View Poll Results: What is your view on Obama overall?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highly Approve

    6 6.38%
  • Approve

    12 12.77%
  • Somewhat Approve

    12 12.77%
  • Somewhere in the Middle

    6 6.38%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

    10 10.64%
  • Disapprove

    18 19.15%
  • Highly Disapprove

    27 28.72%
  • No Opinion

    3 3.19%
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 103

Thread: Approval/Disapproval of Barack Obama

  1. #1
    June

    Default Approval/Disapproval of Barack Obama

    Gallup polls have, over the past few months, put Obama's approval rating between about 47-52%. He seems to have a mixed opinion from the public. I'm very curious to see ADISC's opinion on the US's current president. If you have the time, please expand on your choice.

  2. #2

    Default

    As an outsider, my opinion probably isn't as important, but in any case here goes. I like Obama as a person, he seems a nice guy and is the sort of chap I wouldn't mind having a beer with, he's personable and friendly. Him being president is a tad different however. I think he wants to be loved by everybody and is trying to appease everyone, which to be honest is practically impossible and as a result, his governance perhaps is suffering.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SterlingArcher View Post
    As an outsider, my opinion probably isn't as important, but in any case here goes. I like Obama as a person, he seems a nice guy and is the sort of chap I wouldn't mind having a beer with, he's personable and friendly. Him being president is a tad different however. I think he wants to be loved by everybody and is trying to appease everyone, which to be honest is practically impossible and as a result, his governance perhaps is suffering.
    Ditto.

    He's a nice guy for sure and he'd be cool to hang out with. He's not the greatest president and he isn't the worst, the fact that he is black seems to overshadow a lot of what he does because I believe that if he was white he wouldn't be such a memorable president. He's kept some promises and broken others but what president hasn't? America and the world is in a difficult position at the moment and he's done an alright job but not the best that he could, if he didn't have such vehement opposition to everything he wants to do then he would probably be better (or worse depending on how things would turn out).

  4. #4

    Default

    If he gets us out of this last war I'm going to hug him. Considering how pinned in he's been these past five years his achievements are remarkable.

    Hugs
    Mary Beth

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Ditto.

    He's a nice guy for sure and he'd be cool to hang out with. He's not the greatest president and he isn't the worst, the fact that he is black seems to overshadow a lot of what he does because I believe that if he was white he wouldn't be such a memorable president. He's kept some promises and broken others but what president hasn't? America and the world is in a difficult position at the moment and he's done an alright job but not the best that he could, if he didn't have such vehement opposition to everything he wants to do then he would probably be better (or worse depending on how things would turn out).
    Listening and doing for one side is also a big deal. Politics are crazy these days. Reps are for reps and dems are for dems. One side says yes, one side says no, nothing good comes out of it. If the electoral college disappears, the country may be better off.

    The house senators are also worthless. How can one voice speak for everyone, when we all have different opinions.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Gallup polls have, over the past few months, put Obama's approval rating between about 47-52%. He seems to have a mixed opinion from the public.
    He's been in that range for quite a long time now, and it really only made concrete movement during the election cycle when the parties spent a billion dollars to manipulate public opinion. As with nearly all Presidents, it'll degrade a few points slowly and surely until the end of his second term, then jump up a bit. It won't deviate from this save for news on the scale of singlehandedly stopping or causing a tornado a la Moore.

  7. #7

    Default

    No idea how anyone can "approve" of a president who thinks it's perfectly OK to have secret laws justifying the assassination of American citizens without judicial process.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    No idea how anyone can "approve" of a president who thinks it's perfectly OK to have secret laws justifying the assassination of American citizens without judicial process.
    Given that the US government has been assassinating people who aren't American citizens for years, it's really just a logical progression.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    Given that the US government has been assassinating people who aren't American citizens for years, it's really just a logical progression.
    The important part of that is that both the legislation justifying the substitution of some internal process for the judicial process and the internal process itself (if it even exists) are classified. There is no place for secret laws in a democracy. Obama ought to be impeached.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    The important part of that is that both the legislation justifying the substitution of some internal process for the judicial process and the internal process itself (if it even exists) are classified. There is no place for secret laws in a democracy. Obama ought to be impeached.
    As far as I understand it, it's not a secret law or legislation, it's a secret legal opinion by the administration's lawyers...

    I think the important part is that the practice of successive American governments to have people killed when it suits their purposes - judicial or extra-judicial it's the fact that people end up dead when they don't need to that's worrying.

    As a foreigner it's especially galling that Americans are only angry about this now that it's happened to an American citizen. Everyone else on the planet has had to live with the fact that if we cross the US government they might try and have us killed for decades - welcome to the party.

Similar Threads

  1. Disapproval of the Public
    By TenSwords in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-Sep-2011, 08:10
  2. Barack Obama's address to students
    By Gaius in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-Sep-2009, 01:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.