are AB/DL/LG/etc etc because I never ever judge a book by its cover, even if the cover is out of this world amazing.

Also since sometime in 2012 I found myself becoming a Brony, though at first I felt like that was separate from me being into diapers and being a little girl inside. Now Iím not entirely sure how I feel about it anymore, but itís like enjoying MLP:FiM is something I do regardless of if I see it from my ďadult sideĒ or my ďchildish sideĒ. I just love it, and its positive message - regardless.
    I am afraid you have totally lost me on the "Brony" and "MLP:FiM", with not being into the fetishes/ways of life, I have no idea what the terminology means.

Aside from diapers Iíve always been into computers ever since I got my first computer at age 6. Iíve had Commodore VIC-20, C64, Amiga 500, and numerous PC Compatibles over the years. Also just a general tech geek, enjoying console gaming and having a decent collection of those too. PSX, Playstation2, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Nintendo handhelds, XBOX360, and Playstation 3.
    WOW! We had a Vic20 then a C64 when growing up, with the C64 we were very chuffed to upgrade to the 5 3/4 inch floppy drive, from the old faithful cassette tapes! We also had rather a basic dot matrix printer but it was great! I had a Commodore Amiga 1200 for Christmas, either when I was 16 or 17, I distinctly remember the 5odd "floppy" disks required to play one single game! Heheh

Currently, other than all our PC's I have a DS Lite, my children had the original DS each, and we bought a Wii not last Christmas, the Christmas before. My friend bet me it would end up barely used and she is right! Heheh

Iím also into music. I enjoy playing the piano/keyboard/synthesizer which is something I started doing at an early age. Never did learn musical notation despite taking piano lessons in school, but playing by ear, and enjoying it very much. I also sing, used to sing in the school choir back when, and also used to be a member of a Gospel Choir, but now I just sing and record stuff for fun and as a creative outlet.
    I loved playing keyboard and clarinet, I learned to read music at high school. I have never been able to master playing by ear and I both highly envy and admire those who can.

I also enjoy listening to a wide range of music from pop and rock to country music, smooth jazz, and fusion, all the way to J-Pop, Bitpop and Dubstep and everything in between, though I have to admit to not being a big fan of classical music.
    I also have eclectic tastes, but I differ from you in that I REALLY like Classical music, instrumental music only though, not crappy opera style music, bleugh!

I hope that you will all treat me kindly here on the forum.
    I have no doubts whatsoever that you will be treated kindly, the members here are truly a wonderful bunch. If they can make a weirdo like me fit in and feel more at home than on my own forum, I am sure they will offer that same warm and frienfly reception to your good self!

Kind regards,

CV x

KimbaStarshine, thank you so much for your kind reply.
    It seems to me that this forum is a good place to be, and I'm very happy to hear from a fellow Brony!
    I was never really good at the Sonic games nor did I have a Sega system at the time. Actually the first
    and last Sega console I got my hands on was the Dreamcast (an amazing machine!)

About pacifiers, it's kinda funny because as a child I never wanted one, my mom told me that I used to spit
    it out whenever it was offered to me. I don't suck on a pacifier all the time, just sometimes when I feel sad,
    or when I feel stressed. It's a great way to relieve stress.

I've tried sucking my thumb but I just found it got wrinkled and smelly. The first pacifiers I tried was the MAM brand,
    but recently I've decided to stick with the NUK ones. Sadly where I live they don't sell those in the grocery stores, so
    to get them you have to order online or go to a speciality store for babies and children.

I have to say that I'm much more comfortable with one-on-one conversations than posting in forums (mostly because
    I'm not very good at it and also the number of postings in a thread and keeping track of everything can get a little bit
    overwhelming for me at times...
    When it comes to pacifiers I'm the other way around. I was told I was rather fond of them as a baby. And at 15 the first ones I got were Nuk, but now I use the Mams. And I am a bit more addicted and sleep with mine nightly.

Don't be afraid, you didn't mess up your introduction, it's the exactly the other way around, you made a really great one!
    ... I'm really happy to hear that I did a good job on my introduction.

