Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Anyone Unhappy With Any Jobs

  1. #1

    Default Anyone Unhappy With Any Jobs

    It seems that I can never find a job that I am actually happy and can stick with, without eventually hating everything about it. I've grown to hate every job that I've had. I actually struggle with keeping a job more than a couple of years. I don't know what it is but, it's like the same thing everyday gets old, the people get more and more aggravating to be around. I eventually blow up or just quit without warning.

    I really have no idea what I would actually like to do for a living. I've exhausted many different trades, I've been through the cycle so many times. How do some people go through their entire lives with very few jobs just baffles me. Doing the same thing year after year and not be so bored and aggravated with other people that you work around.

    It's there anyone else like me, or if you've held the same job more than 5 years, how?

  2. #2

    Default

    At least you can find more than one job...I would kill to find another job that pays decent.

    Anyway, I just hit year 6 at my job, Started in 07, I never saw myself keeping it for this long, I keep saying I am going to move onto something better, that that something better never comes. I've stuck with it, because I keep hoping it will get better or pay better. I have my review coming up soon and have hopes of getting a pay raise. If it does not happen, then I might start looking out of state for a career.

    Don't get me wrong though, I love my job and most of the people I work with. Other days I completely hate it. I don't get weekends off or Holidays for that matter, no Holiday pay and no overtime. I work midshifts, so I don't have a morning or evening.

    I make 9.15/hour at 35-40 hours a week. The only plus side is I work across the street and get to walk to work.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hate bad bad payed jobs. Where I've more than 1500/month or more, so I try to conserve that job. Another thing is actually there's no any job to get... So I changed to be autonomic: Street artist (bad payed, but no fucked boss there.) Some times freaks me some cops, but isn't very frecuent.

  4. #4

    Default

    I've hated every job I've had two. A couple of jobs I enjoyed for a few months, but eventually got tediously dull or stressful and drove me crazy...

    I can't understand people who say they enjoy their job... Sometimes they even appear to be telling the truth, but I don't see how it's possible!

  5. #5

    Default

    I have no problem with my job except that it's a bitch to stand up for hours without sitting down and even before my shift ended, my legs kinda tire.

  6. #6

    Default

    I never held a job for more than 2 years, I got made redundant from three of them, the only one that looked promising, I fell pregnant with my Daughter, (I was on the pill!) so that pulled the plug, I could have gone straight back to work when I gave birth, but I wanted to be her Mummy, not someone she sees of an evening and weekends.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I can't understand people who say they enjoy their job...
    it's not work if you enjoy it

    i'm of the view that you're not paid to like work, you're paid to work.
    the same idea extends to the people at work: you're not paid to like them.
    learning to take/accept this made things much easier, for me. and once accepted, you can pretty much do any work, with anyone and not get so stressed about it.

    a very summarized similar view was told to me by my platoon sargeant (i think it was popular at the time): life's a bitch, then you marry one, then you die.
    once you accept that, anything else is a bonus.

  8. #8

    Default

    So that gives a right to employers to treat their employees like garbage?

    I tend to try to pick up the pace as I'm making a system to work at a good pace.

    It seems that employers keep taking advantage of me putting unfair amounts of work load compared to other employees. All of a sudden I'm the scapegoat for everything including the responsibility. It's almost like a trend then it reaches down to the employees and they try to take advantage of me.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    It seems that I can never find a job that I am actually happy and can stick with, without eventually hating everything about it. I've grown to hate every job that I've had. I actually struggle with keeping a job more than a couple of years. I don't know what it is but, it's like the same thing everyday gets old, the people get more and more aggravating to be around. I eventually blow up or just quit without warning.
    I cannot overstate enough how much I can relate to this. I always need to keep moving - a constant need to keep progressing and become more skilled. I can't stand doing the same thing for any longer than 6 months. I feel as if I'm wasting away and not progressing in life. I need to change my duties or change my job. I've resigned from perfectly good jobs and left behind some amazing coworkers simply because I grew to hate it. I don't know why I do, but I suspect nitpicking and escalating tiny annoyances to full-blown job-shattering pains has a lot to do with it.



    Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I really have no idea what I would actually like to do for a living. I've exhausted many different trades, I've been through the cycle so many times. How do some people go through their entire lives with very few jobs just baffles me. Doing the same thing year after year and not be so bored and aggravated with other people that you work around.
    I guess if you have the mindset work to live, don't live to work then it might make things easier. But I'm a firm believer that everyone is entitled to a job they enjoy. Work shouldn't have to be a burden, especially not in modern times when there is such a wide range of jobs out there and opportunities to get skilled.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Oateson View Post
    I cannot overstate enough how much I can relate to this. I always need to keep moving - a constant need to keep progressing and become more skilled. I can't stand doing the same thing for any longer than 6 months. I feel as if I'm wasting away and not progressing in life. I need to change my duties or change my job. I've resigned from perfectly good jobs and left behind some amazing coworkers simply because I grew to hate it. I don't know why I do, but I suspect nitpicking and escalating tiny annoyances to full-blown job-shattering pains has a lot to do with it.



    I guess if you have the mindset work to live, don't live to work then it might make things easier. But I'm a firm believer that everyone is entitled to a job they enjoy. Work shouldn't have to be a burden, especially not in modern times when there is such a wide range of jobs out there and opportunities to get skilled.
    My job history has a lot of different jobs. It seems that eventually that it will be too many jobs that people wouldn't take the time to blink at me eventually.

    I'm always looking for something new and refreshing, perhaps challenging. I also can't just stay at one place too long. Maybe it's a disorder or something.

    I currently drive 18 wheelers for a horrible company that couldn't care less about its drivers. They don't want us idling their trucks. They do nothing to keep us comfortable at night. It's like they expect me to sweat all night and actually fall asleep. Then they expect me to drive after. They put a little 4 inch fan that couldn't keep a fly from having a heat stroke. Their equipment is beyond its years of service. We are legally responsible on the road for all of the trailers that look rather disgusting.

    The management treats you as if you were a child. They talk to you like if you have no clue. If you ever dive for a company, never drive for Swift. You will regret it.

Similar Threads

  1. First jobs?
    By Wishbones in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 19-May-2013, 04:01
  2. Summer Jobs
    By Mandy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16-May-2010, 03:12
  3. Dirty Jobs Feb 03
    By Valentine in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-Feb-2009, 20:50
  4. *B/DLs and Retail Jobs
    By Pramrider in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2008, 07:37
  5. Jobs...
    By weswissa in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2008, 05:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.