Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the best baby diaper that I should use for a stuffer.

Default What's the best baby diaper that I should use for a stuffer.

I have been doing some research on this topic and I am stuck between pampers baby dry and pampers cruisers, in your opinion which one is better or have you used different baby diapers.

Thanks.

Fisher Price overnights are great. They are cute as well and swell big time.

Parents Choice is a good option for a little bit less money. Their size 6 is roughly comparable to Pampers Cruisers of the same size. The look is not bad either.

Cruisers come in larger sizes than Baby Dry (at least in my area you don't see Baby dry in sizes larger than 5), because they are designed for babies that have learned how to--literally--get around; so by this point the baby is expected to have grown quite a bit. In short, go with cruisers.

Generally speaking if you want the stuffer specifically for increasing pure capacity of your diaper than the smaller size baby diapers are the best option for you. The smaller sizes have a much higher sap to pulp ratio than the larger diapers because younger children wet frequently in small amounts, which the slow absorbing SAP can handle. The only reason diapers even have pulp is because while pulp has poor capacity, it absorbs liquid very quickly. This allows the larger diapers to hold floods and heavy wettings that are more common in adults without leaking everywhere. It also keeps the diaper feeling dry, some thing sap lacks completely.

As far as a specific diaper, It doesn't really matter as most of them have the same absorbing content. They just have differing tab and leak guard systems so if you are going to see the stuffer then a fun design is always nice.

I use Pampers Cruzers Size 7s when I can find them, I find its best to pull the back part of the adult diaper off (make a cut on it and stuff it on the outer part of the SAP/padding, then duct tape the hole/cut you made). This really helps extend the diaper and you have less of an issue with leaks than just putting it in the diaper itself with slits on its outer covering. I find it makes even a cheap drugstore diaper a whole lot more absorbent.

In Pampers, I'd suggest either Baby Dry 6 or Extra Protection 6 (hard to find -- try Target). Avoid Cruisers unless you intend to try wearing them as-is. Stretchiness is all they really have going for them, and size 7 is the same as a 6 in any other Pampers diaper. They also cost more, and in my experience are slower to absorb that the others due to being a bit thinner.

But if you're only looking for a stuffer, I'd actually suggest avoiding Pampers. Huggies Overnights 6 are tops for absorbency in my book, are a little thicker, and absorb much more quickly than any Pampers diaper. Like all Huggies diapers they're less stretchy and a tad shorter than Pampers, but that doesn't really matter for a stuffer.

Hello, the Huggies overnights really do hold a lot of urine. I just use those as a staffer in my adult babies diapers. You wouldn't believe how much they actually can hold. I just use the size for diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamommy View Post
    Hello, the Huggies overnights really do hold a lot of urine. I just use those as a staffer in my adult babies diapers. You wouldn't believe how much they actually can hold. I just use the size for diapers.
    I well have to agree with Indianamommy on this, though from my experience theyre not stuffers. If you can you should try and find this kind of diaper overall if you're even considering wearing a baby diaper but between those two I would have to lean towards the Pampers BD over the cruisers since as their name implies are meant to keep one more dry than lets say the cruisers lol.

As for Baby Diapers overall I recommend the Goo.N brand. Its a import but trust me theyre well worth it :I
    Last edited by Noodle; 05-Jun-2013 at 08:28. Reason: Didnt Read Title *Derp*

Between those diapers, Pampers Baby Dry without a doubt...they are thicker and IME better overall diapers.

mdivercity

totally agree that Baby Dry's 6 are best all around in that great#of diapers /$$ spent - cruisers you get less in a bag. Baby Dry's are super fast to absorb, they smell great!! and add a perfect amount of extra padding. My Fav's!!