Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Diaper Trip

popped34

Default First Diaper Trip

I live with my parents and haven't had any chances to buy diapers since I don't have a car. Lately, I have had some really strong urges to wear diapers, so I think I am just going to man up and bike to the nearest store which happens to be Kmart. It is only about a mile away from my house so I think I should be fine with the distance. My question is... What should i get because i doubt that i will have very many chances to do this? I was going to buy Goodnites L/Xl because i have a 27 inch waist and want them to be as DISCREET and quiet as possible so i can maybe where them around my parents. Should I get other things like pacifiers or anything else? If they don't have Goodnites what do you think would be the next best thing? I know they don't have any size 7 baby diapers, only size 6. They also have Pull up training pants, but i don't know if they will fit.

Wow, this is like my exact same situation. Can't give you any advice on what to buy, but I wish you the best of luck in your quest!

Well the stores are probably closed by this time, hope you guys found something suitable

well, the pampers baby dry size 6 stretches just enough to close on my my ~34 inch waist, I'd say you'd have no problem. However, you should take a look at cottontail's chart. (I can't link you because I'm on my DS, but I'm sure you've seen cottontail around and can look through albums)

They should have Goodnites. They might even have Underjams. Going for baby diapers like Pampers won't be very functional. They'll leak on the first wetting. Capacity is very small. If that's good enough for you, then do it.

1 mile isn't far at all, especially on a bike. Bring a backpack with you. Go to another store and find something better for you.

popped34

There is also a cvs about a mile down from kmart, though. Do you think they would have a better selection?

I've found that stores' selections can vary wildly, what one CVS has, another might not. Since you have a bike, you could probably stop by both stores, check out their selections, and be home in less than 30 mins. If you've never bought before, you'll probably want to know where they are, as I certainly remember being very nervous the first few times I bought them (eventually you realize that the clerks couldn't care less what you buy).

Pampers Underjams are the best diapers. I am 145lbs with a 29"-30" waist they are quite. I fill it up with a full bladder when standing and the back is still dry. I could go again. Sometimes after they are full I turn the diaper around and go again. They are going to be full and heavy, fun though. The sides are bad so if you put them on be careful. If you wear them for long or at night the sides do tear. I wear a onesie with them. I can not say enough about the underjams. Do not pay attention to the weight on the package, they will fit more.

I have the same waist size as you and I would get goodnites. I still wear them from time to time. Now for your other option you can get is pampers size 7, "if you find them in your store". I wear these from time to time to as well. The thing about baby diapers though is its more dependent on your hip size as well though. Just make sure your hips are close in size to your waist and you should be ok. Also even though you could probably wear them, just remember they are more designed for younger children and if you can even wear them depends on the person. I will tell you this though. Pampers size 7 has a wider crotch width then the goodnites. Like you should be able to basically wet like you normally would in a Pampers size 7 and not really worry. Goodnites on the other hand have a smaller width and will mean you are more prone to leaks, so you have to wet slowly. Its more of what you prefer, goodnites will actually be more for your size. Now I have tried depends but they personally I would prefer goodnites over them. To me when depends get wet they have like no swelling what so ever and I just hate the 3 tape system on each flap. Also if I remember correctly depends only has a like small/medium not just a size small. Now the last one you can get is underjams. I don't care what people say this diaper has to be the softest and like thickest feeling diaper I tried when I was younger. now the size/weight on these do not go as high and are deisgned to be low cut. I never wet one, so I can not comment on the absorbency. Now a lot of people complain about the sides being weak. This is true but this may not be true for your size. When I wore them it was only for like an hour and they didn't tear on me, until like the second or third time of putting the same one back on. I have been thinking about buying them again and wearing them. I think people with a 27" waist and below should be able to wear them without worrying about hem tearing so fast, but I would need to experiment and buy them again to see fully.

Here is a chart to help with your decision:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Pampers size 7:

Pros:
    Cute *imo*
    wider crotch width
    better normal wetting ability *from my experince*

cons:
    May not fit you
    Designed mainly for children of younger age
    May not sell in your local store anymore
    Goodnites:

Pros:
    Cute *imo*
    should fit you extremely well

cons:
    Have to slowly wet
    crotch width to small
    Depends:

Pros:
    Made for adults
    Should be able to flood them

cons:
    Not cute
    May not be a snug fit *if I am correct about the small/medium thing*
    Underjams:

Pros:
    Cute *imo*
    Exremly soft and comforbtable *imo*
    Felt thick last time I tried them
    Sides extremly stretchy
    Low cut*great for wearing around others and being discreet*

cons:
    May not fit you
    Designed mainly for children of younger age
    Weight on product does not go that high
    Extremly weak sides but might not matter for your size
    Low cut *bad if it does not fit you well or you do not prefer it*

I hope I have helped you and I wish you the best of luck.

popped34

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Now I have tried depends but they personally I would prefer goodnites over them.
    Wow, thank you for your awesome answers everybody!!!
    I have also tried Depends and i really don't like them because they leak a lot. Unfortunately those are the only diapers i have been able to try.