Thread: Excited, I'm getting some big dummies!

Default Excited, I'm getting some big dummies!

Have just ordered 3 big toddler dummies from this site:

www.wellbury.co.uk

I'm getting:
    MAM 12m+ (same as the 16+ in USA I believe)
    NUK 18m+
    Mebby 18m+

so 3 types of size 3 soothers in one go.
    I already have:
    BabyOno 18m+ (only seen on Amazon, described as Mammoth Baby)
    Nip 16m+

and if I get round to buying the Chicco 12m+ I have seen on Amazon and ebay, that completes the 6 size 3's available to us in the UK as far as I can find.

I'd be interested in the mam 12+ months, but there's no info on the site about if they ship to the USA

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I'd be interested in the mam 12+ months, but there's no info on the site about if they ship to the USA
    I thought MAM 16m+ was the same and was available in the USA but perhaps it is mainland Europe I must have got mixed up!

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    I thought MAM 16m+ was the same and was available in the USA but perhaps it is mainland Europe I must have got mixed up!
    The biggest mam available in the US is the 6+ months.

NUK 18+ isn't bad. Here in Spain I bought MaM 12+, 16+ can't find... All of this works, but in a few months hope I'll buy something different - NUK5 and maybe something more.

Update on this:

I've now received all the large soothers I mentioned above, here's a couple of pictures:

I found they were quite varied in size and I've put them in order as to how good they are (mainly how big they are):

MAM 12+ (sold as 16+ in Germany, Austria and others in mainland Europe)
    BabyONO 18+
    NUK 18+
    NIP 16+
    Mebby 18+
    Chicco 12+

They are left to right in the 1st picture (and reversed in the 2nd).

There's a bit of confusion over sizes between different manufacturers. For example some popular soothers here in UK are the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature series which come in 3 sizes but the largest is described as 9-18months. I have not included this as it finishes (at 18 months) where most of the size 3's are starting and starts at 9 months, earlier than any of the other large ones (12,16,18). However it is bigger than the last two in my picture (Mebby 18m and Chicco 12m).

Any thoughts? Anyone found any bigger and better in the UK apart from the obvious NUK 4/5?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyMachine View Post
    wow!!! very great!! love the Chicco
    Hi - thanks! I do realise that was a bit of a pedantic and techie report!
    There are two 12m+ Chicco soothers in my pictures. The green and blue one is standard (glow-in-the-dark though). The clear one is all one silicone moulding so the shield is flexible as well. Was a little disappointed with these, small teats and the clear one has a kind of flange, like a washer or a smaller mouthguard behind the main mouthguard which prevents you from pulling the main mouthgard close against your mouth and feeling secure / fully in.