Thread: my day so far

Default my day so far

so yeah at 6:00 Am i woke up to a wet bed two soaking wet kids and 3 ft standing water in my room. got out of bed went to circut breeakers to kill the main breaker after that DES was pounding on my door with a national guard truck offering evac. apparently i slept through one hell of a storm last night. had 4 1/2 ft water outside the house from the multiple creeks in the area over flowing. not a good day so far.

Smile

Gasp! You slept through all that, despite two wet (and presumably somewhat unhappy) kids?! Don't kids come with some kind of automatic built-in alarm system that could raise the dead?!

It reminds me of the day that a huge tanker crashed into the building next door, spilling hazardous chemicals all over the road. I opened the front door to find the whole street two inches deep in white foam and cordoned off only to be shouted at to get back inside! Slept through the whole incident, even though my windows (other side of the flat) were open...

I hope you & your kids are okay and any nothing important has been damaged (and that you have nice insurers...).

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Gasp! You slept through all that, despite two wet (and presumably somewhat unhappy) kids?! Don't kids come with some kind of automatic built-in alarm system that could raise the dead?!

It reminds me of the day that a huge tanker crashed into the building next door, spilling hazardous chemicals all over the road. I opened the front door to find the whole street two inches deep in white foam and cordoned off only to be shouted at to get back inside! Slept through the whole incident, even though my windows (other side of the flat) were open...

I hope you & your kids are okay and any nothing important has been damaged (and that you have nice insurers...).
    the older one had to wade through little over waist deep water (atleast for him) carrying the little one as the water was deeper than he was tall. they were the ones that woke me up. im used to sleeping in a pool as i did for years in Arizona so water didnt bother me too much.
    Shouldn't be too much damage as all the furniture is made of metal all the electronics or wall mounted well above 3 ft

the things I'm worried about the Most are my Mustang in my Capri drag car both are carburated so chances are they both took a big gulp of water
    Last edited by w0lfpack91; 02-Jun-2013 at 00:54.

and it all happened in 3 hours, almost 10 in. of rain