Thread: Clothing sizes

Question Clothing sizes

It seems that clothes are getting bigger, or I'm getting smaller. I was shopping yesterday and found that it was harder to find men's small clothes, but yet when I look at children's clothes they are getting bigger. I am having to do most of my clothes shopping in the boy's department depending on the manufacture. While this is great for my "little" because he finds clothes he really likes, but on the other hand I have trouble finding clothes that are age neutral for the adult side of me. Has anyone else have the same problem?

Consider crossing the aisle to find sex neutral clothing in your size. No I do not mean dresses and skirts but pants and jeans etc. There is so much unisex clothing out there it would be hard not to find something that fits be it a big or small framed individual.

CrinklySiren

I know exactly what you're talking about :P I had a friend who worked at bass pro shops and the size Medium was almost never seen there, not because it was always bought first, but because their inventory of medium was less profitable, they're shirts ran from L to XXXL 0_0 and kids clothes as well have gotten bigger. Im assuming this is all due to the whole Obesity thing, we all gotta wear clothes :P i mean ive noticed an increase in the appearance of companies that sell specifically to large men. I'm not too informed on the whole obesity situation but it seems the problem is bigger among men than women, because women have "plus size" sections in stores but ive not seen anything more than that, and they are usually small sections. I have a pretty broad back, yet I can still fit in some XL kids shirts lol... a little tight but still fit.

- - - Updated - - -

You could also try shopping at American Apparel! I mean the clothing is very "hipster" if you like that style of clothing, but the sizes there for men and women run from XS to M, barely ever do you find L in there. The only downside is that its expensive clothes... not like Kenneth Cole expensive, but still pretty pricey :S

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    You could also try shopping at American Apparel! I mean the clothing is very "hipster" if you like that style of clothing, but the sizes there for men and women run from XS to M, barely ever do you find L in there. The only downside is that its expensive clothes... not like Kenneth Cole expensive, but still pretty pricey :S
    I do most of my shopping at Target because of their awesome prices, plus I am not into the following the crowd. I find that if I want trendier clothes, Old Navy is as trendy as I go, I must order them online because they don't carry child sizes larger than a boy's size 14 in store which is very frustrating.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by KaloAllen View Post
    I do most of my shopping at Target because of their awesome prices, plus I am not into the following the crowd. I find that if I want trendier clothes, Old Navy is as trendy as I go, I must order them online because they don't carry child sizes larger than a boy's size 14 in store which is very frustrating.
    oh no thats not what i meant by hipster style xD, I mean they sell basic clothing there but the majority of it falls under the style of which is commonly worn by hipsters :P (basically things that look like you found them at thrift shops but are really brand name -_-, its complicated lol) But hey, if target works for you then great I love shopping at target xD they have lots of nice clothes! And they unconciously seem to cater to littles hahaha xD

Quote Originally Posted by ZooeySis View Post
    oh no thats not what i meant by hipster style xD, I mean they sell basic clothing there but the majority of it falls under the style of which is commonly worn by hipsters :P (basically things that look like you found them at thrift shops but are really brand name -_-, its complicated lol) But hey, if target works for you then great I love shopping at target xD they have lots of nice clothes! And they unconciously seem to cater to littles hahaha xD
    I knew where you were coming from. Don't shop there due to the price. You think Target caters to littles; how so?

Really wish target would start up in the uk. Primark is about as close as you get with the sleepers and cartoon tshirts. But I'm always on the look out for littles clothing so children's clothing comin in bigger sizes is a winner for me! I'm currently a 32inch waist and about 5 foot 5-6ish. What size would that equal In American child sizes? See lots of awesome stuff on eBay.com but don't know what fits

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by KaloAllen View Post
    I knew where you were coming from. Don't shop there due to the price. You think Target caters to littles; how so?
    Well ive bought plenty of colorful shirts in both the adult make and adult female sections of toy story, my little pony, sonic, etc. and I've found colorful playful childish backpacks too that i could never find in walmart or anything. Not to mention they have footed sleepers most of the time xD! Target is the only place ive seen sell footed sleepers (other than spencers of course) and the ones from target have the zipper that goes down to half the thigh!

Plus they just have super cute clothes for girls.

Though I think Kmart is an even higher catering to littles because they have an abundance of coloring books and plushies as well as little-interpretable shirts clothing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ryrypie View Post
    Really wish target would start up in the uk. Primark is about as close as you get with the sleepers and cartoon tshirts. But I'm always on the look out for littles clothing so children's clothing comin in bigger sizes is a winner for me! I'm currently a 32inch waist and about 5 foot 5-6ish. What size would that equal In American child sizes? See lots of awesome stuff on eBay.com but don't know what fits
    I think you would be right on the edge of child sizes 18-20 or XL.

Well,

If you have them in your area shopko has footed sleepers in the woman's section especially near fall...

B