Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally deviced to get a 3DS.

Default Finally deviced to get a 3DS.

I got the XL verison since Target had a 3DS console sale of like 25-30 dollars off. I didn't get any 3DS games for it though yet. However I had 220 nintendo coins so I spent 150 on the 3D verison of Excitebike, the NES game I loved as a kid.

the 3D on that game is okay, but nothing as impressive as the real 3DS games.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 31-May-2013 at 09:24.

Glad to hear you decided to get one. While there are some mediocre games in the mix, there are certainly some fantastic 3DS games out there. One game I do suggest you get when it comes out is the new Animal Crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    Glad to hear you decided to get one. While there are some mediocre games in the mix, there are certainly some fantastic 3DS games out there. One game I do suggest you get when it comes out is the new Animal Crossing.
    Putting a revolver to the roof of my mouth has always seemed more exciting then Animal Crossing. It's not a bad series, I can see why some people like it. To me, Harvest Moon has been the better franchise.

But right now, if I had to pick any one game I'm guess it would be KH: Dream Drop Distance or one of the mario/mario land games. If my friend didn't live 50 miles away and come down so rarely, I'd get him to buy Dream Drop let him play ti first with my 3DS and then loan me the game till he get's his on black friday.

I know it´s just an old DS game, but I highly recommend 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.
    Definitely one of the best handheld games ever (well, at least if you like that kind of horror-thingy).

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHare View Post
    I know it´s just an old DS game, but I highly recommend 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.
    Definitely one of the best handheld games ever (well, at least if you like that kind of horror-thingy).
    I played it for the first 20-30 mins. Right now I just need to get a DSTwo card so I can keep playing GBA games. Yeah... let's go with that. <_>

Deciding factors were target's sale and snapped DS Phat.

There are a few pretty good titles for the 3DS, "Heroes of Ruin" is a pretty good one. It also has online multiplayer functions, although it seems like not as many people play it now as there used to be. It has a good story line and some pretty epic battles.

I'm currently waiting for pokemon X and Y to be released in October. They will be the first fully 3D games for the series. I've heard good things about the Mario family of games as well.

-Ron

I'm also waiting for X & Y, than I'll buy a bundle with a themed 3DS, if can get my hands on one hopefully ^_^. Haven't had a theme based Nintendo handheld since the Pokémon Yellow themed GBC.

Anyway, if you're into turn-based strategy games, check out "Fire Emblem: Awakening", it's well made.

I thought Super Mario 3D Land was really cool.
    Also enjoyed New Super Mario 2, Zelda OOT 3D and Mario Kart 3D.

I'd reccomend the new Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus Uprising. Both are great games

I sincerely hope nobody takes a recommendation for Kingdom Hearts: Daddy Daughter Day seriously. That game was a mess...