Thread: Onesie Measurement Question?

Question Onesie Measurement Question?

Hey guys!

So recently I've decided to take the plunge and invest in a onesie/bodysuit. Specifically, I'm looking at Easy Access Clothing, which seems to be a popular choice. The site itself lists only 'trunk length' as a required measurement.

I found out (via this article) what a trunk measurement is, and I *think* I may have my own measurement.

The problem is, the number came out to be 31"-32", just in between the small/medium options. This was really confusing, because I usually wear size large t-shirts.

Any advice for a complete newb when it comes to buying things like this? I would probably prefer a snugger onesie, simply to hold a diaper up better, but I didn't expect to be buying a size small like my measurements suggested.

Am I perhaps measuring the wrong way? I went from my collar bone to just between my legs.

Thanks much in advance!

The best thing to do is go by the measurement chart from the vendor you are thinking about ordering from. Some of them take their trunk measurement from the shoulder to the crotch.
    I have onesies from both Fetware and Baby-Pants. Their all mediums but the ones from Baby-Pants never shrank enough to come up tight enough to support my diaper. If I get anymore
    I will probably go with Fetware as their's are made in Canada versus China.

CrinklySiren

Always buy bigger, because you can wear clothing that is too big and you can get it tailored/shrink it in the wash, you cant do anything with clothes that are too small. I've ordered onesies from baby-pants according to my measurements and it was HUGE, but after 3 washes and high-heat drying, it fit perfectly :P

Do yall prefer Baby-pants for ordering onesies? Or can you recommend any other sites? I'm budgeting $30-40 for my first onesie ever, and it has to fit perfectly and be of good quality. Any recommendations? :-) I would really appreciate it

~Woof

Quote Originally Posted by WoofWoof View Post
    Do yall prefer Baby-pants for ordering onesies? Or can you recommend any other sites? I'm budgeting $30-40 for my first onesie ever, and it has to fit perfectly and be of good quality. Any recommendations? :-) I would really appreciate it

~Woof
    My recommendation would be to go to Wal-Mart and purchase a sewing measuring tape. Preferably one longer than 6 feet.

When measuring, wear a diaper. Take a waist measurement around the navel. Also measure yourself from front collar, through the legs, and end at the back collar. Measure your chest at the arm pits. Finally measure your legs from the crotch.

Then you can compare your statistics with the baby-pants measuring guide.

Baby-pants onesies run a little large and they fit through crotch loosely. If you want a more snug fit, I'd suggest ordering the onesie from XPMedical. They are stretchy and can fit over some rather large diapers and be able to shrink back down through a washing cycle. I've been having 2 onesies for about 5 years and put them through some wear and tear and they are still going strong. The elasticity is still functional.

Baby Pants has really soft onesies (Made of Organic cotton), but as aformentioned, they run a bit long. (I think it's because they recommend cloth diapers, which a bit...bulkier) Good for someone like myself, as I am taller than some, but if you're a generic 180lb 5'10" guy, probably not the best.

Babykins has the best fitting onesie I've found, with a unique 4 snap system. (These snaps are tough! Pure metal for once, and thin enough to not rub against one's legs)

XPMedical has the "Bodystockings" which are less cute, but very functional.

Amazon also has a few, but they tend to run small, and snag easily on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Hey guys!

So recently I've decided to take the plunge and invest in a onesie/bodysuit. Specifically, I'm looking at Easy Access Clothing, which seems to be a popular choice. The site itself lists only 'trunk length' as a required measurement.

I found out (via this article) what a trunk measurement is, and I *think* I may have my own measurement.

The problem is, the number came out to be 31"-32", just in between the small/medium options. This was really confusing, because I usually wear size large t-shirts.

Any advice for a complete newb when it comes to buying things like this? I would probably prefer a snugger onesie, simply to hold a diaper up better, but I didn't expect to be buying a size small like my measurements suggested.

Am I perhaps measuring the wrong way? I went from my collar bone to just between my legs.

Thanks much in advance!
    I had the same concern when I did it. I'd say get the medium as it sounds like we're similar body sizes. If it turns out to not fit Sandy (the owner) is really accommodating. I ended up getting the small then large all along she was recommending me the medium. She was spot on in the end and it is my favorite onesie.

I have a review for them that I posted a while back. Lemme see if I can find it...

Edit:

Found it:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=766692