Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission-freaking-Impossible

Default Mission-freaking-Impossible

I have put myself into a bit of a tight spot, and it all has to do with purchasing diapers online.

So, here are the facts.

THE MISSION: Purchase AB Cushies and have them shipped to me before the 20% sale goes

THE PROBLEMS: I live outside of the US, I live with my father and I attend uni for most days.

According to ABUniverse's shipping info, an order to a country outside of the US will arrive either the next Tuesday or the next Friday, depending on which day you purchase it.

First problem is that when I hear the word "shipped", that tends to mean that they are...well, shipped to the country. Meaning that they WON'T arrive on Friday or Tuesday. I don't know whether this is true though.

Next is that I live with my dad. Depending on WHEN the diapers get to me, it could make it difficult for me to get them without him noticing. Some days, I get home before him, and some days he gets home before me. If I was to order them and they are shipped Tuesday, then they might get here on the Wednesday when dad gets home before me. Likewise if I order it so that it gets here on the Friday. Not to mention the fact that he often heads back home for lunch when I'm not around, so he could easily stumble upon the package BEFORE me.

So guys...I need to ask for your help with this. This is my very first time wanting to purchase AB-style diapers, and I constantly hit roadblock after roadblock. The last thing I want to do is for dad to find out, and he is already suspicious as it is. Can someone please help?

Does your dad trust you enough that he wouldnt go through your mail? If he's the type that likes to invade your privacy and opens the box, you're screwed.
    If he does not open the box but asks you whats in it, tell him its his fathers day present and he cant open it yet. Once you have the cushies stashed somewhere, get him a fathers day present and put it in the box to give to him on fathers day. When you say the word "fathers day", all his suspicions will be gone and he'll be too busy wondering what you got him.
    Or if you want them bad enough, you could just skip class on the day they are supposed to arrive. Usually you'll get a tracking number when they ship your order and its quite accurate as to where your package is.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    Does your dad trust you enough that he wouldnt go through your mail? If he's the type that likes to invade your privacy and opens the box, you're screwed.
    If he does not open the box but asks you whats in it, tell him its his fathers day present and he cant open it yet. Once you have the cushies stashed somewhere, get him a fathers day present and put it in the box to give to him on fathers day. When you say the word "fathers day", all his suspicions will be gone and he'll be too busy wondering what you got him.
    Or if you want them bad enough, you could just skip class on the day they are supposed to arrive. Usually you'll get a tracking number when they ship your order and its quite accurate as to where your package is.
    While he isn't the one to open up packages that are marked to me, he'd certainly ask what is in the package considering we don't ordinarily get packages.

Well, I did tell dad the lie that I transferred money onto my Paypal account for a game, but he wouldn't believe that is the case if the diapers are considered a large order and come in the boxed package. Plus, Father's Day is...like...several months away. No matter how flattered he might be of the gesture, he simply wouldn't buy that.

Have you considered leaving special shipping instructions to hold the package at the local shipping office? I

Alternatively, if I remember correctly you may be able to make an account with the shipper and then request specific things about your delivery. I'd make that account a day beforehand though to make sure it gets associated to your address before ordering.

Internationally though...I guess your milage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Have you considered leaving special shipping instructions to hold the package at the local shipping office? I

Alternatively, if I remember correctly you may be able to make an account with the shipper and then request specific things about your delivery. I'd make that account a day beforehand though to make sure it gets associated to your address before ordering.

Internationally though...I guess your milage may vary.
    Well, it's too late on adding any additional instructions.

I have just placed the order....

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post

May not be too late to make that account for the shipper and make a request for it to be held. I'm not sure if you can retroactively do it, but it's worth a shot.

Actually come to think of it UPS had a phone number I called once to instruct them to hold it at the local office via some button presses to a computer phone system. Do you have any numbers to call your shipper?

My memory is foggy but it was either my tracking number I had to type in (which you may have?) or my "sorry we missed you when we tried delivery earlier today" number which won't be helpful for you then. I'm inclined to believe it was my tracking number.

Get spmething for yourself like a bedspread and bring it home when dad's not there. When your package comes, say it's your bedspread, go to your room, open the box and bring back the bedspread that just arrived in the mail!

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post

if it says it "shipped" it can mean one of many things. It can mean that
    A) they put a shipping label on it and are waiting for the delivery service to stop by and pick it up.

B) that its already been picked up and is on its way to sorting in the designated country/state

C) that its already began transportation.

Usually once it says "shipped" it should arrive within 5 days (US) or 10 days (INTL)

But I second what Zipperless said, that sounds like a good idea and i can't believe it never occured to me in my "shipping to my parents house" days lol

Also, another thing that has left me confused. I paid for the diapers, or at least ordered them, on Wednesday. However, it is saying that the payment hasn't gone through. It old me to wait one business day for the payment to go through, but it has been over 24 hours since I purchased the diapers.

Part of me wants to put the payment through again, even though my receipt CONFIRMS I have paid for it. And if Inhave paid for it, putting forward more money will more than likely push me into the negative. Has anyone else had this problem before?