Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody ride motorcycles here?

Default Does anybody ride motorcycles here?

Very seasoned rider here, owned about 12 sportbikes in the past few years from buying and fixing em.
    I'm just very curious if I'm just THAT rare of a person who enjoys pacifiers and Ducati's.
    I just bought my fiancÚ a 2007 ZZR600 that I'm plasti Dipping black (frame and all)
    Does anybody else share this interest??

I would love a motorbike, but they're a bit too expensive for me at the moment. Tonight I actually bought a Vespa (old style) with limited edition paint job, which I'm looking forward to getting out on next week! I know it's not quite the same, but it's much more affordable for me, and probably less dangerous (I'm too clumsy for my own good!)

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I would love a motorbike, but they're a bit too expensive for me at the moment. Tonight I actually bought a Vespa (old style) with limited edition paint job, which I'm looking forward to getting out on next week! I know it's not quite the same, but it's much more affordable for me, and probably less dangerous (I'm too clumsy for my own good!)
    Scooters are so much fun! Recently I almost bought one just for the heck of it. 70-90mpg can't be beat.

I love riding. I own a 09 DR-Z400S dualsport(street legal dirt bike) and a 04 Ninja 636. Been riding for 4 years and I ride every chance I get.

Road tax is crazy high on motorcycles here so I'm stuck with one vehicle at the moment. But I love motorcylcles, Japanese sport bikes are my favourite.

Prior to pregnancy with my Daughter I was never off my bike, I only had a Yammy SR125 though, I didn't do the more expensive "Direct Access" course so I was restricted to 33bhp for two years. I passed in March '97 but found out I was pregnant in '99 so didn't have the opportunity to upgrade my bike.

I didn't take it up again post-pregnancy because my then other half wouldn't let me as I had been a bit of a crash test dummy on it. Not my fault, my seasoned-biker Dad said I would be safer on a bigger bike as they are designed to stop safely at faster speeds, but my ex wasn't having it, and as he held the purse strings, I had no choice.

The ex paid for me to pass my car test and my Brother bought me a car, so I guess I cannot complain.

If I was well now, I would probably buy a bike to fiddle with (I maintained my previous bike myself) and to ride in good weather, I would love to go on the trips that my Dad does in fair weather.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainVimes View Post
    Prior to pregnancy with my Daughter I was never off my bike, I only had a Yammy SR125 though, I didn't do the more expensive "Direct Access" course so I was restricted to 33bhp for two years. I passed in March '97 but found out I was pregnant in '99 so didn't have the opportunity to upgrade my bike.

I didn't take it up again post-pregnancy because my then other half wouldn't let me as I had been a bit of a crash test dummy on it. Not my fault, my seasoned-biker Dad said I would be safer on a bigger bike as they are designed to stop safely at faster speeds, but my ex wasn't having it, and as he held the purse strings, I had no choice.

The ex paid for me to pass my car test and my Brother bought me a car, so I guess I cannot complain.

If I was well now, I would probably buy a bike to fiddle with (I maintained my previous bike myself) and to ride in good weather, I would love to go on the trips that my Dad does in fair weather.

got a yammy sr125 here as well only got cbt at mo should get my ass into gear to get full licence but cant afford it at moment

Quote Originally Posted by babyhusky View Post
    got a yammy sr125 here as well only got cbt at mo should get my ass into gear to get full licence but cant afford it at moment
    I only did mine cuz my ex, then bf paid for it. Make sure you sort it before your CBT runs out!

I made the mistake of adding provisional bike when I applied for my provisional car licence, when I FINALLY sorted myself a bike, I had literally 2 months to pass CBT AND full test! Failed first time round but passed second attempt thankfully I literally had days until my prov bike licence expired! Phew! Heheh :-)

I bought a 1981 Honda CB750 Custom in '04 and from 2004-2010 it was my main method of getting around, I'd like to finish riding that bike through the lower 48. I have been meaning to clean it up and go through it, but haven't had the time. I also started looking at fuel economy for the stuff I drive. (I mildly hyper mile my cars. Both are at over 40 MPG with plans to get to 50.) So I bought a Ninja 500, that I'm hoping to use as a commuter bike. It's not running yet, but I sent it over to my real mechanic to get it done. I'm looking forward to getting it on the road.