I have to say, buying diapers at this age sounds really embarrassing! In this case I wished the ground would open and swallow me up.
    But you had the courage nonetheless, so nothing to be ashamed about, really .
    Yeah it was very embarrassing to buy diapers back then, especially since I both felt and knew that I needed them, but couldn't explain even to myself why, and also knowing that people around me wouldn't approve of it either. Not to mention the problem of having to hide them from my parents. Once I remember bumping into a friend of mine while carrying a package of diapers that I bought, and I had come up with some excuse for why I bought them. Also I remember another time (when I was a little bit older) somehow I got in touch with a diaper lover on the net and he actually helped me buy diapers, and drove out to a place where we met up, I paid him and got my diapers... looking back at it today that was a risky thing to do... :-)

Anyway, I guess most people can relate to your feelings. I can especially about the little part and that it's kinda hard and awkward to talk about this openly, somehow. If you ever got a question or are in a problematic situation, just ask and don't be afraid; this is a support community after all!
    Yeah, about the little part of me it's like I am an adult and I feel like it, it's not like I'm "all little kid", but at the same time my inner child is still very much alive. Sometimes it's like it makes me feel so sad, because people don't understand. I can still feel happy the same way I did as a young kid, and I still hurt the same way as I did then when someone is mean even though I can look at things with "adult eyes", but sometimes it feels like it would just be nice to have some friend that would understand how I feel inside. I could talk a lot about this but I'm not sure if it's proper to do it in the introduction thread... maybe there's a better place for it - please let me know because I'm not very good at this stuff with forums and all....

I'm curious, did you want to play all these instruments by your own by an early age already, or did perhaps your parents force you to play one at least?
    I guess I'm kind of asking this strange question, since my parents forced me to play piano in my childhood... and I didn't really want to.
    It hurts to hear that your parents forced you to play the piano... My parents never did that to me. I was just always drawn to the piano, whenever I came to a place where they had a piano I would play with it and then I think at age 6 or 7 my parents bought me this old second hand piano and I just played on it and tried different things. Then I started taking piano lessons but I couldn't figure out the notation so I used my good ear instead. I managed to keep it up for about 2 years until the pieces got too advanced to remember. And then I was found out ... but luckily she didn't kick me out but instead she taught me accompaniment and chord variations and stuff like that. And I still love to play the piano/keyboard and/or synthesizer as well as singing. If I ever lost THAT I think I would die. A world without music to me is a world without life...

Oh I'm intrigued! What's your favorite bands and artists? Especially regarding J-Pop... Are you also listening to J-Rock, perhaps?
    If I have to pick ONE favorite it'd have to be Angela Aki - I just find her to be incredible. I've bought all of her CD's aside from the very latest one, but I'm looking to place an order for that one as well real soon. J-Rock I'm not so familiar with. Oh yeah I also love Junko Iwao she has such a gentle and soothing voice. Of course there are many others but ... those are at least two of my favorites.

hej LittleJulie, Ha det sŚ kul!
    ... Hmm? :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I was told I was rather fond of them as a baby. And at 15 the first ones I got were Nuk, but now I use the Mams. And I am a bit more addicted and sleep with mine nightly.
    I'd probably sleep with a pacifier every night too, but I'm honestly worried about what it'd do to my teeth. Also in my experience I seem to get a stuffy nose and sore throat quite easily when I suck my pacifier. Besides all of that I'm just thinking what about if I go stay with someone overnight ... if I'm used to having my pacifier every night then I'd miss it so much, so I'm guessing that's also another reason why I've choosen not to use a paci every night.

The reason why I'm not so much into the MAM pacifiers is mostly because I feel the nipple on them are just too small, even the maxi sized ones feels tiny in my mouth. I like the NUK Size 4 (?) ones. I managed to buy a whole box of those directly from NUK back when they still made them, though I don't know if I want the replacement (Medic Pro) as they're not childish anymore ... white/transparent plastic... So for now I stick with NUK Size 3, and the Size 4's that I still have...

- - - Updated - - -

Things are still a little crazy for me when it comes to posting as I basically don't have much of an idea what I'm doing not really used to this way of communicating, forums and all. Reading forums is one thing but posting in one .... well I hope I'll get the hang of it soon...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    Hi sweetie,

I am sorry that things are not so good for you lately, I am sure that you will get all the support and soft squishy huggles that you need.
    It certainly seems like this IS a very good place to be. As far as things not being so good at the moment let's just say that there's one BIG thing that happened just recently which is actually the reason why I choose to join this community at this moment, and then other, smaller things happening at the same time that made me hurt even more..

I think for now I'll hang back and try to get a feel for the forum and the people who are here and then I'll probably make a separate post in the right "sub-forum" for this "big thing"... it's a personal thing so I don't know... would you happen to know the right place to make such a posting here?

