Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Anxiety

Default Buying Anxiety

I have always been the one in my relationship to be able to walk up to a store clerk and buy Diapers for me and my man but he has always been kinda reserved and kinda hide behind. So I ask is there a difference in confidence for male verses females?

I think for anyone it can be pretty scary about purchasing diapers. Maybe because females have to buy tampons etc... it doesn't really affect them as much considering it is just another one of those things.

I doubt it's based on the sex of the buyer. I would theorize that it has more to do with your late and conscious adoption of the ABDL thing rather than having all the angst and guilt associated with deviant desires from a young age.

It also varies by person and with experience. I had a lot of anxiety connected to buying in stores, but I did so periodically, starting at around age 11-12. Eventually, I stopped caring much about it. That appears to be the norm, but some never shed that buyer's anxiety.

Hi babyluvr0106.

Interesting topic you bring up there. As I am sneaking up to almost 2 decades of this community I will say that what I have seen, read, and experienced, I do think the female gender appear to have/show less concern when picking up diapers in stores. Again, just in my experience. Perhaps us (straight) guys are too focused on projecting an image of being tough and cool (to impress the ladies!) and therefore more worried about being spotted carrying a bag of adult diapers in public... No idea.

Will be curious to see what others think.
    Andrew

Some people just seem to be more self-conscious than others when it comes to this stuff. I'm male, and I shed my fear of buying diapers in person when I was 13 years old. Then again, that was in the late 1980's. There was no such thing as ordering online. There were no prepaid VISA cards, UPS Stores, etc. If you wanted to buy diapers, you went to the store and bought them in person.

It may not be the case in this instance, but if there is a pattern to this stuff, then I'd guess that it's mostly generational. Those who have never known a world without email and text messages seem to be altogether more shy in person. And when you've got a kink like this that lends itself to being closeted, it's certainly tempting to do your buying online.

Off topic but I read the thread title as buying anxiety as in you buy the feeling from someone so you can have it.

Now on topic, I used to get real nervous buying diapers. Now I have gotten so used to it, I don't get that fear anymore. I can even walk in the parking lot carrying the packs without having them in any bag. I actually did that at Goodwill and I told the cashier I will just carry them in my arms than carry four paper sacks. None of the bags they had were big enough to carry all the packs in them or more than one. Each bag could only fit one.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Off topic but I read the thread title as buying anxiety as in you buy the feeling from someone so you can have it.
    Ha ha! I read it that way too! It took me a moment to realise what was meant. I was wondering if I could sell some of mine -- I have far more than I need!

I'm not sure if there is a difference in anxiety levels between men and women when buying diapers... But if there is, maybe women are more likely to see themselves as potential caregivers (i.e. mummies). Women are more likely than men to be nurses, for example. Maybe that, combined with having to buy feminine sanitary products reduces the feeling of weirdness/anxiety when buying them compared to the average bloke...?

But I like Trevor's theory too:

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I doubt it's based on the sex of the buyer. I would theorize that it has more to do with your late and conscious adoption of the ABDL thing rather than having all the angst and guilt associated with deviant desires from a young age.

Thanks for giving me some insight i have just been wondering why he who has been a DL for so long and he has anxiety about buying them but i can without. And the whole caregiver thing never crossed my mind. I suppose that could be why im so confident.

I've been buying online ever since I moved out of my parents house, however when I was 16, 17 and 18 I would get real nervous about buying.

I figured CVS / Walgreens were the best place to buy, right before closing. The odds of someone I know were slim, but the odds of someone else being in there were slim too. I was able to wear pampers and luvs then, so I would go in, grab the diapers, then usually something like chapstick and a drink... just so I'm not buying just diapers. I always had a plan of what I would say if someone questioned me, I would use the excuse that my mom wanted me to pick them up for my sister. (Seems generic, but it's a great excuse, these people don't know you or who your family is)

Knowing I had a decent alibi, I would try to be as confident as I could, maybe slightly annoyed too that I was having to waste my time to buy my "sister" diapers. Most of the time I would get in and get out quick, and honestly thinking back on it, it was so easy. After the first one or two times of doing it, I stopped getting a racing heart, I stopped blushing and I acted like it was normal. And honestly it was.

Now if I want to buy some diapers in my size, I normally use the self checkout at walmart to get some depends or assurance. Yeah, there are more people there, but I get in and get out, haven't had an issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunslingerGreg View Post
    I've been buying online ever since I moved out of my parents house, however when I was 16, 17 and 18 I would get real nervous about buying.

I figured CVS / Walgreens were the best place to buy, right before closing. The odds of someone I know were slim, but the odds of someone else being in there were slim too. I was able to wear pampers and luvs then, so I would go in, grab the diapers, then usually something like chapstick and a drink... just so I'm not buying just diapers. I always had a plan of what I would say if someone questioned me, I would use the excuse that my mom wanted me to pick them up for my sister. (Seems generic, but it's a great excuse, these people don't know you or who your family is)

Knowing I had a decent alibi, I would try to be as confident as I could, maybe slightly annoyed too that I was having to waste my time to buy my "sister" diapers. Most of the time I would get in and get out quick, and honestly thinking back on it, it was so easy. After the first one or two times of doing it, I stopped getting a racing heart, I stopped blushing and I acted like it was normal. And honestly it was.

Now if I want to buy some diapers in my size, I normally use the self checkout at walmart to get some depends or assurance. Yeah, there are more people there, but I get in and get out, haven't had an issue yet.
    I did a similar thing as well in the past, and I never had any issues when it came to buying adult diapers in person (few people were around, and the cashier had no idea who I was); I never actually had to use an alibi. I now buy online, but this is mainly due to being able to find better quality diapers, not because of anxiety issues or the like.

Anxiety over buying is most likely universal, and I do not know of any evidence stating that one sex is more anxious than the other when it comes to such things.