Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joined Fetlife! :-) you should too!

Default Joined Fetlife! :-) you should too!

I finally joined Fetlife! I look forward to adding some of you, especially if you're in my area.

Find me:
    DiaperWoof

^-^

Who else is on Fetlife? Being ABDL, how was your experience using that site?

Mixed. People here are also pretty close minded and self-hating at times, but on fetlife it is a lot worse. People on fetlife can be really mean and clicky. If you were to say Your abdl is a lifestyle instead of a fetish expect to be harrassed and possibly banned. I made an account and lurked for a while. I gave up after reading the mean posts.

I am also on Fetlife, and have had a mix of good and bad encounters. Not helped by the fact that the Indiana ABDL scene is pretty much dead.

Hmmm... well I've joined my local city ABDL group. Our city does not have a regular munch, which is astonishing!
    So Im single handedly attempting to organize at least one summer munch for the San Antonio area :-)
    I was up for hours personally messaging and friending some of the ageplay/abdl fetishists in my city. Most seem pretty excited to finally get our city's ABDL community connected. We're still very early in the planning stages, so the munch might not be for awhile..
    But I'm really loving this task of organizing my city's scattered troops :-) it can be hard and ostracizing being an ABDL, so I want them to know they belong and they matter in my city :-)

There's some good people on there, but a lot of the groups are either unmoderated or inactive. When they are active, they're teeming with either neurotic types or creepers. And between the discussions and pictures, I just can't shake the feeling a lot of it is just one popularity contest to see who can accumulate the most friends, comments or picture 'loves'.

I find it very impersonal as well. But that's just me. Some people fit in rather well there, and good on them. Honestly, I'm on Fetlife almost exclusively for the good, consistent supply of fapping material.

I've noticed on fetlife AB/DLs are more closed minded about the diaper and baby stuff. They compare it to sex and think wearing a diaper out in public is exposing your fetish and think you are doing it to get a thrill of trying to get caught. I call it projection. It's more sexual for them so they see it differently and project it on other AB/DLs who don't always find it sexual. They also have a beef about wearing diapers around your kids and the only exception is if you are incontinent.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Mixed. People here are also pretty close minded and self-hating at times, but on fetlife it is a lot worse. People on fetlife can be really mean and clicky. If you were to say Your abdl is a lifestyle instead of a fetish expect to be harrassed and possibly banned. I made an account and lurked for a while. I gave up after reading the mean posts.
    Just playing devils advocate here... People who have diapers as a fetish and not as a lifestyle don't really get to enjoy having a site that is specifically related to the sexual fetish part of it. Fetlife is the closest thing to it. So when people come in and are all killing the sexual vibe, it can be very disconcerting. After all, there are plenty of non sexual websites like Adisc.

Edit: I do get the impression here that if you say abdl is a fetish instead of a lifestyle, there will be harassment and possible ban as well. That's just the feeling I get from reading posts...
    Last edited by crinklekitty; 01-Jun-2013 at 18:28.

I'm mainly just on there to organize a munch. :P
    If I can get even a dozen people to show up, that would be cool. After that, they can feel free to shun/ban/burn my house down or whatever. But for the most part, these seem like lonely, non-raper people.

Quote Originally Posted by crinklekitty View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here... People who have diapers as a fetish and not as a lifestyle don't really get to enjoy having a site that is specifically related to the sexual fetish part of it. Fetlife is the closest thing to it. So when people come in and are all killing the sexual vibe, it can be very disconcerting. After all, there are plenty of non sexual websites like Adisc.

Edit: I do get the impression here that if you say abdl is a fetish instead of a lifestyle, there will be harassment and possible ban as well. That's just the feeling I get from reading posts...
    I just wanted to correct a small misunderstanding. ADISC is a support site and as such isn't for hooking up or getting off, etc. The format can be somewhat restrictive at times but there's really nothing to stop anyone from having a discreet discussion about an adult topic. While under a broad definition, even non-sexual ABDLs can be classified as having a fetish, I would say it's more trouble than it's worth to push that line. It's a fetish or kink for me first and foremost and I'm certainly not the only one. We still share things in common with the lifestylers. A little sensitivity on both sides is a big help.

I'm on there! Fozzywulf - I Haven't had any problems there.