I, alongside a lot of our other members I'm sure, will be your shoulder to cry on, should you need one.
    ... I really truly do appreciate this... so much!

I am here because I am incontinent, I am afraid to admit that I personally HATE my pads, but I am still non-judgmental of the guys here who are AB/DL/LG/etc etc because I never ever judge a book by its cover, even if the cover is out of this world amazing.
    It's kinda funny that you would mention this because, even though I am DL/LG possibly also AB but not sure because the way these things work for me is a little complicated. I'd love to explain it but that's for another time....

Now the thing is even though I am DL/LG, about a year ago because of a lot of emotional stress I began wetting the bed. So I went to the doctor and she prescribed some adult pads for me. The Abena Abrisan Premium Size 11.

At first I wasn't comfortable with them. I've always only used childrens diapers before then as adult diapers reminded me of sickness, hospitals and that sort of thing. But as I began wearing these diapers I realized that they were more or less exactly the same kind of diaper I wore as a child.

Now things are better for me with the bedwetting though I still get diapers from the doctor. I've since gotten the Tena Comfort Maxi brand instead (not as good but they stopped offering the Abena ones!) and today I find myself wearing them when away from home. They make me feel so secure...

I guess what I wanted to say was for you not to feel bad about needing pads. They're there to help you when your body isn't working right.
    Hating them is as okay as it is to love them so try not to feel bad either way.

I am afraid you have totally lost me on the "Brony" and "MLP:FiM", with not being into the fetishes/ways of life, I have no idea what the terminology means.
    Bronies are mostly guys between the ages of ~12-45 who are fans of the new My Little Pony cartoon/series that started airing on The Hub ... 2010? I've been a part of the fandom since 2012 and it's been amazing for the most part. It's not a Fetish... it's I'd say comparable to Trekkies or fans of Starwars....?

Instead of me explaining it all if you would like, please check out the following...

Know Your Meme: My Little Pony - YouTube "Know your meme"
    Watch Familiar Faces #58: My Little Pony Retrospective: G4 | Familiar Faces Episodes | Animation & Comics Videos | Blip "Familiar Faces explains My Little Pony Friendship is magic"

WOW! We had a Vic20 then a C64 when growing up, with the C64 we were very chuffed to upgrade to the 5 3/4 inch floppy drive, from the old faithful cassette tapes!
    I only ever had the "datasette" for both VIC20 and C64, rememering playing Winter Games and loading up the events taking something like 5-10 minutes. Of course these days I can enjoy both C64 and Amiga stuff emulators on the PC which is good. I wish I could've kept my computers but living in an apartment I couldn't fit all the stuff in here...

...and we bought a Wii not last Christmas, the Christmas before. My friend bet me it would end up barely used and she is right! Heheh
    You could actually re-purpose the Wii and turn it into a very nice retro videogaming emulator. There are emulators for 8-bit NES, Sega 8 and 16-bit, Gameboy, SNES etc. out there. You can also use it as a DVD player/media player with the right homebrew software on it. I'm not going to go into the details of this but just Google "Wii" and "Softmod" and you'll find out more.

I learned to read music at high school. I have never been able to master playing by ear and I both highly envy and admire those who can.
    I'm the other way around, i wish I could've learned to read musical notation but I never really got the hang of it. Sadly for me even though people tell me that I play the piano very well I've never mastered playing it with fluidity in any key other than the key of C. This is because I have some issues with coordination and stuff... so I cheat and use the transpose function when I need to...

I'd love to let you listen to some of my piano improvisations that I've recorded, but I'm not sure how I can share because I'm concerned with privacy. We'll see... maybe you have some suggestion - that is IF you'd like to hear me play the piano...

Thank you so much CV for your warm welcome!!

Kind regards,
    LittleJulie.

I just noticed that for posting #7 several of the replies I wrote for those who responded to me got merged.
    Rather than being their own separate posting/reply which looks messy and confusing (to me at least).

Can someone please explain why this happened?

The replies seem to be separated by the text - - - Updated - - -

I apologize if things look messy and I kindly request your help in understanding what I did wrong/how I should post properly.

I just noticed that for posting #7 several of the replies I wrote for those who responded to me got merged.
    Rather than being their own separate posting/reply which looks messy and confusing (to me at least).

Can someone please explain why this happened?

The replies seem to be separated by the text - - - Updated - - -

I apologize if things look messy and I kindly request your help in understanding what I did wrong/how I should post properly.
    The forum automatically merges replies by the same poster if they are done within a certain timescale, I THINK it is the forum's way of stopping it look like spam messages etc.

