Thread: Very Very New Newby

Default Very Very New Newby

Hey all,

I'm very new to the ABDL scene. I recently stumbled across my husband's stash while cleaning and discovered his secret adult baby life. I had never heard of anything like it before so needless to say it was a shock to me. We have been married for several years and have been together for over 10 years. He is the smartest, sweetest, most handsome guy I know. he and I both have successful careers in our respective fields. We have a great, fairly normal, heterosexual relationship. We are both strong Christians and are very active in our church. We like going to concerts and sports games and going to wineries and pubs. Just a very normal couple.

I have been searching the internet trying to find out more information about ABDLs and found this site. I really want to try to understand his desire to be a baby girl. I feel like I am ok with it some days and the next it scares me because I don't want it to change things with us. He has told me that he doesn't feel ashamed but I still feel like he isn't ready to share all of it with me yet...or maybe he thinks I can't handle knowing everything...not sure.

So anyways, I just wanted to be able to contact someone else who is in a similar situation to me and maybe get some advice and hear others experiences. I had thought of going to a therapist but the more I read on the internet it seems that even psychologists don't have any real answers on the subject.

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Hi Jujubee
    Great introduction. Welcome to ADISC. There are a bunch of good people here who can answer questions and provide the support you are looking for. I know it can be a shock to find out something like this about someone so close. Please be patient with your husband as this can be quite an embarrasing topic to talk about.

What I would recommend is to post a question to one of the topics here and I'm sure that someone out there can provide at least their point of view. You can also find others in your situation to talk this over with.

A therapist is a good option, you just have to find one you are comfortable with. If he/she doesn't know the terms "Adult baby", "Diaper lover", and "Infantilism", then you probably need to find someone who is.

There are worst things than being ABDL, such as alcoholism, drug abuse, smoking. Being ABDL is basically harmless compared to these other things.

There is also a good thread that was started recently that has some good advice from someone in your position. It's more of a "how to tell your SO about being an ABDL", but from the non-ABDL's partners point of view. Maybe sharing that with him as this could be the catalist for a good conversation. You will have to decide if that is the right thing. Here is the thread:

There is also another web site that can answer some of your questions if you haven't visited it already. Understanding Infantilism

Once again, welcome to ADISC .