Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online - ADISC group

Default Dungeons & Dragons Online - ADISC group

So, I'm putting together a group to play Dungeons & Dragons Online. (DDO.com)

This is a free-to-play online D&D MMO.

Currently playing, we have FruitKitty, Near and myself, Moo. We've all completed the tutorial quest, and done a few quests in Korthos to reach level 2.
    Alphacore has also expressed interest.

If you would like to join our adventuring party, reply here.

Some familiarity with D&D and/or MMO games is a plus, but not required.

Hmmm, it would give me a reason to get back into this game.

Consider my interest at it's peak

How does it work. Is it just another rehash of WoW? Will there be skype calls to tie in with game play?

Quote Originally Posted by Braddeh View Post
    Hmmm, it would give me a reason to get back into this game.

Consider my interest at it's peak
    So, best things to do to get involved in this group:
    (1) Send me your skype ID, so I can add you and confirm we can take you
    (2) Create a character on the server Thelanis.
    (3) Get yourself past the tutorial mission, and preferably with the first few quests (allowing you to get to the korthos island wilderness) complete.
    (4) Be online in the evenings (5-10pm central time) on sat/sun

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddeath View Post
    How does it work. Is it just another rehash of WoW? Will there be skype calls to tie in with game play?
    It is an MMO, but it is quite different to WoW.
    Pros:
    - Very fast travel - almost any quest entry door can be reached in minutes. Very little wasted time.
    - Great potential for amazing feats (fighters becoming unhittable, arcanes wiping out rooms full of monsters with a single spell, healers doing AOE stuff that heals allies and instakills undead, etc)
    - Quests are designed to be interesting and different - include puzzles, monsters immune to certain attacks, etc. Also, better storylines.
    - Varied character classes let you take almost any role imaginable.
    Cons:
    - It is an old game, the graphics aren't amazing.
    - The newbie zone is geared towards newbies who have no idea what they're doing, it takes an hour or two to get through this
    - You will occasionally encounter things that kill you dead almost instantly if you're not prepared - elite-level traps, enemy spellcasters, etc.
    - A willingness to read ddowiki, experiment, and even do a little math is necessary to really excel at this game
    - It is a co-op game, so sometimes your allies can do stuff which gets you all killed even if you've not done anything wrong. (aka: group comedy potential)

I've played a lot of MMOs (WoW, TSW, DDO, GW2, ROM, EVE, etc) and this is the only one I ever thought good enough to play for any length of time.

And yes, we have an ongoing skype call while we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    So, best things to do to get involved in this group:
    (1) Send me your skype ID, so I can add you and confirm we can take you
    (2) Create a character on the server Thelanis.
    (3) Get yourself past the tutorial mission, and preferably with the first few quests (allowing you to get to the korthos island wilderness) complete.
    (4) Be online in the evenings (5-10pm central time) on sat/sun
    I'm interested, but I don't have much experience with D&D. I do have a decent amount of experience with MMO's though. I currently only play Rift (which has similarities to WoW), but I've played other MMOs too.

Once the client finishes downloading I'll create a character on the mentioned Thelanis and see what I think. Will have to see if things work out, but I am interested. Moo, do you still have my skype ID?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    I'm interested, but I don't have much experience with D&D. I do have a decent amount of experience with MMO's though. I currently only play Rift (which has similarities to WoW), but I've played other MMOs too.

Once the client finishes downloading I'll create a character on the mentioned Thelanis and see what I think. Will have to see if things work out, but I am interested. Moo, do you still have my skype ID?
    Probably best if you send it to me.

I might be interested. I'm kinda busy with school but I maybe able to make time for it wow... this game is 10GB...going to take a few hours to download it

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    So, I'm putting together a group to play Dungeons & Dragons Online. (DDO.com)

This is a free-to-play online D&D MMO.

Currently playing, we have FruitKitty, Near and myself, Moo. We've all completed the tutorial quest, and done a few quests in Korthos to reach level 2.
    Alphacore has also expressed interest.

If you would like to join our adventuring party, reply here.

Some familiarity with D&D and/or MMO games is a plus, but not required.
    I'll give the game a try, with FFXIV: ARR set to be finally released in Aug this gives me something to do in the month between now and then.
    Since I still have other games to worry about I'll try and go Bard with Hum being my Race of choice, nothing really bad with Hum with Bard not like you get much for negative attributes. If i'm interested after giving it a try I'll send a message :3

I'm a human dual-wielding fighter. My IGN is Thundermax Stormbringer It was hard thinking of a name since it didn't let you use any special characters or numbers for making the name. I finished most of the quest. I'm level 2 and i'm ready to hit the next town after korthos.

Havenīt played an MMO for years... but my interest... you havz it!
    I think Iīll give it a try, and see if itīs worth being played.
    Shouldnīt take longer than... a day... or so.

Iīll let you know as soon as Iīve come to a decision, if thatīs okay :3

... By the way: Iīm silly, unreliable, and unable to complete simple tasks.
    Thatīs not a problem, is it?