The relevant posters that you replied to should get a pm telling them you quoted their post, and they can click on the link to take them to the instance where you quoted them, so they won't miss your reply.

Yeah it was very embarrassing to buy diapers back then, especially since I both felt and knew that I needed them, but couldn't explain even to myself why, and also knowing that people around me wouldn't approve of it either. Not to mention the problem of having to hide them from my parents. Once I remember bumping into a friend of mine while carrying a package of diapers that I bought, and I had come up with some excuse for why I bought them. Also I remember another time (when I was a little bit older) somehow I got in touch with a diaper lover on the net and he actually helped me buy diapers, and drove out to a place where we met up, I paid him and got my diapers... looking back at it today that was a risky thing to do... :-)
    Worst case scenario, I guess, if you run into a friend, while carrying a bag of diapers. Although it's easier to come up with something to tell, if it's just some baby diapers. May happen to everyone, at some point, if you usually end up walking home. I guess that's why I've been mostly running to my parents house in this case.
    And Huh... I have to say that's kinda risky, to meet with a stranger, just to get your diapers. But I suppose, that you trusted that person somehow?

Yeah, about the little part of me it's like I am an adult and I feel like it, it's not like I'm "all little kid", but at the same time my inner child is still very much alive. Sometimes it's like it makes me feel so sad, because people don't understand. I can still feel happy the same way I did as a young kid, and I still hurt the same way as I did then when someone is mean even though I can look at things with "adult eyes", but sometimes it feels like it would just be nice to have some friend that would understand how I feel inside. I could talk a lot about this but I'm not sure if it's proper to do it in the introduction thread... maybe there's a better place for it - please let me know because I'm not very good at this stuff with forums and all....
    You certainly can... surely. However you may get more answers, if you open up a new thread, regarding this ;).
    Anyway, I fully understand, that you want to share this part... or to talk about it with another person and that this person also accepts you this way. A desire we all share, more or less.
    And regarding your little side. It sounds for me like, it's simply a part of you, that's always there, right? So ultimately some things may feel different, for you, depending on how you see them, figuratively speaking, since it's kind of... always present.
    From my perspective, like you're saying: "looking at things with adult eyes, but still being hurt". I know this, though I mostly refer to it as "to rationalise things", since my little side is anyway, I guess, my emotional side... more or less.
    Anyway, this works... mostly, but in the end I may still be hurt nonetheless, regarding mean people or unfair things.
    Just speaking from my perspective...
    To "solve" this... I've got no clue. However I also didn't want that, since I'm simply that way. And so I think, it ain't bad that you may be hurt over mean stuff more often, from another perspective... though it may suck, I agree on that. ,_,

It hurts to hear that your parents forced you to play the piano... My parents never did that to me. I was just always drawn to the piano, whenever I came to a place where they had a piano I would play with it and then I think at age 6 or 7 my parents bought me this old second hand piano and I just played on it and tried different things. Then I started taking piano lessons but I couldn't figure out the notation so I used my good ear instead. I managed to keep it up for about 2 years until the pieces got too advanced to remember. And then I was found out ... but luckily she didn't kick me out but instead she taught me accompaniment and chord variations and stuff like that. And I still love to play the piano/keyboard and/or synthesizer as well as singing. If I ever lost THAT I think I would die. A world without music to me is a world without life...
    I absolutely agree on the last part! Although I could also say, it's a kind of drug for me. However it saves my soul...
    And I'm not mad at my parents... I've been in my childhood, really. But it's for the better, learning an instrument is always a good thing, in the end I like, what I've learned.

If I have to pick ONE favorite it'd have to be Angela Aki - I just find her to be incredible. I've bought all of her CD's aside from the very latest one, but I'm looking to place an order for that one as well real soon. J-Rock I'm not so familiar with. Oh yeah I also love Junko Iwao she has such a gentle and soothing voice. Of course there are many others but ... those are at least two of my favorites.
    I've heard J-rock at first... don't ask me why ^_-, but I suppose the simple reason is, that most anime, which I've watched at first, used more popular J-rock songs instead of J-pop.
    Angela Aki is great by the way. My favorite is still stereopony, but sadly the band-members separated in '12.

... Hmm? :-)
    Did I misread something? I thought that you're from sweden... or is my swedish that bad? Sorry if that's the case! ;_;